• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecks

Smash Lord
I didn't know you guys were twins. News to me.

I hope streamers have been practicing their Procario, because I want to see some sick Lucario combos soon.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
I understand how to use lucario quite a bit more than before. I'm usually able to get like 2-3 hit strings. I just need to start putting aura sphere -> shield cancel -> jump OoS into things.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
Are you and Clink related or was this just a typo?
lol no not related I don't even think I'm related to anyone who actually plays smash. also Im an only child with a german step brother lol. tbqh even I didn't know standard and monk were even related lol. But regardless Keep up the awesome work with this game.

Watched the stream earlier I overheard something about Ike having a new Dsmash or something? Anyone have a video of it? or atleast explain how it works?

Turns out there is a family emergency with our cousins. So they may or may not come over tonight. However, we will still be streaming.
That sucks hope for the best.

leelue

Smash Lord
I know that I've asked this before, but I don't remember the answer, so excuse me for asking again.

Has anybody noticed an almost imperceptibly longer space in time between either
a) trying to put up your shield when running (perhaps in the initial run animation)?
b) trying to put up your shield when wavedashing?
c) trying to put up your shield after teching?

I keep thinking "wow no blocks?" all the time when playing and it seems to be during these three specific windows more often than not.
I no longer own a copy of melee, so... I cannot test. If somebody could test for me, that would be great.

I ask for tests because every once in a while the answer "straight from melee" will crop up for questions like these.... but it won't be entirely true. Those are usually animation-to-hitbox related but I just want to be sure.

Also, sorry for being inactive. Baby mama drama is on the loose.

Best wishes to the StandardUnit family.

Clink
Ike's down smash hits once, quickly, on the front side (similar to his down tilt) and at a low angle. Also known as death.

Im not sure why I'd use the down tilt anymore, but I don't play Ike :p

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Actually that's not how Ike's dsmash works at all...

Dsmash still hits twice, but the second hit is optional, just like Link's fsmash. The second hit is a kill move, but the first hit pops them up behind Ike with low knockback. Hope that clears it up.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
More or less yeah, except since the second hit is optional, you can follow it up with whatever you want. It's also safer.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
I definitely approve of Ike's new Dsmash. 1st hit of Dsmash to Bair, anyone? ;o

I think D3's second jab would benefit from the direction that sends people and it's KB. Come to think of it, that's from a thread full of D3 ideas I made a few months ago. It should still be on SmashMods, I think.

EDIT: Yeah, it's still there. It's called Daydreaming n' Stuff - Part 2 if anyone's curious.
:phone:

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Well, I see it less as a standalone buff and more as a new option. But having more valid options is a buff in and of itself. What is different with more options instead of a buff is that it allows for:

1) More variety.
2) More potential mindgames.
3) More combo variations.

So I approve.

crush

Smash Master
I've brought this up like five times but nobody has actually answered me lol.

Is there still zero lag from jumping up from the ledge? (not ledgehopping just regular jumping from the ledge)

And can sheik still regain her jumps after she clings on a wall?

Rikana

Smash Champion
I'm sure they're keeping the full ledge jump where you can pretty much do anything out of it.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I like this ledge jump anyways. It feels more.... free. And it adds a new dimension to ledge recovery.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I've brought this up like five times but nobody has actually answered me lol.

Is there still zero lag from jumping up from the ledge? (not ledgehopping just regular jumping from the ledge)

And can sheik still regain her jumps after she clings on a wall?

I'm not sure on the frame data for IASA on the ledge jump, but I think you can do an aerial or something as soon as you let go of the edge.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
*watches standardtoaster's livestream recording from May 8th*

...how much have you worked on your music selections instead of P:M physics/character balancing?

BECAUSE IT WAS ALL SO WORTH IT.

Gimme.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
...how much have you worked on your music selections instead of P:M physics/character balancing?
BECAUSE IT WAS ALL SO WORTH IT.
Gimme.
Man, I've got a killer list of tunes I've put in my Brawl that I've had to mix a lot of them together myself. I should really release the list, and all of the songs one of these days. :awesome:

Alas, it is a work in progress.

OmegaMuffin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OmegaMuffin498
Haha I have DBZ Budokai Music on my YI Brawl as well as the main fight music from FFX. It fits suprisingly well.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
As far as music is concerned I haven't replaced a lot, FD, BF, and Smashville being the only exceptions. For the most part I think Brawl has one of the best soundtracks in video game history.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
yeah but you still need to make the Nyan Cat FD :mad:
........I have totally forgotten about this. I have already told you to PM/VM me occasionally to remind me otherwise I'll forget! D: I have my laptop with me, but I don't know if I'll work on it tonight. There is a slight chance though. :bee:

Kix

Smash Journeyman
About the blogpost--I noticed something was wrong with the shielding, so this is great news.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
If Brawl had so many good songs, why would we replace them with things that are better. :troll:
The game has good songs. It's just 2 issues.

1# We heard the best default tunes so much it tires us to hear it again.

2# There's also quite a bit of Soundtrack Dissonance. Smashville and Pictochat are the biggest offenders.

The Roost is nicely composed, but it isn't fitting and makes me wanna.... fall asleep.

ZzzzZzzzz

No matter how good the soundtrack, the modders of a game WILL change it to their tastes. It happens with every game that gets modded.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I see the biggest benefit of custom music as matching it to the modded stages that we use. Some of the default music is good on the default stages, but it's out of place once they're retextured. When I played vBrawl and I was using this and this, I used all jungle and beach songs from other video games to match the atmosphere better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom