• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Even worse. He quit nintendo after realizing he could never create another masterpiece like melee with the current demographic caterings and became a monk. He was quickly replaced by the creater of wario-ware. Smash then consisted of only A-commands. Dodging is now asthetic only and the player always takes damage when an attack lands. There are no boundries, point/coin battles only; and a new item was added, the Blue Shell, It automatically ends up with the person who is trailing in coins/points and lowers the leaders points by half, giving 1/4 to the 2nd place, and the full half to the person in last.
THIS GAME'S WINNER IS...

*que music*

EVERYONE! :):):)

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
There were no new features. In fact, there were no features. It had no versus mode, only a story mode, and that was composed only of menus and cutscenes. As an expansion of SSE's plot without dialogue, Sakurai created a plot without characters. It was just an abstract image with a clear in smooth Smash insignia in the center, and filters were applied to the image overtime, yet the insignia was strangely unaffected, until it ultimately became Sakurai's laughing face. "No, Sakurai, you are the Subspace!"
And then Sakurai was a Giygas.
Then there was some stuff about icecream, I don't remember the rest too well.

I like Project: M, and those who create it.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
How does the Marth vs. Link height thing keep coming up? That's such an oddly specific comparison to make, yet it's been mentioned at least 3 different times.

Besides, the devs already said that they resized everybody to their current heights on purpose.

And then somebody comes in a page later with that P:M vs. Melee picture showing how they're the same heights in both games.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I recently saw this brawl tourney match of mk vs ganon on battlefield. omg chars in brawl are HUGE

i never really saw the size differences until I saw that brawl vid o_O

:phone:

Ecks

Smash Lord
How does the Marth vs. Link height thing keep coming up? That's such an oddly specific comparison to make, yet it's been mentioned at least 3 different times.

Besides, the devs already said that they resized everybody to their current heights on purpose.

And then somebody comes in a page later with that P:M vs. Melee picture showing how they're the same heights in both games.
I know they did it intentionally, I know they're the same hight as well. Not only did I see the pic, I tested it myself. Notice how I said "make him overall bigger". I didn't mention height specifically, mean his body size (which I guess would end up making him taller). Like I said, compare his (Marth) head to any other normal human. Link always comes up because it makes this difference more obvious.

@Monk, that's what happens when you play too much P:M. :p

And for some reason, I can't imagine Sakurai getting mad about this mod. Hopefully he'll say "WTH was I thinking!!! ;_;"

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Silly animations were silly.

Oh, which reminds me. Dedede in Brawl is one of the most defensive characters outside of camping, are you guys planning on keeping him defensive?
I'd like to see this answered as well.

On the topic of D3, I have like a gazillion well thought-out requests that no one feels like responding to. ;_;

Also, if you guys wanna make some sort of P:M montage I'd suggest you use 'Pretender' by the Foo Fighters. Yeah, I know Zhu's melee combo vid already used it, but you could open up with some text on the topic of what if P:M wasn't like other fighting games in the sense of it being well-polished, having constantly updated content, having a balanced cast and so on. At the end you can ask who the viewer is as you quickly pan through slides or recordings of different cast members combo'ing n' stuff. Just thought I'd throw that idea out there.

Oh, and +1 for the old falcon dash. He just looks kinda goofy to me otherwise. Y'all know he deserves better than that.

Slashy

Smash Lord
To be fair, Sakurai had to accommodate the Wii Remote and Nunchuck, I think there are certain issues that Sakurai could be excused from because of the limitations of the Wii Remote. Otherwise the game would have likely required going overboard on the motion controls to accommodate the lack of a second stick and pressure sensitive buttons, or players would have complained that the other control types were objectively better, which could be considered poor game design.

We can excuse Sakurai for controller limitations, things like double stick DI and lightshielding had to go if he was making the game for all controller types, and even if he did gimp the Nunchuck I can't imagine Nintendo letting him gimp the Classic Controller. I can imagine the solo Wii Remote control scheme being Nintendo's idea.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Wiimote is just dumb. I don't think anyone actually uses the wiimote(sideways) for tournaments and have ever placed.

GCC is made for smash. GCC all the way! :bee:

Ecks

Smash Lord
The model sizes in the demo are almost all simply 0.94x Brawl size. It was a temporary blanket adjustment.
Magus'd two days in a row. lol

You know, I can't help blaming the Wii and the direction Ninty wanted to go with it for most of Brawl's failure.

I want to see the day when someone ***** at a tourney using the most technical character (whoever it may end up being) with the nunchuck.

Ecks

Smash Lord
If you want to smash someone with it, then yes, yes it works. :awesome:

Speaking of which, I wonder how many casuals-but-actually-pros (you know the kind I mean!) broke half their room like that lol

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I normally bring Project M to my afterschool game club, but a while ago I didn't. Someone booted up the other Wii with vBrawl, and apparently one guy was dominating everyone with Marth. They had no GC controllers, only Wiichucks.

I proceeded to beat him with a Wiichuck Ganondorf after not playing Brawl for 6 months.

God the people in my area are terrible.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Don't worry, I'm still at work. Can't upload it till 5pm or so.

I'm really happy with how it turned out. I hope you all like it!

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
It fits the title and the action quite well imo. The credits theme is total self-indulgence though :p

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
Okay, but really, how much work has been done on getting all the kinks out of landing detection? Does it work for all the characters yet? Now that the code is actually made, can you gauge how much progress has been made in perfecting it?

shanus

Smash Hero
Okay, but really, how much work has been done on getting all the kinks out of landing detection? Does it work for all the characters yet? Now that the code is actually made, can you gauge how much progress has been made in perfecting it?
There are still lots of bugs. It always worked on everyone.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Really loved the ending with Rob's comeback and Robo's theme. Great job JCz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom