• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Yes, that would require Riivolution unless someone could get the File Patch Code to load .brsar files. Also, yes, Fox/Falco shine is the item pickup sound.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
Grabbing characters behind you, reverse ledgegrab range, Wavedash OoS thing, aerial item grab… Always more to do.
But I doubt anything will one-up LD for a while!

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Well, most of the rest of the stuff doesn't really have to change. Minor changes like that between games are pretty normal. If you picked up melee and thought "oh you can't grab from behind anymore" you probably would just go "oh yeah well I guess that makes sense" and not pitch too much of a fit about it.

LD is great work btw.

I'm looking forward mostly to the clone engine now!

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
If it is the same as the item pickup sound, couldn't that be done via moveset editing?
Moveset editing =/= sound effect edits. And no, that'd still require Riivolution or FPC to load .brsar file.

Also, SFP, grabbing from behind is a good thing to have back. It allows marth and other characters to have their old melee grabs and CGs. Such as marth's uthrow CG against FFers and spacies.

EDIT: Things like momentum preservation on techs are something that should be brought back. It makes tech chasing a bit too good without the momentum preservation.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Yeah, ground tech momentum is definitely necessary. You can survive some ridiculous things right now just by DIing down and teching.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
SFP, grabbing from behind is a good thing to have back. It allows marth and other characters to have their old melee grabs and CGs. Such as marth's uthrow CG against FFers and spacies.
ah ha! So thats why my CG's have been ****ing up lol. I was convinced it was me.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
You can grab items in the air, you just can't do it like Melee did, by hitting Z only(or could you also do it with A...?)
You could only by hitting Z or Air dodging and pressing A immediately.

btw, I hope grabbing items with aerials will be taken out, I really hate that ****. I can't bomb jump by dairing my bomb :C

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I thought Melee Reflector = Brawl Pickup sound

I can't tell the difference.
It is using that sound. There is a slight difference in the item pickup noise in brawl and the shine noise in melee. It's just something that some people would like to be brought back. We tried matching some melee SFX already using what brawl had such as ganon's bair, Fox/Falco shine, Falco dair, etc.

Slashy

Smash Lord
Can't you use the Custom Sound Engine for all that though?

Not to mention I have a far more epic sound effect I'm looking to "get".

StriCNYN3

Smash Journeyman
I've been out of the loop of Pm for a long time, but glad to hear that LD was fixed. Magus is too good =)

I asked this a long time ago, but since some major breakthrough's were happening recently, I just wanted to know if things like Light-Shielding returned? If not, are there any substitutes that can allow people to drop through platforms I.E Isai Drop and other uses like "Math Killer's"? Trying to help explain the goal here to an EXTREMELY stubborn (lol) Melee vet.

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
How about we include the old sound effects as an optional thing? I think we ought to keep the SD card data load to a minimum. It means shorter download times for everyone wanting to try this out (remember, making it easier to get ahold of and use means easier adoption), and it means that nobody can accuse us of arbitrary nostalgia-vision.

The option is there for people who want that type of thing, and it's not harming anyone who doesn't want it.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Light Shielding has not been brought back. Currently in the demo, you have Light Presses which are the same mechanic as melee's light shield, except the shield doesn't grow to that level like melee's, it remains the same as if you shielded normally.

I am not on par with those terms of Isai Dropping and Math Killer's. Can someone inform on these?

Krautrock

Smash Apprentice
I really hope the team doesn't focus too much on completely trivial aesthetic adjustments. I'm obviously in the minority here, but I actually want to retain Brawl FX - with the possible exception of Marth's pathetic sounding slashes. Melee FX are not "better", they're just different. There's a difference between restoring what Melee actually did better and blind aping.

I've heard before that FX changes will be optional. I hope it stays that way. In any case, I sure hope the patch won't be delayed for such inconsequential things.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Aesthetic changes are not going to be in the patch such as SFX edits. Only bug fixes, Hyrule Castle 64, and gameplay mechanic edits such as melee DI, Double Stick DI, Landing Detection, etc.

BinAly

Smash Apprentice
Mates, does anyone have a video of someone managing to tech at the side of the edge, escaping Falco's Dair, for example?

I've been trying to do it on the DEMO, but I'm unable. Probably it is due to some DI differences, but still someone told me it was possible.

BinAly

Smash Apprentice
That would be ledgeteching which is currently not possible in the public demo.
Oh, that's it then. I guess SDI plays a huge role on being able to ledge-teching. Did you guys manage to do it with the new DI implemented?

Rikana

Smash Champion
I thought SDI is needed in order to ledge tech. I don't think double stick DI will help with that.

Ecks

Smash Lord
I use that on Battlefield, just search for it, there's a brstm around somewhere.
Actually I made my own brstm the day I saw it in the NG front page. I use it for midair stadium and the actual target test. :D

I already said this but I'll say it again. That patch will completely own the initial release.

I'm convinced you guys can do anything with this game. lol

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I thought SDI is needed in order to ledge tech. I don't think double stick DI will help with that.
DSDI does help; the C-Stick being held in a direction performs 1 frame of Auto Smash DI.

shanus

Smash Hero
Basically everyone here is wrong.

The reason you cannot ledgetech in brawl is that during SDI you cannot trigger a wall collision. Think of this as almost an orthogonal analog to CCing, but thats a bit of a stretch.

BinAly

Smash Apprentice
The reason you cannot ledgetech in brawl is that during SDI you cannot trigger a wall collision. Think of this as almost an orthogonal analog to CCing, but thats a bit of a stretch.
I guess this means that Spikes are much more powerful in P:M than in Melee, but I don't think it isn't fixable, since LD and other things seemed much more complicated to fix.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
You know, I really expected you guys to fix FREAKING LEDGE DURATIONS before landing detection. It seems like 10 times simpler yet it appears to be 10 times more difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom