• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zef

Smash Ace
/rage
i was consistently doing shdl w/ fox in p:m and i cant even do it on melee LOL
i was gonna record but as soon as i hit that button i couldnt do it anymore

Lolo_knight

Smash Apprentice
Sorry 2day was a day full of posts and (sorry its my opinion) meaningless discussion with some guy about jumps and what not physics of melee, and I myself DONT care about what that guy was whining about, so if you dont mind I ask, has the patch been released yet?.

TLTR: patch? ready? hugs? (>^.^)>

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
No it doesn't work, go grab NeoGamma or Configurable USB Loader. Can't discuss much more than those two names here though, sorry.
Talk to me on aim/msn please.

I can't use neogamma because my dvd drive is broken, plus if it wasn't broken, i would just be using my retail copy of brawl anyways.

Lolo_knight

Smash Apprentice
Thanks monk.

I wanted to tell you guys, I read that some random crashes happen when you r on training mode, i dunno if its that I use CFG loader but i have had non, not even when messing with the timmer items. <- not very important but i didnt want to just reply "thanks" =]

bmullins123

Smash Journeyman
when is this game getting released to the public this year or next year?

I wonder if they will make new characters in this game?

How would they ship it and get a notice around the world?

ajajayjay

Smash Journeyman

Having followed this thread, likely next year. And I would hope they would not spend time making characters beyond roy and mewtwo, as that sounds like it would eat up a lot of time and I just want to play the full game =)

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
did I see a pic of peach's castle 64 on the temporary site?
That was in a early version of PM and is not in the stage list anymore.
Thanks monk.

I wanted to tell you guys, I read that some random crashes happen when you r on training mode, i dunno if its that I use CFG loader but i have had non, not even when messing with the timmer items. <- not very important but i didnt want to just reply "thanks" =]
Probably due to CSS code.
will someone with aim and or msn walk me through launching project m through cfg usb launcher?
Go to the Project M IRC for help with this.
The demo was released a week or more so ago. There is no date on when the full version will be released.

That would be the Clone Engine, and there is no comment on that at this time.

How would they ship it and get a notice around the world?
We already have Project M topics on other forums to spread information. Shipping/selling the game would be illegal.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
.....and your grandchildren will tell their grandchildren about Project M

EDIT: lol have u guys really been that busy working on P:M that you loose sense of time? xD
that's 2 PMBRs saying its been about a week from demo release when its actually 3-4 days away from being a month (4 weeks)

bmullins123

Smash Journeyman
How will the game be free and how would you download it to your wii?

Is the game just a remake of melee or is it more complex and has better graphics?

And thank you guys for answering my questions it really helps.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
How will the game be free and how would you download it to your wii?
It is already free. You download it by clicking the download link in the first post of the topic.

Is the game just a remake of melee or is it more complex and has better graphics?
As stated from the OP.

Project M OP said:
What is Project M?
Project M is a spin off of Brawl+ inspired by Super Smash Bros. Melee's gameplay designed to add rich, technical gameplay to a balanced cast of characters while additionally enhancing the speed of play. Project M employs new codes which seamlessly add in new, universal features to the entire cast to add technical variety to all characters.

What is the goal of Project M?
Project M hopes to achieve a game similar to Super Smash Bros. Melee in many respects. It does not, however, intend to be a 1:1 Melee clone. The following is a list of the main aspects of Super Smash Bros. Melee that inspired and have carried over into Project M:
1) A fast-paced game
2) with flowing, organic movement
3) where the player has a great degree of control over his character due to the technical skill that he's achieved.
4) The balance of offense and defense changes depending on the exact matchup and playstyle, but overall tends to favor offense slightly.
5) Offstage edgeguarding is risky but rewarding, while on-stage edgeguarding is safer but less rewarding due to ledge techs.
6) Recoveries generally require great skill to use, with the advantage usually being with the edgeguarding player, with some exceptions.
7) The combos are challenging and spontaneous, with anything longer than 2-3 hits requiring a knowledge of both characters' options and some degree of prediction and/or a deep understanding of the mental aspect of the game.

In short, Project M aims to capture the essence of what made Melee a truly great game in our eyes.
And thank you guys for answering my questions it really helps.
No problem.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
omg. That's like waiting a whole day -__- the hype thread will flood us all.

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I'm pretty glad with how this game is working out but I have a very small general request.

Is it possible to make a code so that the C-stick can have a secondary function? Like right now it can act for instant smashes but is it possible so that if you hold down the Special button and use the Cstick, it'll act as a B-stick? Or if you hold down the attack button and use the cstick, it becomes a tilt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom