• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Spinny Arm is indeed SideB on the ground. The UAir exists because the animation is far better than the old one and has better utility.
Robo Copter. >_>
And I'm not too sure about the new U-Air, considering it looks impossible to combo into from D-Throw. That's one of R.O.B.'s great combos in Brawl, since it does around 30% very reliably, and his U-Air eats through air-dodges.

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
Robo Copter. >_>
And I'm not too sure about the new U-Air, considering it looks impossible to combo into from D-Throw. That's one of R.O.B.'s great combos in Brawl, since it does around 30% very reliably, and his U-Air eats through air-dodges.
You have to keep in mind that this isn't Brawl. What would've worked there, more than likely won't have the same applications in PM.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
his uair is much improved and is a quick and fast comboer. 30% combos in this game arent *****

SHOTTYGURU

Smash Apprentice
So iv been kinda curious when it comes to lucas. I havent seen him in action since i heard about all these changes would any of you PMBR members care to play him in your next stream?

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Before it slips I remembered and Idea I had randomly about Ledge occupancy(whenever it gets fixed). The idea was to change the length of time to be character specific in the same way Rolls, spot dodges, even get up attacks are. Discuss?

shanus

Smash Hero
so everyone likes progress, and so do we. Let's just say we got a few big things done recently, and are likely due up for some blogposts in the near future

Ecks

Smash Lord
That is, as Hubert J. Farnsworth would put it, "Good news everyone!"

@Spam. I totally do not.

:phone:

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
you all suck. All of you....any case my idea is good but Rihanna's vag is better.

@ Sneak no it doesn't but I would totally right my name on her forehead in white letters if you know what i'm saying. :awesome:

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I'm talking about noticeable difference. As noticeable as the time of Melee and brawl itself.
It is noticeable.

My idea was the opposite. I would prefer a standardized ledge occupancy across all characters. All rolls have x occupancy, all ledge attacks have y occupancy, etc.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
I liked what I saw here. Except the whole rihanna thing.

New blog posts means something is close to being final! Because... Blogs are binding or something.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
So haven't watched streams for a while, has dreamland 64's wind been fixed so it doesn't blow you off the stage, or is that unfixable?

Also you guys are going to use the stage expansion code in the final release correct?

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
so everyone likes progress, and so do we. Let's just say we got a few big things done recently, and are likely due up for some blogposts in the near future
Landing detection is perfect now?

Release of Demo 2?

Clone engine perfected?

Sticky techs removed?

Melee tethers?

Zelda/Sheik transform fix?

/guessing at random

PEEF!

Smash Hero
How about we have a Wop off and whoever wins gets to push their ideas. :awesome:
LOL I'm in PMBR so I already get to push my ideas. Don't think anyone really liked this one though. =/

Not to mention I get my wop game propalike erry morning when I hop up outa bed so youd have no chance.

Ecks

Smash Lord

Release of Demo 2?

Clone engine perfected?

Sticky techs removed?

Melee tethers?

/guessing at random
There have been so many streams lately that if it was any of those, we would have noticed by now. Except for second demo obviously.

BTW what's wrong with Zelda/Sheik transformation and landing detection? Last I heard transform relies in the wii's loading speed and the only problem with landing detection was that a lot of animations had to be fixed.

Beorn4200

Smash Apprentice
There have been so many streams lately that if it was any of those, we would have noticed by now. Except for second demo obviously.

BTW what's wrong with Zelda/Sheik transformation and landing detection? Last I heard transform relies in the wii's loading speed and the only problem with landing detection was that a lot of animations had to be fixed.

Well, if it was a second demo you would have noticed landing detection finished... I doubt above all they would release the second demo without landing detection fixed.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Well, if it was a second demo you would have noticed landing detection finished... I doubt above all they would release the second demo without landing detection fixed.
It would still be hard to tell because we have no idea how all brawl animations are supposed to look with melee landing detection and because if the attack doesn't end in the air on purpose, there's a 99.9% chance that the player will fast fall and L cancel in the blink of an eye anyway. So there really is no way for us to tell if landing detection looks "perfect" or not. :/

Anyway, yeah blogpost, alright!

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
^^haha...that would actually be a hilarious project... and i bet a lot of people would actually play it too...
Why would they want to play a game made deliberately bad?

Not to mention they really could "Just play Brawl." or Balanced Brawl.

Cero

Smash Lord
Has anyone here read Hax's thread talking about the approach flaws in Melee?

What's the PMBR's consensus on that? Do any of you find any truth in Hax's conclusions?

Could we alter some kind of universal mechanic in the game in order to make it easier to approach for all characters (such as increasing shield stun)?

Or is there no need?

Here's the thread for the people who haven't read it yet:
Don't Approach: Melee's Flaw Dissected

jalued

Smash Lord

Release of Demo 2?

Clone engine perfected?

Sticky techs removed?

Melee tethers?

/guessing at random
Or maybe it is just that xyz character's are now finalized. It doesn't seem that there have been any major mechanic breakthroughs for months.

Has anyone here read Hax's thread talking about the approach flaws in Melee?

What's the PMBR's consensus on that? Do any of you find any truth in Hax's conclusions?

Could we alter some kind of universal mechanic in the game in order to make it easier to approach for all characters (such as increasing shield stun)?

Or is there no need?

Here's the thread for the people who haven't read it yet:
Don't Approach: Melee's Flaw Dissected
It is definately an interesting point.

I wouldnt be up for making shieldstun greater, because it would make fox/falco shield pressure even better.

Making CC slightly less potent could be enough

Possible though that melee is just going through a defensive period, so i don't think anyone should rush to conclusions.

Btw, im NOT in the backroom, these are just my thoughts on the issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom