• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT1B_LmxRCc
i asked this in the comments as well, but...
at around 0:13, dorf overb's snake, then does turn around-wizard's foot on snake's tech roll away. i have NEVER been able to do anything other than another chokeslam if my opponent techs behind me. am i just that much slower or does snake have a slower/shorter tech roll than average?

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I have a lot of random music on stages.

I have this on Lylat Cruise.

A looping version of this on Halberd.

This on Battlefield.

A bunch of others, I can put together a full list later.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Mmm... I know this is off topic but, can I go over the file size limit if I edit my iso (So I can then edit it with the SD without worrying)?

And snake had a shotgun? O_o

:phone:

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
So, like, I've never used Riivolution before. If I use the P:M Riivolution installer, can I use that to choose between P:M and vBrawl (with hacks) when I load the game, or is that something that I'll need to set up on my own?

GPDP

Smash Ace
Maybe it's just me, but I remember Falcon's run animation being a lot more intense in Melee. In Brawl his run looks almost... comical for some reason.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Silly animations were silly.

Oh, which reminds me. Dedede in Brawl is one of the most defensive characters outside of camping, are you guys planning on keeping him defensive?

Ecks

Smash Lord
I would love you guys if:
-You guys gave Marth his Melee walk. (high priority stuff here :awesome:)
-Made Marth a little bigger overall (just compare his head to other "normal" human characters, specially Link. He looks like a doll or something.)
-Make it so you can continue dancing blade with the A button like in Melee.

/Marth stuff.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Nah I thought of a name that on the surface is a silly pun (in the same vein as "It's M-azing!") but has a deeper meaning beyond that. I think it's pretty clever anyway. You'll see soon enough, within the week hopefully.
Aww, don't like my pun anymore?

Sad :<

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
>.>

<.<

I should make a combo video with Project M Demo using December build characters can call it "It's not M-Azing"

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Maybe it's just me, but I remember Falcon's run animation being a lot more intense in Melee. In Brawl his run looks almost... comical for some reason.
that is Good,

what about his Dash attack animation, the melee one is cooler
I've been saying both of these for months, but since they're only aesthetic changes they probably won't be changed until they're done with the more pressing issues or someone has time to do it.
Still, the fact that the each member of the PMBR has different tasks, gives me hope that these will get changed.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I would love you guys if:
-You guys gave Marth his Melee walk. (high priority stuff here :awesome:)
-Made Marth a little bigger overall (just compare his head to other "normal" human characters, specially Link. He looks like a doll or something.)
-Make it so you can continue dancing blade with the A button like in Melee.

/Marth stuff.

Then you lose the cool thing of sideB -> fair :awesome:

otherwise you get Dancing Blade1 -> Dancing Blade2. :p

GPDP

Smash Ace
I've been saying both of these for months, but since they're only aesthetic changes they probably won't be changed until they're done with the more pressing issues or someone has time to do it.
Still, the fact that the each member of the PMBR has different tasks, gives me hope that these will get changed.
Yeah, only reason I never brought it up was because I used to be fairly anti-aesthetic changes (like changing Ganondorf and the space animals' animations back to Melee), but once I changed my mind, and saw Link's dash animation getting changed, I thought I'd bring up Falcon's silly Brawl dash.

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
Hey, how much work has been done on the animations and tweaking for landing detection, now that we can actually track the work on it instead of just random discoveries?

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
Woops my bad my eyes are getting bad 6 years and no check up so far can't really afford to go. I thought it said falco but just re-read the statement. but ya Falcons is sort of silly.

Links new Dair animation reminds me of his Adventure of Link (Zelda II) game move :)

Ecks

Smash Lord
Then you lose the cool thing of sideB -> fair :awesome:

otherwise you get Dancing Blade1 -> Dancing Blade2. :p
Good point. But please consider the other too. I just feel like Marth is there, but not really there, y'know. :/

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I like falcon's brawl dash. You know that moment when the opponent is set up for the Knee in midair, and you start dashing towards him and do a leaping jump, then the knee? The run makes it feel like something out of kamen rider.

Also, I want marth's old dancing blade animation back. Especially the third hit down. He points that sword like a BOSS, and it was just another great thing about the move in general.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Evilagram, I agree with every part of that post. Specially the boss part.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Yeah I just checked, ST is right. So yeah, pmbr do consider those three Marth suggestions plz.

moleman915

Smash Apprentice
Did you wake up screaming? And what were the new features? Let me guess, he made it so you can't die, that way everyone wins and no one feels bad, and no one tries to be competative.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I still say we should email the inevitable Project M full launch combo video to Sakurai.

GaretHax

Smash Journeyman
Did you wake up screaming? And what were the new features? Let me guess, he made it so you can't die, that way everyone wins and no one feels bad, and no one tries to be competative.
Even worse. He quit nintendo after realizing he could never create another masterpiece like melee with the current demographic caterings and became a monk. He was quickly replaced by the creater of wario-ware. Smash then consisted of only A-commands. Dodging is now asthetic only and the player always takes damage when an attack lands. There are no boundries, point/coin battles only; and a new item was added, the Blue Shell, It automatically ends up with the person who is trailing in coins/points and lowers the leaders points by half, giving 1/4 to the 2nd place, and the full half to the person in last.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom