• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

3Years

Smash Lord
so i havent been on here in a while, nor have i been following the updates for almost a year now, wut characters are available now???

Flayl

Smash Hero
Would giving firebreath very small knockback (so that it's easier to reset the character's positioning than SDI'ing into Bowser) be too good for his edgeguarding game?

In case you're not going to use the fire ball thing.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Kirisame would be here, but he has work tomorrow. We might be going to a fest later on saturday, and maybe sunday. Dunno.
Thanks for the heads up, but uhh... last minute parties lol

I'll try to catch one some other time

EDIT: Out of curiosity, using Dolphin would it be possible to connect and play with other people online lag-free?

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Dolphin would still be using Nintendo's WFC, right? If so, you'd probably still experience lag.
Actually no, it's all P2P, it's not even possible for them to use Nintendo's official WFC

So far people playing online have just connected with each other, though I haven't tested it myself yet cause I know nothing about connecting ports and IP adresses and whatnot

EDIT:

Found a video of people playing Melee online, no button lag: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfd8DrbdK8c

Ecks

Smash Lord
It would be so **** if there were Kiallera support or something similar for dolphin. Oh so very ****...

Dan_X

Smash Lord
Hi guys, what's new? Haven't kept up with the project. What was decided of PT? Has he been removed in favor of 3 separate pokemon with new down+bs?

How's everyone on the team doing? It stinks not being a part of it anymore.

Octorox

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team
Hi guys, what's new? Haven't kept up with the project. What was decided of PT? Has he been removed in favor of 3 separate pokemon with new down+bs?

Yep. Charizard has the most work done on him and he's looking sick!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDdx5hPdA_k

Squirtle is looking really good too, but Ivy we haven't seen much of.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra

Dan! <3 How's your art doing? :p

You should also watch some of the char demo vids on the projectmelee channel. :p

IYM!

Smash Lord
this &quot;!&quot; is part of my nick (Chile)
i am very out dated :(

how is going P:M? are more characters ready? the demo of 14 characters havent been actualizated?

brawl's zair recovery yet? and finaly, where can i find good P:M matches, specialy of Link?

sorry for the amount of question, is just, i want to know :urg:

thanks in advance :)

dettadeus

Smash Lord
So I watched a bit of the stream earlier and (being a R.O.B. main) was a bit confused about some parts of his new moveset:
-Up Special. What happened here? It seems like he gets two big boosts that can be used individually.
-Side Special. Was this what caused R.O.B. to fly around like his B-Air got a huge spacing boost or can you aim the U-Special sideways? And did I see a Robo Copter at one point or was that removed?
-D-Special. Looks like the Gyro has a lot less range when fired, and it seems like it goes at its original speed and trajectory before slowing down drastically.
-Up Aerial. Why'd this change? And did I see R.O.B.'s old U-Air at some point in that stream? I think it was in a grounded U-Special but I'm not sure.

Those are the only questions I have. As soon as R.O.B. is finished I'm actually going to give this a try.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
His up-B and side-B are now his recovery move. In the air, he gets 3 boosts total, which you can use interchangably between vertical and horizontal, as you saw. He can still attack between the 3. I think his spinny arm move is still grounded side-B, but I'm not sure.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Spinny Arm is indeed SideB on the ground. The UAir exists because the animation is far better than the old one and has better utility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom