• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman

Click for full view

Related to all the silly troll arguments.

Thing is, using the power of persuasion correctly, it is possible to come to an agreement with anyone. If they ever had a love for melee, like many of our trolls do, they will support our goal.

Slashy

Smash Lord
^Why I needed to stop my obnoxious amount of advertising

Those silly games people can still be converted over....or at least to Brawl-

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
>need to stop advertising
>trying to convert people to Brawl-
:troll:

Also, Evilagram, nice picture but could you rewrite some of the text? It's a bit hard to read.

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
The file has been edited with bigger text where I thought it was necessary, reload your cache to see it. My handwriting sucks.

Also, maybe the Brawl- community can absorb the silly simple players, and the P:M community can absorb the competitive players?

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
Heh, it's only average. I'm trying to get better at cartooning. I'm trying to develop some simpler symbols so that I can step it up with my more realistic artwork.

Still, just trying to make a point. A lot is truly possible with just keeping your cool and trying to reason with people. Remember, the key to persuasion is not to prove the other person wrong, it is to lead them to conclude that your views are right of their own accord.

Easiest persuasion method ever, just ask leading questions. Ask questions that make your opposition doubt what they are doing, and lead them to the conclusions you want them to be lead to. It's effective, because they are the one supplying the answer, so they are doing your job of proving themselves wrong for you.

Oh, and I'm totally willing to help out with art resources if you guys need it. DA gallery is here so you can see a sample of my work: http://agrimvale.deviantart.com/

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Wow, I study for midterms for two days and come back and find out all these changes that I am so confused now. :p

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
Did anyone else just get a whole new smashboards look?
From reloading just now. Quite terrifying at first, since Friday Worlds Forums is still fresh on my mind.

Thing is, using the power of persuasion correctly, it is possible to come to an agreement with anyone.
If this were true, it should be possible to convince me that this is true.

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
If this were true, it should be possible to convince me that this is true.
I said come to an agreement with anyone, not convince anyone of anything. Read the comic, the character comes to an agreement with the skeptical people in both endings, but that does not mean they are convinced.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
I just realized that with LD, people like ganon will be able to spike folks under the stage on places like Delfino.

I'm a happy man. ;_;

By the way, how's Luigi shaping up? I know he was one of the lower tiered characters in melee, so I'd assume y'all are buffing him in some way.

To clarify, I'm not asking about obvious melee reverts, like the fair chop. Just new aspects of the character.

iLink

Smash Champion
What's the frame data on Lucario's roll compared to the rest of the cast? It made me cringe a little looking at how slow it is compared to before.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
Forgive me if I'm wrong... but did I just see Yoshi's attacks hitting people out of their eggs in the stream?

If that;s how egg lay works now, then Yoshi is a monster.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
That actually sounds like an awesome idea for Egg Lay. If that turns out to be an awesome buff to Yoshi, I really hope it stays in.

Crispy4001

Smash Ace

Click for full view

Related to all the silly troll arguments.

Thing is, using the power of persuasion correctly, it is possible to come to an agreement with anyone. If they ever had a love for melee, like many of our trolls do, they will support our goal.
The big problem I have with that image is that both are often one in the same. Most of the trolls troll because they have a different mindset, are unwilling to reason and because they intend disrespect. The latter-most being the most characteristic, and the most damning to whatever counter argument/'persuasion point' you try to make. They're not going to give a ****.

Those are the cases where even the best attempts at persuasion will fail.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Wow. Forum change.. uhh. I like the old one better. Gonna see if I can switch it back. Its more simplistic and easier to read.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
What's the frame data on Lucario's roll compared to the rest of the cast? It made me cringe a little looking at how slow it is compared to before.
I couldn't handle playing Lucario after a while because of his roll speed. It felt worse than Samus's. :[

Then again, in Melee I shouldn't be rolling so much, so I just needed to learn how to be offensive with Lucario, probably.
-DD

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Stop trying to be funny with your terrible song choices.

And Smash Blue > other skins.
you have an odd sense of humor??? I'm slightly confused by it.

anyways I'm 100% serious. Thats perfect for the project M intro. In fact I think we should change the name to Project Weeho. Thats just my opinion though.

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
The big problem I have with that image is that both are often one in the same. Most of the trolls troll because they have a different mindset, are unwilling to reason and because they intend disrespect. The latter-most being the most characteristic, and the most damning to whatever counter argument/'persuasion point' you try to make. They're not going to give a ****.

Those are the cases where even the best attempts at persuasion will fail.
A lot of the so called "trolls" are really just people that are fed up with the smash community or something else like that, not actually disinterested in smash. They can be reasoned with so long as they reply.

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
A lot of the so called "trolls" are really just people that are fed up with the smash community or something else like that, not actually disinterested in smash.
They're fed up with the logic we (and others) give for Melee being better, first and foremost.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Never mind It

Anyways fun fact. I was Infracted for 5 posts in this thread last year....I'm gonna miss 2010.

Something else just hit me for some reason. Another Plus in the favor of Project M > Regular M. Tournaments.

What I mean is a do to replay save. Every match can be recorded and even commentated on if you comment on a video after it's been recorded but it will make running every tournament a whole lot easier and you wont have to worry about delay's as a result of recording or people who are trying to run setups and play tournament at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom