• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonas

Smash Champion
The plot was written by Metroid co-creator Yoshio Sakamoto.
Being the creator of a game doesn't mean you understand it. Look at Brawl lol.

Anyway, Sakamoto just wanted to "try something new." He wanted to focus on characters and plot in a series that's always been about exploration and atmosphere, and it just didn't pay off.
Even if the characterizations had been good and the cutscenes enjoyable to watch, it's still a terrible way to go about making a Metroid game.

I think they stated many times that that name will remain.
That kind of sucks. "Project: M" is a cool name for a work-in-progress but it just doesn't sound like a title >_>
Oh well, I guess the title is one of the least important things about the game.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Meh, so long as it's fun, it could be called "Yackydoodle" for all I care, but Supah Smash Hommies: Respect is my pick (Kidding)

Razzack

Smash Rookie
"Project: M" is a cool name for a work-in-progress but it just doesn't sound like a title >_>
Agreed. It sounds like it's still WIP, which won't be the case forever. I think we should keep the "M" Part, though. It states the purpose of the mod nicely and has become somewhat of an inside-meme anyway.

Xedi

Smash Cadet
OK, some incredibly minor points:

Can you make it so that handicap (i.e. buffer) is automatically enabled when you enter the game?

Why does pressing z while hanging on a ledge do the rolling animation rather than the attack one?

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
We /can/ make it so that buffer is on by default but we won't.

Because Z is interpreted as Shield+A and that goes into the thing of pressing shield does ledge roll.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Meh, buffer is for the weak. That game is not meant to be played with it. I don't support the idea because it would mean handicap is on ON by default and it would make the screen look less good. Buffer's just ther efor people to slowly adapt to zero.

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
Yes, but my patience for your suggestions is. There is no reason to hassle someone to do work for you that you cannot even use, let alone asking someone out of strict goodwill and no pay.
It'd still be good to keep in contact in case something changes. Let him know what's up. But yeah, I agree.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Ecks-That was because I contacted Brawl's announcer back in 2008

Jody Summer, Micaiah, Ridley, Krystal, Isaac, Bowser Jr., and Tails also have announcer calls. You don't think Sakurai planned to have them all playable as well?.
Well I never said anything about the characters. Moving on, is anyone else pissed that none of those characters made the cut? Specially the girls. Damn Sakurai turning brawl into a sausage fest!

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I'm mostly annoyed that there wasn't a new Zelda character. Hell, even Wolf Link would have been better.

But this isn't really the place for this.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Are we getting any blog posts this week? Even shedding some light on some of the (slightly older) ones that haven't gotten much pub would be appreciated.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Well I never said anything about the characters. Moving on, is anyone else pissed that none of those characters made the cut? Specially the girls. Damn Sakurai turning brawl into a sausage fest!
I think the inclusion of Zero Suit Samus (aka Miss Bigbooty Fanservice) makes up for any amount of sausagefesty-ness.

Ecks

Smash Lord
I think the inclusion of Zero Suit Samus (aka Miss Bigbooty Fanservice) makes up for any amount of sausagefesty-ness.
It's still not enough considering Samus has been on smash since 64(it really helps though). I could go on talking about more ninty girls that should have been in, but that would be off topic so I won't.

And btw, I think there should be a new trailer when the patch is released since the first trailer is so outdated it may aswell be removed from youtube.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
Interestingly, at the time of of SSBM, the pikachu could have been male or female. But gender differences were introduced before Brawl, and Sakurai made no change to any of the pikachu costumes. Thus, we lost one possible female character. Very strange that no one has made that vertex yet.
Pichu had no gender differences, so it still could have been female. But it's not in.
All of the new Pokés have a 7/8 chance of being female, so it's unlikely that any of THEM are women.
Mewtwo is a clone, and the mew it was cloned from is mentioned in the Cinnabar logs as having given birth, meaning the mew was female, so as its clone, Mewtwo must be female. So that's another woman down the pipes.
I think Zamus counts as negative, because of how insulting her portrayal is, and the fact Samus was already in.
For what really, REALLY makes me rage, check my sig.

So this makes me wonder, any women on the P:M team?

If a new trailer is made, it needs to specifically include things that were impossible before the patch. And have the song "Whole New World" from Aladdin.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
The only woman in the PMBR that I know of is DynaDash but she is super inactive and has probably been purged.

ST and I could probably get some small clips of landing detection such as ganon's dair through platforms, SHL, SHDF, SH bair waveland, missile canceling(if it is going to be all out and not just demo chars that is), etc.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
The only woman in the PMBR that I know of is DynaDash but she is super inactive and has probably been purged.

ST and I could probably get some small clips of landing detection such as ganon's dair through platforms, SHL, SHDF, SH bair waveland, missile canceling(if it is going to be all out and not just demo chars that is), etc.
I'd like to see Ganondorf dairing through platforms (on BF and YS particularly). The only thing I've seen of it was that gif of him jumping onto Dreamland's platform.

Eccentricities

Smash Rookie
Videos.

I miss playing this game. My Wii is broken and cannot read SD cards, and I also have no controller.

Life is hard.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
Mewtwo is a clone, and the mew it was cloned from is mentioned in the Cinnabar logs as having given birth, meaning the mew was female, so as its clone, Mewtwo must be female.
Um, last I checked Mewtwo and Mew have never had a gender. Even check Serebii, it says genderless under both Mewtwo and Mew.

If a new trailer is made, it needs to specifically include things that were impossible before the patch. And have the song "Whole New World" from Aladdin.
Yes. 10yes.

shanus

Smash Hero
Once I findr the perfect next song I'll see about drafting up our next trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom