• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Watch the Melee Advanced How to Play videos. I believe every one of them still applies in P:M, though admittedly I haven't watch them in several years and I could be forgetting something.

FireFly

Smash Lord
Man this game is too good. I recently got 5th on a wifi tournament last weekend. This game needs to come out before APEX!

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Lol, if you stop for an extended period of time like I did, it does go down. My timing was heavily damaged from my retirement and I had to relearn it, although it took less time. I also grow confused when I play the PM demo because of landing detection, which is why I stopped playing it altogether until I get one with Melee LD. I figured just playing Melee until then is the best practice.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
I practice solely with the PM demo because of the Brawl techs I'm trying to work into my game, like DACUS or RAR. Also wifi. It is honestly not that bad and if you get the right people, the connection is nigh on flawless. It really increases the variety of people you play and lets you get a little bit more MU experience. Seriously, try it :D

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I can not play this game for weeks at a time and come back just fine after playing a match or two. Maybe PMBR is just too good?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
that's including my secondaries that require more tech skill such as Fox & Marth

Ecks

Smash Lord
I don't have a problem going back and forth between pm demo and melee. I can waveshine in melee because of pm Fox. I was really surprised since I couldn't do it in melee when the demo came out.

It only takes like two or tree matches to get used to LD. (Except wavelands. I cant do it right with some characters in pm.)

:phone:

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Even Captain Falcon? Besides what the general physics allow, what kind of refining does he need?

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I only have one decent opponent to play.. My brother who only uses Ganon in P:M. My only other opponents are my cousin whom I barely see(he's not that great anyway), my mom's BF who has the most campy/unaffective Link ever. Get around his sub-par projectile game and you win. and.. a 6 year old o.O If I were to let him play I guess he could be considered more threatening than the aforementioned Link.. ugh.. We need tournaments in PA.. I'm sure we have some but like.. Idk where they are?
SOMEONE BRING P:M TO A PA TOURNEY :DDD
You'll be my unofficial hero.
There is a semi-consistent scene in Pittsburgh for both games and I'm pretty sure Philly hosts rather large tournaments as well. I know it does brawl (Chibo and co) and I'm rather certain it does Melee as well.

Seriously, does no one check the regional boards?

Yoki

Smash Apprentice
In the event that Wifi isn't fixed when the patch/full release comes out, will you also release a wifi-friendly version*? Online is probably the only thing Brawl had over Melee, and losing it might turn some people off. Light presses, double stick DI and roll buffering should definitely be in the official release, but they don't affect gameplay that much so we should still get an online experience that is very close to true P:M.

Even Captain Falcon? Besides what the general physics allow, what kind of refining does he need?
As a demo character, I'm pretty sure he's done. As far as I know, only some demo characters will receive minor tweaking (Snake, maybe G&W ?).

iLink

Smash Champion
Pretty sure they fixed something about CF's upb and might have done some other very minor tweaks.

BuraiHell

Smash Apprentice
There is a semi-consistent scene in Pittsburgh for both games and I'm pretty sure Philly hosts rather large tournaments as well. I know it does brawl (Chibo and co) and I'm rather certain it does Melee as well.

Seriously, does no one check the regional boards?

Really?.. I might be able to do that.

I'm only on smash boards for this thread. Following P:M is a way to pass the time. ._. idk where the hell the regional boards are. I'll find them when I have time.
Basically everyone still needs work.
Link needs his first kick bwarl bair
his bomb limit at 3 (PLZZZ)
rang catch changed to only certain animations
a tether that reels in much faster like melee (this would be cool for samus and lucas too. a quick and easy way to get back on the ledge.)

and everyone else needs...

stuff.
I'mnotbiasedatall

My friend Chain-Ace is hosting a Melee tourney and we're also having a Smash 64 and PM side event down here in New jersey if you guys are interested. We're also gonna try to get people like Zhu and Linguini to play =D

Here's the tourney:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=12878162#post12878162
I definitely am gonna see if I can go. Will there be P:M there at all? if not I need to practice Melee.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Can we really consider online as something Brawl did better than Melee consider it's so laggy it is virtually unplayable?

BuraiHell

Smash Apprentice
Things Bwarl did "better":

Replays (awesome)- Character roster(sort of) - stage veriety(smashville, FD, .... uh.. nvm.) - hackability (Not something intentionally better but w/e) - soundtrack (for the most part. No saria's song disgusts me.) - Graphics (Unimportant and it doesn't count because of the difference in release dates but it's there.) - wifail (play at the risk of a massive headache.) - 5 character tags (Important to me since my tag is S-o-r-a- .... uhh... UHHHH nvm..) - custom controls - less clones (even though this matters little to me since the clones played vastly different. Still there.)

Idk what else =\
even then Melee >>>>>> Brawl.

PeachEater74

Smash Apprentice
Replays (awesome)- Character roster(sort of) - stage veriety(smashville, FD, .... uh.. nvm.) - hackability (Not something intentionally better but w/e) - soundtrack (for the most part. No saria's song disgusts me.) - Graphics (Unimportant and it doesn't count because of the difference in release dates but it's there.) - wifail (play at the risk of a massive headache.) - 5 character tags (Important to me since my tag is S-o-r-a- .... uhh... UHHHH nvm..) - custom controls - less clones (even though this matters little to me since the clones played vastly different. Still there.)

Idk what else =\
even then Melee > Brawl.
Melee is better because of the gameplay, not the aesthetic content.

BuraiHell

Smash Apprentice
^ I realize. But replays are definitely a great feature. The 3 minute limit is stupid as hell though. PRAISE HACKERS.

Those are still the small things that brawl added to melee. Even after taking EVERYTHING ELSE out.

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
In the event that Wifi isn't fixed when the patch/full release comes out, will you also release a wifi-friendly version*? Online is probably the only thing Brawl had over Melee, and losing it might turn some people off. Light presses, double stick DI and roll buffering should definitely be in the official release, but they don't affect gameplay that much so we should still get an online experience that is very close to true P:M.
I'm curious about this too. Frame Delay and p2p online may make it hard to play, but it's there and it should be taken advantage of.

Any chance of a wifi-friendly version, separate from the final release? Light presses and so on are excellent, but for the sake of online play, I think they can be spared.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I have a question for the PM devs...

Is there any resource which shows the base knock-back of every move in Melee? Like, a thread Magus has made or something?

Alternatively, is there any way to find out via Dolphin (I don't have an AR)?

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Things Bwarl did "better":

Idk what else =\
even then Melee >>>>>> Brawl.
Saria's Song is in the Zelda Medley. It's epic.

Igni3

Smash Rookie
2677 pages?!

Why this mod is THAT interesting, never player Melee, but I played 64, and some mechanics was more fun =P, like the jumps and things like that, can someone please say me why Melee is that interesting? =O

Spoon~

Smash Ace
2677 pages?!

Why this mod is THAT interesting, never player Melee, but I played 64, and some mechanics was more fun =P, like the jumps and things like that, can someone please say me why Melee is that interesting? =O
Try it out and bask in all of its glory.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude

It appears KTH and his crew has redone Falco once again, probably for a couple more minor details. It does look even more accurate than before, mostly the eyes.

BuraiHell

Smash Apprentice
Saria's Song is in the Zelda Medley. It's epic.
No.
No. No. No. No.
I hate that goddamn word. It's so overused and it means nothing. It's the very definition of a cliche. I die intellectually every time I read it. It's the very epitome of a weak vocabulary these days. So many other adjectives available for use.

Don't take it personal, I always rant when I see that word.

Anyway, The Zelda Medley is on eldin iirc. No way in hell am I going through the 7+ minutes necessary to move that song to any stage. Saria's song by itself was good enough.

That wasn't a legit complaint anyway lol. I barely even noticed it was gone. I was mad when I noticed, but not that mad. I put it back on anyway.

and I'm now irritated because I have no damn way to go one state away for the new jersey tournament. e.e I need to find one in pittsburgh. Even if the black and yellow will suffocate me.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
I'm probably WAY behind but I've been messing around with what this does to single player and I got some fun results.

Classic: Playable 100% and sometimes it loads up a stage you can't get to on the SSS that isn't in the demo for some reason.

All-Star: See Classic

SSE: This one's pretty interesting, I loaded up my old file and all the stages were clear but it only allowed me to play as Mario, no matter what, there's never an option to choose it just auto loads Mario and I get generic Smash logos for extra lives, SO being the experimental kinda guy that I am (too much free time) I started a new file, which works to a degree. I started it off chose Mario I fought Kirby no problem, in the next fight I chose Kirby Peach Zelda THEN Mario. Kirby and Peach came up as blank spots where the stock is shown and Mario came out and this was basically the theme the entire time, if the character I'm supposed to be isn't in Project:M Mario gets loaded and the name at the bottom is "Green Alloy" EXCEPT Pit, I got to play as him but it was as if he had gravity x10 and I died a lot. My "adventure" ended when I had to leave/died (not sure) and returned to the map screen, I tried to restart and after the cut-scene and me choosing the character I got that awful buzzing sound and I reset. It seems you can't proceed if you start from the middle (or maybe just the DK stage).

Event: All work, except stage specific ones (Pit's was FUNNY! There IS no point to it).

Stadium: All A-OK (By the way, changing all the instances of the word "Brawl" to "Smash" is great but maybe replace the sounds so the guy says "Smash"? I don't know how difficult voice swapping is).

I also wanna know why certain stages were OBVIOUSLY changed/replaced as seen in 1P mode but don't appear on the SSS and also whether it's in the cards to add the effects to the "new" Melee stages (water on FoD, SFX on UFO etc.)

Just an idea as well but I've been using the music placing tool (forget the name) and would it be possible to maybe get a Project: M version of the stage list? I know I know, wrong place but still worth a shot right?

Thanks for reading my "essay".

Ecks

Smash Lord
Any mode that has you fighting R.O.B will crash since he just LOVES to jump and airdodge for no reason (rob has no special fall, in case you're wondering why it freezes.). Really, I've been way away from him and he just does it for the hell of it anyway.

And maybe some codes (such as the level freezer code) are affecting other stages not in the SSS.

Also, the spikes will freeze too (Stadium and SSE spikes). And the SSE thing is probably on purpose. Tourney (lolol who uses this?) also doesn't work.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Weird, some of these seem intentional.

Also is there a different music code out there? Sometimes the song will freeze, go staticy and start another song. totally weird. and when you try to listen to the Metal Mario theme in my music it also becomes staticy.

EDIT: Dear P:M team consider THIS

Ecks

Smash Lord
I'm sure the SSE only letting you play Mario is intentional since you're not suposed to play as non demo characters. And you need to defrag your sd card to fix the songs. It's not the code that's causing trouble, it's the file.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Defrag? I got the songs from a big website, I thought there was some form of quality control, oh well...

Ecks

Smash Lord
Not a quality issue, this problem happens all the time. I know I at least have to do it 99% of the time I add a new song.
*not sure if this happens literally all the time btw.

Anyway, go to my computer, right click on your sd card and look around for the option to defrag. It won't harm your sd card and will fix your problem.

Beorn4200

Smash Apprentice
Any mode that has you fighting R.O.B will crash since he just LOVES to jump and airdodge for no reason (rob has no special fall, in case you're wondering why it freezes.). Really, I've been way away from him and he just does it for the hell of it anyway.

And maybe some codes (such as the level freezer code) are affecting other stages not in the SSS.

Also, the spikes will freeze too (Stadium and SSE spikes). And the SSE thing is probably on purpose. Tourney (lolol who uses this?) also doesn't work.

The fire floors in a few levels will also freeze.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom