• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
:(

I miss Dantarion and Phantom Wings.

They made the impossible possible.
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWAH!

EDIT: Oh, wait. Is it possible to map it to anything else? Say, like pressing A and B at the same time?
the switching code is hard-coded into the PT modules for down-b. you can't just move it to a different input like that.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
According to Bionic’s modlauncher the “hidden character” is Roy. Even though this is more than likely for testing purposes but I’m asking if that’s true.

And the patch shouldn’t just be a simple “patch.” The limitation of characters got to me quite some time ago and more would really compensate to this, especially the Brawl newcomers and their changes. I’d love to play with ROB’s changes.

Also I don’t understand the big deal about Pokémon Trainer. I found he was just an excuse for a very annoying system of using other Pokémon. I'm glad he’s out. About Zelda/Sheik of having their own Down-B: I don’t think it would be a smart idea. Some people want to use Sheik for her… well, everything but use Zelda to aid Sheik’s recovery and zone out the whole stage with Din’s Fire.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
Zelda doesn't help in recovery at all, loading times in brawl are much slower, but I sure like having Zelda as an option on my Sheik. That is not the case with PT though :/ I like Wild Pokes better

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
PMBR did you guys ever try my tap down B Pokemon trainer movesets? i submittied it in the character idea section and got no feedback. it gives the pokemon trainer down B moves and still lets them switch. There's only a small camera glitch that lasts for 6 frames when you use the down b attack instead of the switch. I was hopeing you guys could fix the camera. This download's animations and attaks are just an example of moves that can be done and can be changed to anything but i guess you can try it out and see if it helps any.

http://www.mediafire.com/?jvjr1d92dxr981t

Lolo_knight

Smash Apprentice
it's not really a patch as the demo was released almost half a year ago. our next version will likely be something much bigger than the patch could ever be.
Sorry If im stating the obvious but.. I have to ask, since most of the times you keep quiet about info that has not being discussed before with the whole team, does this statement means that you have?, the "bigger" meaning in the statement does confirm more characters than the patch had?, having discussed how much content you will be giving to us in this said "patch" is it closer to release as in probly this year?, do you think cucumbers are sexy? (I dont...the word "per se" in the ther hand... co-com-BER!)If you cant adress one of the questions just say so but answer the other =D.

I'm REALLY not triying to be annoying I know how this questions might be for you, a "WE CANT DISCUSS THAT" will suffice but please dont get angry at me this is my first time asking and since the statement lead me to belive this things I had to ask.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
We can't confirm anything about the next release because circumstances could change at any time and nothing is set in stone.

And I find lettuce to be sexier than cucumbers.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Pretty much.

Just try to catch moar streams until the jury comes in.

Resizing a mdl0 through hex is taking so damn long. I started on Saturday and I'm not even halfway done yet. X_X It'll be so worth is if it comes out right. And FW's mdl0 resizer's math is wrong.

ds22

Smash Lord
PMBR did you guys ever try my tap down B Pokemon trainer movesets? i submittied it in the character idea section and got no feedback. it gives the pokemon trainer down B moves and still lets them switch. There's only a small camera glitch that lasts for 6 frames when you use the down b attack instead of the switch. I was hopeing you guys could fix the camera. This download's animations and attaks are just an example of moves that can be done and can be changed to anything but i guess you can try it out and see if it helps any.

http://www.mediafire.com/?jvjr1d92dxr981t
It doesn't look like it would even work while in the air.
Am I correct?

Lolo_knight

Smash Apprentice
We can't confirm anything about the next release because circumstances could change at any time and nothing is set in stone.

And I find lettuce to be sexier than cucumbers.
Thx JC, I find "cucumber" the word sexy cuz in spanish is "pepino", I do admit that "letuce" sounds sexy-er but, in spanish the word is "lechuga" and that sounds awfull -.-

Well anyhow im happy that you r discussing about what will it include i kinda brings me hope that its closer than what i had xpected. =]

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
We tried that before and PT is hard coded to prevent air down B's to execute.
BTW, the method currently used is pretty much flawless.
hmm ok no problem just puting a sugestion out there. Im fine with what ever you guys do with the pokemon trainer as long as the pokemon are playable switching isn't that important for them.

Skieth

Smash Apprentice
The long transformation times (due to wii hardware limitations) have always really bothered me. So, I think separating PT was a good decision.

Plus, waiting to find out what the new down-B's will be is pretty exciting.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Will be streaming tomorrow with a friend of ST and I. He doesn't play competitively but its another person to play with, so its better to have more than none at all. :) Will probably be streaming around 5:30PM CST or so.

Also, don't forget that we'll also be having our crew over and 2 of our other friends over and streaming this sunday. I'm not sure on the time of the stream, but we'll have 4-8 people on stream. :)

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
So I was catching up on things I missed the Past Month because of (insert female johns here) and I came across footage of Olimar...........

So...he's just gonna be a quicker version of Vbrawl Olimar i'm guessing? Obviously everything is subject to change but seeing footage of him I am guessing something has actually been done to him. Also...anything new with pit? Does he still **** Falco?

Ecks

Smash Lord
According to Falco, people use Olimar because he's too crazy and ghey. But he's basically B+ Olimar using pm codes. Personally, I would pretend he's not there and leave him like that lol.

:phone:

Vigilante

Smash Lord
In all honesty, Olimar's has received sufficient changes to be easily differentiated from Brawl + Olimar. I've been told not to give too much info, so I'll just say that while he's not been completely cracked, he wasn't left unchanged.

I should know, I'm Kaiser's testing tool. :p

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
It's a damn shame that specific character quirks are holding back their development. And the fact that trying to reprogram Nana's AI is such a pain in the ***.

Revven

FrankerZ
We are not open to discussing IC's nor have we held any discussions of them in the BR (kind of what's part of being last to work on) so we cannot answer that question.

Jonas

Smash Champion
If you do bring back Wobbling, you should have some kind of failsafe so Nana just Usmashes when opponent is at 300% or something. That way TOs don't have to make an anti stalling rule about it ^__^

MaxThunder

PM Support
I don't really see any reason they really have to bring it back if it takes a lot of work though... but.... well i don't play ic's at all anyways...

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Toaster has a Taiga avatar. You are a good man.

I also bought better cable to reduce the lag on my TV ^^.

Ecks

Smash Lord
^ Not to go off topic, but is there a big different between third party comp cables (cheap ones at that) and the official ones? I got the former thinking it was no big deal, but I'm not impressed with what I got. A few feet away from my tv (26" 1080p) isn't really that bothersome (unless I play TP, Oh god no), but get close and yikes!

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I'm getting component cables, those with two red wires. Those, according to Ryoko are better if you're using an HD TV. I can put my Wii in 480p instead of 480i. So I'll have progressive scan. I hear that can fix some lag issues... although lag will always be present in one form or another.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Yeah, component cables are the way to go if you have an hd tv. Composite (default) are really bad. But comparing the quality I get to those I see at gamestop leaves an awful lot to be desired. Hell I once saw one at best buy (which, to be fair, I didn't see up close) that looked very good. As for Progressive scan, I only get the notice with gcn games. Wii games probably don't ask?

@CloroxTheKid. Unless I'm missing something, DI is just like Melee now. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom