• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanus

Smash Hero
My HAD code I wrote is also tremendously outdated as compared to current MAD, and still required animation edits to everyones specialfall landlag to look normal. Also, it requires you to remove the action overrides for ness, lucas, and yoshi. So overall, no, no HAD for you!

jalued

Smash Lord
just introduced PM to some melee mates and they didnt like it. They seemed to be very ****ing close minded about it all...

anyway, main complaints from them (apart from LD and DI) was that momentum of characters isnt the same as melee, and that IASA frames are all "apparently" different for sheik etc

oh and you were very very wrong grim, i went back to playing melee after playing PM, and i was crap! all my tech skill has gone, because of the LD, plus things such as dash dancing with fox was all different timing as well, as well as all his IASA's.

shanus

Smash Hero
lol, people refuse to believe that the data is direct rips, its pretty amazing at times

Revven

FrankerZ
Of course the IASAs are all the same, frame data includes everything not just hitbox timings but IASAs too!

And 5 matches definitely isn't enough to give the game a chance to adjust to.

shanus

Smash Hero
then why are they moaning that its all different? does it all come down to LD?
it's not even that big of a change for someone like sheik. It's really them groaning for the sake of groaning lol

melee purists are hard to convert

Revven

FrankerZ
Why do you think they're moaning it's all different? If they were closed minded to begin with they're going to find something to complain about and if it doesn't feel right to them they're going to blame it on frame data even though the frame data is directly ripped from Melee. It's hard for some Melee players to accept the fact that we have matched everything to a T (with the exception of LD interfering of course).

Ignorance is bliss.

jalued

Smash Lord
it's not even that big of a change for someone like sheik. It's really them groaning for the sake of groaning lol

melee purists are hard to convert
especially if they bury you into the ground cause of it, i felt like an ant after they slated it :(

after i played PM for a few days i tried melee today, and everything felt clunkey, and my movements were slow and all tech skill (even wavedashing with fox) had gone out the window. Is that due to LD?

Revven

FrankerZ
is it possible that because of LD, you leave the ground slightly later, so all IASA's are relatively different? That could explain alot

plus because u leave later, you feel that momentum is different cause you go slightly futher than you would in melee
There was a time for awhile where gravity didn't apply on the same frame for Melee characters in PM but Magus fixed all of that for the demo and now jump heights match (which is why a lot of things like Falco's SHL feel better than they did months ago or why you're able to SHDF with Marth consistently whereas before it was quite difficult).

People really don't realize how much an impact LD makes because Melee's is dynamic while Brawl's is static. But yes it only affects when you land.

shanus

Smash Hero
It takes like literally 1-2 matches to adjust back to melee timing. Anyone who really says otherwise I think is kind of silly.

It's like: Airtimes & momentum are just about identical aside from1-2 fr subtleties, iasas, hitbox locations, knockbacks are identical, etc. Unless you are an absolutely technical beast, your inputs will basically be identical aside from your L-cancel timing (and like SHL timing, etc).

So yeah...

jalued

Smash Lord
It takes like literally 1-2 matches to adjust back to melee timing. Anyone who really says otherwise I think is kind of silly.

It's like: Airtimes & momentum are just about identical aside from1-2 fr subtleties, iasas, hitbox locations, knockbacks are identical, etc. Unless you are an absolutely technical beast, your inputs will basically be identical aside from your L-cancel timing (and like SHL timing, etc).

So yeah...
thanks for the verification. I guess if LD is ever fixed, that momentum and airtimes could be tightened slightly to accomodate. Hope for breakthroughs soon

i personally think PM is doing a great job already

He means that the place where you land in Melee is always the same (at their shins), in Brawl, it changes depends on what you are doing (aerials, air dodge, etc...)
that explains alot, thanks

leelue

Smash Lord
@ ajajajajay

Mario isn't a character I'm completely familiar with. However, I can tell you that a bunch of attacks are stronger (front smash, up smash, the start of forward air, etc), as well as other random but much needed improvements, like his Forward air not lagging as much, and his down B reaching much higher.

@ the guy with the melee player friends
Resisting change is human nature. It goes back to our roots, as in "if I eat berry A I don't die, let me not eat berry B." A lot of us resist this urge in some ways or more, and these people are generally referred to as open minded. I call them Highly evolved.
So in short, your friends have monkey brains. I apologize.

@ jalued
imagine a sex kick. In melee, you land when your body lands. In brawl, you land at a fixed point away from your character no matter what you are doing. Fandango was a tad off in his description.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
He means that the place where you land in Melee is always the same (at their shins), in Brawl, it changes depends on what you are doing (aerials, air dodge, etc...)
I thought it was the other way around.

I'm pretty sure that Brawl it was tied to a bone below the character (typically at their feet, but sometimes lower) and Melee had it at their shins, and it was dynamic due to it waiting for the shin contact, wherever they were.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
My HAD code I wrote is also tremendously outdated as compared to current MAD, and still required animation edits to everyones specialfall landlag to look normal. Also, it requires you to remove the action overrides for ness, lucas, and yoshi. So overall, no, no HAD for you!
Oh, no hybrid air dodge, well darn, there goes that plan. Thanks anyway.

The Phenom

Smash Lord
I'm just coming in and saying thanks for releasing a demo of project M. Thanks Project M team developers!

Final product will be a blast for sure!!!

Edit: hehe, almost got a nine on my posting time =P
---------
CLASS 0F 2009!!!

Kati

Smash Lord
yea because 33 stages is not enough stages for a demo
Maybe if this had been... oh... the first brawl mod in existence, then yes, I would concede to your sarcasm.

but wait.

oh right.

Hm.

I had just finished compiling a slew of neutral versions of stages as well as using Dant's alternate stage loader to pack in several stages to one icon.

I am not even asking for stages you guys made. Take your time with castlevania and everything else. But norfair's various mods and big blue+ can be just as enjoyable as the original temple ( I would like to add that the new compressed temple is very smooth).

Ah, but everyone is afraid of the worst possible reaction due to leaks in the past... well then continue.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Maybe if this had been... oh... the first brawl mod in existence, then yes, I would concede to your sarcasm.

but wait.

oh right.

Hm.

I had just finished compiling a slew of neutral versions of stages as well as using Dant's alternate stage loader to pack in several stages to one icon.

I am not even asking for stages you guys made. Take your time with castlevania and everything else. But norfair's various mods and big blue+ can be just as enjoyable as the original temple ( I would like to add that the new compressed temple is very smooth).

Ah, but everyone is afraid of the worst possible reaction due to leaks in the past... well then continue.
Because this is a demo. If they had everything in the game at once, they it wouldn't be a "demo" so much as an almost "full version".

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
It's actually mostly just to make the SSS look pretty (in addition to not wanting to include stages that we're currently working on or will most likely replace).

The "possibly tournament viable" stages are on the first page and the "lulzy cool stages" are on the second page. However, the second page has a limited number of slots because we're not using the stage expansion code (also the reason that you don't see New Pork City and the like, as they are stages that we've replaced), so we just tried to pick a good mix of stages for that page. The full version will have all of the brawl stages in addition to our new stages

GreatFalco

Smash Apprentice
Snake is love. Really.

I have a question regarding his DownB. Sometimes, when I try to plant a C4 on an enemy, Snake initializes the animation but then he stops and doesn't even release a C4 anywhere.

I guess this is happening when the enemy is moving fast and gets out of range or something, but I wanna hear the explanation.

Edit: @GPDP: no problem ; )

GPDP

Smash Ace
Snake is love. Really.

I have a question regarding his DownB. Sometimes, when I try to plant a C4 on an enemy, Snake initializes the animation but then he stops and doesn't even release a C4 anywhere.

I guess this is happening when the enemy is moving fast and gets out of range or something, but I wanna hear the explanation.
It's a fake-out, and it's intentional. To actually detonate the mine, you need to let go of Down. To fake the detonation, keep pressing Down.

Edit: Sorry, I misread the comment. You're talking about planting the mine on an enemy. My bad.

Revven

FrankerZ
Snake is love. Really.

Edit: @GPDP: no problem ; )
Previously there was a glitch for many months with the C4 when we removed its transferrability that made it so in teams if you stuck it on someone that C4 wasn't actually stuck onto that person. When you would down B it would explode a different player rather than the one you stuck. This also affected free for alls as well, so to remedy this we looked towards a different solution. Turns out there was something else that could be nopped instead to get rid of the transferrability that didn't cause the teams bug.

However, a couple weeks after porting everything from Snake's previous pac onto the new one with this fix in it someone discovered what you're experiencing. And basically what's happening is that instead of the C4 dropping down to the floor because you missed, it just disappears. This only happens when you're trying to stick a person while they are in the air and you are in the air. Otherwise, it never seems to happen when Snake is grounded and the opponent is on the ground. It's not that big of a glitch because really all that would happen is the C4 would fall to the ground and be stuck there instead, now it just disappears as though you really did miss.

Not sure if we'll be able to fix that (I don't find it to be that big of a problem, especially when you consider the OTHER glitch we had for months), you'll have to deal with it. It only happens when you miss though so be more precise when you're trying to stick someone in the air.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Erm... why purposely exclude finished things for a demo, hotdog? It's not like this is a retail game that needs to build up hype for people to buy it.
But a demo of a game is supposed to be a portion of the full product. And the devs said that they want to jump from the demo to the full thing when it's finished. If they add too much stuff to the demo, then they're basically giving us the full thing early, which either:
a) leaves too small of a difference between the demo and the full thing, or
b) leads to a situation like Brawl+ where they're constantly adding finished things to the demo instead of making major large-scale releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom