• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
No really, the last 2 times I heard the Roost, I fell asleep.

Back on topic, I like the subtle changes that are being made over time to bring the game closer to Melee the project's goal.

GPDP

Smash Ace
No really, the last 2 times I heard the Roost, I fell asleep.

Back on topic, I like the subtle changes that are being made over time to bring the game closer to Melee.
I put the Godhand credits theme over The Roost. Feels good man.

Ecks

Smash Lord
StandardUnit family...
The name suggests it's nothing special... lol

@Anth0ny They could easily top anything by giving Falco Samuel L Jackson's voice. You all know you want to. Just imagine the taunt possibilities!

:phone:

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Actually, Brawl already topped every other games' voice actors. I mean, Goku is voicing Lucario. Top that.

Also every well-thought-out set of music hacks needs "Humoresque of a Little Dog" on Delfino Plaza. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE.

I also recently realized there is plenty of good music on Shadow Moses Island, most of which I have never heard before... Because it's on Shadow Moses Island.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Except that the voice actors for Falco, Wolf and Fox are not the N64 ones. They are just not good ones. Ike is also pretty bad. Snake is giid but that's expected if David Hayter.

Still, ghetto Brooklyn Falco, nasal Fox and American pirate Wolf lower the balance. Ike is about as bad as in his game.

Sir Combee

Smash Apprentice
Quick question. Will Samus and Zamus have a pratical way of transforming? I know Samus can become Zero Suit without a final smash with a taunt combination, but will Zamus be able to become Samus (while not using a final smash)? Is that even possible to do in terms of PSA work?

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Quick question. Will Samus and Zamus have a pratical way of transforming? I know Samus can become Zero Suit without a final smash with a taunt combination, but will Zamus be able to become Samus (while not using a final smash)? Is that even possible to do in terms of PSA work?
Samus can still transform into ZSS through the taunt thing, I think, I'm not sure on this. Also, ZSS probably can't transform back through taunts due to her low file size and stuff. Why would you want to switch back anyways? :p

Revven

FrankerZ
No, there won't be a practical way to transform between the two. They're not intended to be like Zelda/Sheik is, ZSS and Samus play as if they were meant to be separate characters.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Don't diss the black guy from Police Academy D:
LMAO! I won't help but literally LOL every time I hear his sfx from now on. My personal MU for G&W is now 20|80 at his favor thanks to that joke. lol

And the guy who voiced Mewtwo in Melee was really into it. That's pro work at it's best.

:phone:

Shawn101589

Smash Journeyman
So I was reading stuff on the Brawl forums about how certain controller ports took priority if the same thing occured, IE if two characters grab at the same exact time the decision is left up to port priority, or when Bowser suicides whether or not it is a draw or in his favor is based on port priority. Now as far as I know this type of thing wasn't in Melee but please correct me if I'm wrong. My question is, is this something that is being fixed in Project M?

Spoon~

Smash Ace
Samus can still transform into ZSS through the taunt thing, I think, I'm not sure on this. Also, ZSS probably can't transform back through taunts due to her low file size and stuff. Why would you want to switch back anyways? :p
Because powersuit is way better =p

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
...you mean prey?

ShawnNumbers: Grab port priority is similar to Melee. The other stuff isn't. That's based on some stuff going on in sora_melee.rel that we haven't been able to look into too much until recently, so if we're able to do it we hopefully will be able to fix.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I never understood why they didn't just make two, same-frame grab collisions just cancel each other, go right through each other, or cause the characters to go into their grab release animation. As for Bowser-ciding, they shouldn't have ever bothered with the port priority and just gave him the ****ing win.

iLink

Smash Champion
No, there won't be a practical way to transform between the two. They're not intended to be like Zelda/Sheik is, ZSS and Samus play as if they were meant to be separate characters.
Just saying... I don't see a reason to NOT change that...

Unless its just not doable atm.

Brian_Link

Smash Cadet
Transformation coding is abysmal and likely not worth the time or effort when the characters work fine as they are unlike Pokemon Trainer. =\
It may not be worth the effort, but I know I like the idea of being able to switch between the two. I certainly agree that it shouldn't be a major part of (Z)Samus's game and be as easy to do as a down-B, but I would like the option of being able to switch between them, and not have to rely on not accidentally hitting side Taunt.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
Transformation coding is abysmal and likely not worth the time or effort when the characters work fine as they are unlike Pokemon Trainer. =\
Speaking of Pokemon Trainer, what's been done with transforming between Pokemon? Will I be able to start a combo as say Squirtle and finish them off as Charizard (basically meaning near instantaneous transformations) or is that impossible/very difficult due to load times?

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
I also recently realized there is plenty of good music on Shadow Moses Island, most of which I have never heard before... Because it's on Shadow Moses Island.
Why don't we make a good metal gear solid stage then?

EDIT: Perhaps a place from MGS3?

moleman915

Smash Apprentice
Also speaking of PT, has it been decided if all the pokemon will be recievieng down Bs now since it's possible? And if this is the case and PT is being scrapped, it may be a good Idea to just leave him in the background of each of the pokemon just for nostalgic purposes so people dont complain. I just think having 3 seperate comeplete characters would better.

EDIT: Im diggin the idea of a better MGS stage. Shadow moses is horrible. I wonder why no one has attempted this yet.

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
EDIT: Im diggin the idea of a better MGS stage. Shadow moses is horrible. I wonder why no one has attempted this yet.
Someone made a stage of the plant from MGS2, but that's just such an unremarkable location. It didn't have any of the iconic power of Shadow Moses. (That and the stage was kinda boring.) Which is why I say make it MGS3. That or maybe the place on Shadow Moses where you fight the hind. Or hell, a different location from the game.

Since lucas lost his final smash, I am all in favor of separating the pokemon.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Since lucas lost his final smash, I am all in favor of separating the pokemon.
How does that make sense? One is a part of the competitive metagame and the other never was. Seperating PT should not be taken as lightly as removing final smashes.

moleman915

Smash Apprentice
The amount of time and circumastances even required for PT to switch kind of makes it pointless, I feel like it doesnt even fit in the game. The pokemon are already seperated, why have a switchable version too that offers advantages? You might as well just keep the pokemon unseperated if you can just switch through them. Or give them down Bs.

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
How does that make sense? One is a part of the competitive metagame and the other never was. Seperating PT should not be taken as lightly as removing final smashes.
It was a swing decision for me based on a bunch of other reasons. Some people still play with items, and for those people it makes sense to give a favorable impression with the final smashes.

My big thing with separating the pokemon was really whether they could be given new final smashes as separate characters. Since that is no longer a concern, I have no qualms with separating them.

I should clarify that I have no real stance on separating them now, I'm good with whatever you guys decide. It's more me sanctioning the idea, rather than saying it is what should be done.

ajajayjay

Smash Journeyman
The best route would be to have both with PT; being able to select pokemon trainer and use pokemon change, or choose seperate pokemon on the CSS and have individual down bs. Is that feasible?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I am actually for separating them myself, but I don't think the transforming mechanic itself is as trivial and stupid as final smashes so it shouldn't be written off just like that. That's why I didn't like your comparison.

Cero

Smash Lord
I'm for keeping the pokemon together, for the sake of preserving the uniqueness of the character. Being forced to switch between three different characters is a major technical barrier that, I for one, appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom