• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
You know typically characters aren't as threatening when you've grabbed them. I don't think this is exactly a Sonic exclusive detail.

Just saying.
Because it seriously reduces his ability to abuse his B moves. Sonic is a close ranged fighter that mostly has approach moves. So to beat him, you need timing. Once you get a good timing, he's noi much more powerful than say... Mario.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
Ahhhh....this feels so great when played with melee-loving friends :). Any news on Mewtwo2000 work on FoD? I've noticed that the fountain is taller and (slimmer?). Anyways, the game in general feels fantastic, thanks for the demo guys.
Another thing, I thought Kirby was done, all he was missing was Lucas's hat wasn't it?

leelue

Smash Lord
by the way, in response to the comment saying sonic has good vertical recovery, if you start charging your down b and hit up on the c stick, sonic flies towards the stage. So long as you have your double jump, this works.
Sonic has both good vertical and horizontal recovery.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
We did a ProjectM demo crew battle today at our meetup, was pretty fun, Cept a huge majority played falco cause he's ****. but it was fun. You guys are doing an amazing job!

Kati

Smash Lord
Just had 5 friends over, all casual players. They liked it quite a bit as we played for a good 7 hours. Most notably, Lucas, Mario, and Link are very well done. I myself like Falcon, as I found he was a little too overpowered in Brawl+.

Congrats on appealing to both crowds!

The sss still bugs me though. I feel we could be getting quite a few more stages.

abcool

Smash Ace
I played this yesterday with some hardcore melee players. You know how they go, mixed feelings mostly. He chose to only go fox and try some tricks EXACTLY like how he does it in melee and failed epically. I think his biggest gripe was fox's falling speed. He said he falls to fast and i think brawl DI was pissing him off ALOT. I also believe stage spikes happen alot earlier in this game aswell. Overall, i like it. Most of us did, but he was kinda hating on it in the end. He said he wants peach or pika lol..He should have tried zelda, but ya know there mindset on *she da low tier errrr*

Question, does all the characters have the same wavedash length or are we just doing perfect wavedashes and it looks that way?

Vigilante

Smash Lord
It's similar. Not quite Melee yet.

As for the friend rants, you might want to tell them that this is a demo and landing detection and directional influence are being worked on for the final release. The falling speed increase is an illusion. They just land on their feet rather than shins. Also, it takes a few games, but they can all be used at almost the same proficiency. Fox included.

jalued

Smash Lord
i just refuse to play fox, marth and falco untill LD and DI are fixed. Don't want to damage my melee timing and combos. All the other characters play like a dream though :)

jalued

Smash Lord
LD isn't going to ruin your Fox, Jalued, unless you play with literally frame perfect precision.
no, i know that, but he doesnt feel exactly the same, and his combos are different due to DI. its more that playing him in PM is a little disapointing, and i would prefere to use snake or lucas instead :) Cant wait till the final release

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I'm actually enjoying Falco quite a bit. Just have to learn how to JC shine a hell of a lot better. Did some nasty stuff with boost pivoting.

Doc's fireball man. Eats misspaced sh's for breakfast. This game has rekindled interest in my more casual group in Melee. Every character is fun, teams are fun, FFA's, everything.

Hell of a job!

(side note, is the patch out or is it still being worked on?)

jalued

Smash Lord
I'm actually enjoying Falco quite a bit. Just have to learn how to JC shine a hell of a lot better. Did some nasty stuff with boost pivoting.

Doc's fireball man. Eats misspaced sh's for breakfast. This game has rekindled interest in my more casual group in Melee. Every character is fun, teams are fun, FFA's, everything.

Hell of a job!

(side note, is the patch out or is it still being worked on?)
it just seems that everything is easier in PM, the wavedashing, the waveshining (i can even do it with falco consistantly), which just makes me feel there must be a catch when i go back to melee. Thats all. Im happy to just enjoy the boosted low tiers and brawl characters than play basic melee matchups (fox v marth etc)

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Keep in mind that I have never played a (Melee) space animal until just now. I also have really only just started playing Melee as of, idk, two weekends ago?

****, in Melee I main Ganondorf. Give me a break, lol.

abcool

Smash Ace
My friend is a peach main and only plays fox to be all techy...i can't explain it. He was dying hella fast at like low percents lol, usually he di's everything..said he realised all he had to do was hold towards the stage and he didn't die and he hated that because of *Insert brawl to easy rant/hate* I on the other hand can use fox with ease. He kinda needs his own style with fox and just not play so random with him and techy, maybe that would have helped. He sometimes uses jiggs aswell and didn't like her in P:M..whatever, it's his problem.

Another question. How strong is CC in this game is it exactly like melee or you guys changed it to be different?

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
it just seems that everything is easier in PM, the wavedashing, the waveshining (i can even do it with falco consistantly), which just makes me feel there must be a catch when i go back to melee. Thats all. Im happy to just enjoy the boosted low tiers and brawl characters than play basic melee matchups (fox v marth etc)
Wavedashing, wavelanding, and waveshining all feel easier due to the GC light press code. You don't have to hit the R or L button all the way to do the wavedash action.

Pimpfish

Smash Journeyman
me and my cousin must have played PM for 5 hours last night. it was so fun we loved everybit.
also, when you record videos on pm and watch them in brawl its all messed up, and its lawlers.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Just to let you guys know, landing detection in melee is dynamic, while landing detection in brawl is static.

Fox reaches the ground 1 frame earlier in P:M during an empty jump, but during something like a nair or uair the difference would likely be larger (since in melee the landing point would be different for said moves, but in brawl the landing point is the same).

Ace55

Smash Lord
I don't understand why you guys used a slightly altered sheik dthrow instead of using the pal version. Actually I do understand why, sheik loses her guaranteed setups on 90% of the cast. It's a slippery slope though when you say: all top tiers will be recreated but you then change one aspect of a character, what's next?

Otherwise, keep up the good work!

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I don't understand why you guys used a slightly altered sheik dthrow instead of using the pal version. Actually I do understand why, sheik loses her guaranteed setups on 90% of the cast. It's a slippery slope though when you say: all top tiers will be recreated but you then change one aspect of a character, what's next?
It was a minor nerf to a move that single-handedly could put most of the cast in low-tier. Not to mention Sheik got wall-cling and crawling out of it.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
Melee Air Dodge - Brawl Air Dodge, after being given a chance in Project M (via Hybrid Air Dodge), simply didn't fit, and as in vBrawl, it put an emphasis on defensive playstyles and offered little in terms of competitive depth. Thus, Melee Air Dodge was adopted in its entirety. Directional Air Dodge based on analog stick input, stationary Air Dodge when there isn't a directional input, character goes into special fall afterward. Along with the Melee Air Dodge comes the infamous Wavedashing Advanced Technique, a universal spacing tool that adds options to a player's gameplay and adds depth. As a result of Melee Air Dodge in the Project M environment, a new Advanced Technique called Aerial Glide Tossing is possible.​

As you guys are not going with a hybrid air dodge could I please have to brawl hack code for hybrid air dodge? I wish to use it for reasons of my own.​

Revven

FrankerZ

As you guys are not going with a hybrid air dodge could I please have to brawl hack code for hybrid air dodge? I wish to use it for reasons of my own.
The hybrid air dodge code that is out there is not a good idea to use with Project M. We have decided a long time ago not to go with HAD after much testing with it.

ajajayjay

Smash Journeyman
what were the official changes made to mario? he feels way more competitive, but all i can put my finger on is his better recovery and fireballs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom