• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ulevo

Smash Master
I'm for keeping the pokemon together, for the sake of preserving the uniqueness of the character. Being forced to switch between three different characters is a major technical barrier that, I for one, appreciated.
This.

The way Pokemon Trainer and the individual Pokemon function (with Pokemon Trainer being a single entity that requires the mandatory switch upon death of three characters, and individual Pokemon not being able to switch at all) right now are perfectly fine. In fact, I don't see a better alternative.

slimpyman

Smash Journeyman
I definitely am for having all 3 together... I did think that the nerf to their power if they just died was dumb, but it probably makes sense... otherwise just make 3 seperate characters on the css... but if they were seperate, it would be cool to give them a downB.

IYM!

Smash Lord
I am late saying this but, i liked so much the idea about Falco Samuel L jackson (i spelled his name right?) :laugh:

Also the idea of make a competitive MGS stage, i like the original one, but for party games only, as a competitive stage is a fail :ohwell:

I hate the sonic stage, but, if snake would have his own mpetitive house, Sonic also deserve one

This.

The way Pokemon Trainer and the individual Pokemon function (with Pokemon Trainer being a single entity that requires the mandatory switch upon death of three characters, and individual Pokemon not being able to switch at all) right now are perfectly fine. In fact, I don't see a better alternative.
i am very agree with you Ulevo, PKN trainer is a unique Character, and have his 3 pokemons togheters give him more Strenghts, but also fair weakness

GaretHax

Smash Journeyman
I have to admit, I did enjoy the ability to use all three pokemon, but in a melee environment... A fast-moving(as in faster than ganon don't shoot me) ganon-eque character with a decent recovery, a fast character that strings combo's easier than sheik with a decent recovery, and a character that has excellent tools for spacing and a modestly bad thether recovery... How do you balance that without making the individuals terribad compared to the sum? Plus how do you CP/counter that? Much less play against it at a high level... I dnno I don't like the idea of it, but maybe I'm just being paranoid. They just seem to cover each other's respective weaknesses entirely too well.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
I have to admit, I did enjoy the ability to use all three pokemon, but in a melee environment... A fast-moving(as in faster than ganon don't shoot me) ganon-eque character with a decent recovery, a fast character that strings combo's easier than sheik with a decent recovery, and a character that has excellent tools for spacing and a modestly bad thether recovery... How do you balance that without making the individuals terribad compared to the sum? Plus how do you CP/counter that? Much less play against it at a high level... I dnno I don't like the idea of it, but maybe I'm just being paranoid. They just seem to cover each other's respective weaknesses entirely too well.
I say keep Pokemon and pokemon trainer the same as it is in B+ that way you get the best of both worlds. Like someone said before not every character has a viable move. Just imagine it like ganondorf for example he has a ton of powerful moves but yet his Utilt sucks balls and is primarly useless but yet ganon is still a phenomimal character. Should be no reason why the pokemon can't be the same except Ivy with his damn tether return.

I too would like to see a new MGS stage its no offense but the original while its original is a terrible stage overall. I'll take a look at some stage screens and maybe post them to someone who knows alot about custom stage editing.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Actually, Shadow Moses is a stage with potential. I would however make it this way if I knew how:

1) No walls
2) Extend boundaries to the two sides.
3) Make the camera cover a bit more on left and right, or do some resizing job.
4) Holes on each side, starting from where walls are usually.

I don't know boundaries, and made this in five seconds, but it would be that general idea:

Bam, legal MGS stage ^^

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Is there any way Luigi will be in the next version of the demo? I have fallen in love with him recently. He's such a fun character to use for ****ing around and such.

I know it has been said no new character will be added but i'm becoming more and more aware of how much time will probably pass before ledge occupancy is fixed. By that time some other characters may be read for release....just trying to be optimistic for once.

@ Vigilante

I think that is a unique design. Having an extremely large platform that covers to top of the stage....not sure I've seen that before.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I think that could be an interesting doubles stage at the very least, literally having two flat plateform arenas, but also, I can see it used in singles.

IYM!

Smash Lord
I think that could be an interesting doubles stage at the very least, literally having two flat plateform arenas, but also, I can see it used in singles.
i love make stages in the stage builder, and make the desing than you showed is easy,

i like the desing for shadow moses, basicaly, it keeps all the platforms, only remove walls and add holes.

Maybe the ledge can have a diferent form, not a "square" form like the blocks of Stage builder

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Is there any way Luigi will be in the next version of the demo? I have fallen in love with him recently. He's such a fun character to use for ****ing around and such.

I know it has been said no new character will be added but i'm becoming more and more aware of how much time will probably pass before ledge occupancy is fixed. By that time some other characters may be read for release....just trying to be optimistic for once.

@ Vigilante

I think that is a unique design. Having an extremely large platform that covers to top of the stage....not sure I've seen that before.
They already decided the stage list. Even if isn't legal, it could still be used for fun. I could make it myself.... if Ninty would restock on Wii Lens Cleaners.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Lol, I just gave a basic idea, I think people like Frozen Hobo, MonkUnit, or Shadic can do better than me. I was aiming at simplicity, because I always felt simple stages are often better in terms of tournaments. I have the stage list, I'll post it only if I get the permission of the PMBR, though I don't think they'd mind since they gave it so freely. Frozen did tell me it was a full list of what they had at the moment, but thst it "could" expand. However, he wasn't at the liberty to say if it will considering he himself did not know.

Edit: Also, an idea Frozen told me about, although nothing is official, was the possibility of having Dracula's Castle's platforms take shapes of several neutral stages. It would be timed around the eight minutes it takes to take a match and looped. Less neutral forms would occur only during the later parts of the eight minutes, where you're less likely to reach. In other words, it shifts from neutral form to neutral form. WHat would you guys think?

Ecks

Smash Lord
What's so bad about keeping PT the way he currently is (normal and wild)?

It's top tier material for sure, but you need to master three totally different characters. Maybe make PT vulnerable while changing somehow. Or if things get complicated, incorporate the stamina system thing in some way.

@Vigilante.

I think the stage looks too much like Warioware. I know it wouldn't play the same, it's just something I noticed.

Edit: Now that I think about it, it could end up a good, interesting stage. Plus more neutral variety.

:phone:

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Lol, like I said, I don't expect my ideas to be taken, I just put them out there for them to pick or leave. But it's good to see overall positive reactions and the potential for a nice debate.

I personally would be more of a fan of separate Pokemons and their own Bs, and cloned Pokemon trainer with all three. So everybody wins.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
The Pokemon ARE vulnerable when switching.

Get back! Go Punishment!

I still remember Snake/Bowser Fsmash the Wi-fail rookies who switch in front of me in 2008.

Ecks

Smash Lord
The problem isn't really the trainer himself though, it's the switching. Is it possible to give them their own down b and keeping the switch when they're alone?

And are there any plans about changing the css layout in the future? I'm kinda tired of the b+ one. (I am aware I can just change it myself lol)

Edit: late post.

Well I admit I wouldn't know, EY. Just trying to address possible future problems.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Problem is M doesn't have B+ layout. I really could only see:

Squirtle + down B
Ivy + Down B
Chari + Down B
PKMN Trainer.

THat or put switch on taunt.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
What's so bad about keeping PT the way he currently is (normal and wild)?

It's top tier material for sure, but you need to master three totally different characters. Maybe make PT vulnerable while changing somehow. Or if things get complicated, incorporate the stamina system thing in some way.

I really don't think they'll re put in the stamina for PT due to it hurts the pokemon/player more than anything. The pokemon are already sort of vulnerable when switching. I personally think Pokemon trainer is fine how he is due to it does have some flaws. What they could do since there is already a code for it is if you pick PT your pokemon stays even when he dies instead of autoswitch upon death.

It would still give use of vB for switching unless the pokemon are getting new vb moves. this would make PT more like Zelda/shiek combo but with an added transformation basically. I forget where I seen this at but I always thought it was a cool idea.

Question.... for any of the devs are you guys going to fix or the elemental damage properties of the pokemon or is that involved with its stamina system?

Ecks

Smash Lord
Problem is M doesn't have B+ layout.
I mean the character selection screen layout, which is indeed the one used in B+.

I like the dpad idea. And like I said before, I have no problem keeping PT the way he currently is. If things result broken, then maybe something could be done in the future. For now it's best to wait and see IMO.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
I mean the character selection screen layout, which is indeed the one used in B+.

I like the dpad idea. And like I said before, I have no problem keeping PT the way he currently is. If things result broken, then maybe something could be done in the future. For now it's best to wait and see IMO.

The D-pad would be pretty cool. But which taunt would you replace for the switching is the question.

Actually on topic about the D-pad is there anyway to get the CCPro or even the CC D-pad to be the move up down left right? Just wondering because I personally think the CCpro or even just the CC would feel amazing if we could it to regester in brawl. or would that not work?

Ecks

Smash Lord
The D-pad would be pretty cool. But which taunt would you replace for the switching is the question.
Remember that not every direction has a taunt, since characters only have three taunts.

ST, So I can pick zard and have downb move and my oponent picks PT (zard as well) and can switch? Or is it one or the other?

Vigilante

Smash Lord
How it is now, the only way to do get both would be to have the clone engine done and cloning the character data, I'd imagine. Else, if you just added slots, the paks would still be shared between the separated and non-separated version. Meaning they can't have different movesets.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Meh, better to keep it as it is then. Indy PKM can be good enough to not need a down b.

So I noticed that Wolf, Fox, Ness, etc. can absorb hits within certain frames of down b startup while still taking damage, kinda like a super armor. Will this be kept? (I haven't tried physical attacks with Ness, just Samus's missiles since I was lazy at the time. And note that I was using B+, if it matters.)

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
IIRC Wolf and fox's downB have invincibility during those startup or first frames or something, I forget which frame(s) but thats why they absorb it

Ecks

Smash Lord
But will it be kept that way, at least for Wolf? (unless it it's been like that since melee, in which case, I clearly don't know Fox as well as I thought.)

Ecks

Smash Lord
That is a wonderful avatar you have there, Ecks.

It's a "wtf" CSP SJS made for Tink at KC:MM. I thought it was the most adorable thing ever lol.

I'm sad it lost so much quality when I cut and resized it, but it's something.

It's really impressive how much data Magus can get a hold of lol. Anyway, I think it would make a great addition for characters that can do it. Specially Wolf, since shines are fast.

ajajayjay

Smash Journeyman
Pokemon trainer is gonna be one ***** to counterpick against; no matter how you slice it, you are pretty much guaranteed that one of the three pokemon has a good match-up against any given character.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Not necessarily. The person has to also be good with the three. One could also take into account counterpicks by taking skill wih individual Pokemons in consideration. Of course, that would require knowing something about the player.

I'm on the down B camp, just because I think one transformation character is sufficient. BUT, I can understand the reason why some like PT as a transformaiton character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom