• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hemisphere

Smash Cadet
I'm unsure if this has been mentioned, but what happened to the electricity on Mario's F-Smash? It seems to be gone in the demo.

Also, I find myself unable to moonwalk in the demo with a very old Gamecube controller (7 years and the Up and Down on the joystick don't function very well), although, in melee I can moonwalk perfectly. I can moonwalk with a wii nunchuk and a gc in better condition, but it sucks that I can't with my crappy controller (i'm not willing to buy or use a new one to damage) in the demo, but I can in melee. So i was just wondering what the reason behind this is?

Takao9411

Smash Apprentice
Is there a reason that if you grab Fox with Falco and do a down throw he ends up laying on the floor? In Melee, Fox would end up standing iirc.
Also, is the rolling-edge-guard-thing where the game counts you as on the edge during the roll going to return?

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Is there a reason that if you grab Fox with Falco and do a down throw he ends up laying on the floor? In Melee, Fox would end up standing iirc.
Also, is the rolling-edge-guard-thing where the game counts you as on the edge during the roll going to return?
Down throw for fox and falco are exactly like they are in melee.

Ledge occupancy has not been edited.

Takao9411

Smash Apprentice
That was a "glitch" in Melee 1.0 and didn't happen in 1.1 or 1.2. We have no plans to rectify that.
Oh, well then, alright.
Also, there's a glitch with Marth (as far as I know) where if you Dolphin Slash towards the ledge of the stage from a specific spot, Marth grabs the edge, automatically gets on and slides across the stage, like Samus' SWD. Not sure if you guys knew/addressed that already.

Revven

FrankerZ
Oh, well then, alright.
Also, there's a glitch with Marth (as far as I know) where if you Dolphin Slash towards the ledge of the stage from a specific spot, Marth grabs the edge, automatically gets on and slides across the stage, like Samus' SWD. Not sure if you guys knew/addressed that already.
Known and will be fixed in the next patch.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
It's actually mostly just to make the SSS look pretty (in addition to not wanting to include stages that we're currently working on or will most likely replace).

The "possibly tournament viable" stages are on the first page and the "lulzy cool stages" are on the second page. However, the second page has a limited number of slots because we're not using the stage expansion code (also the reason that you don't see New Pork City and the like, as they are stages that we've replaced), so we just tried to pick a good mix of stages for that page. The full version will have all of the brawl stages in addition to our new stages
correct me if im wrong but that limited number of slots is a number somewhere upwards of 35...

Revven

FrankerZ
It's the second page I was talking about maestro and we;'re not using the SEC because it's a demo... and we don't have the need for it (not done with stages)

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Okay, I know UtiliMario gave me a trolly answer a few pages back, but this is a genuine concern of mine...

Being able to standing grab someone behind you - WHY do we want this back in? Same with ledge occupancy, these both seem like things that we should keep removed... I think you "fixed" them by not putting them in, intentional or not.

Okay, I know UtiliMario gave me a trolly answer a few pages back, but this is a genuine concern of mine...

Being able to standing grab someone behind you - WHY do we want this back in? Same with ledge occupancy, these both seem like things that we should keep removed... I think you "fixed" them by not putting them in, intentional or not.
Simply because they were in Melee, and contributed a great deal to the metagame. Whether or not it makes sense is completely irrelevant.

Allin

Smash Journeyman

Something tells me you play brawl? Anywho they want the game to be like melee 2 not Brawl+ or its own spawn of a game

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
I used to miss ledge occupancy, but even since playing the demo, I believe the ledge game is more intense without it. Either way the development team goes on this issue doesn't bother me.

As for grabbing someone behind me, it did tick me off whenever someone techrolled behind me and I missed them because my timing was accustomed to Melee's, but it did eventually force me into anticipating landings better.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Something tells me you play brawl? Anywho they want the game to be like melee 2 not Brawl+ or its own spawn of a game
Ironically, I'm a Melee purist - That doesn't mean it's perfect, though. Melee had plenty of flaws that I was hoping this would improve, too. Those two (and true spikes, but I know I'll never win that fight) being my biggest offenders.

I mean, I trust the guys programming this - I know their goal (be it Melee 2, Own Game, Whatevs) is to make the best iteration of Smash possible, and I'm behind them all the way on that. I feel "We're putting it in because it was in Melee, and that's that" is a flawed logic to proceed with. Don't get me wrong - I loved Melee, but if I wanted to play that again... I'd play it again...

Project M is getting hella hype. This is your chance to fix the mistakes Melee made.

Allin

Smash Journeyman
Ironically, I'm a Melee purist - That doesn't mean it's perfect, though. Melee had plenty of flaws that I was hoping this would improve, too. Those two (and true spikes, but I know I'll never win that fight) being my biggest offenders.

I mean, I trust the guys programming this - I know their goal (be it Melee 2, Own Game, Whatevs) is to make the best iteration of Smash possible, and I'm behind them all the way on that. I feel "We're putting it in because it was in Melee, and that's that" is a flawed logic to proceed with. Don't get me wrong - I loved Melee, but if I wanted to play that again... I'd play it again...

Project M is getting hella hype. This is your chance to fix the mistakes Melee made.
They're not ganna change the things that made melee melee that would be making an entirly different game the only goal here (Unless im wrong) is to balance the brawl cast and make the game melee with more characters, changing things like ledge occupancy would change the entire game since it made up a huge part of the metagame of melee

Scufo

Smash Apprentice

I can agree with this, but the problem is, in the post-Brawl era, many Melee players have become very conservative, viewing any deviation from the "perfection" of Melee to be a negative. For publicity, it may be best to emulate Melee as closely as possible with regards to mechanics.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
I can agree with this, but the problem is, in the post-Brawl era, many Melee players have become very conservative, viewing any deviation from the "perfection" of Melee to be a negative. For publicity, it may be best to emulate Melee as closely as possible with regards to mechanics.
So having a more Melee-esque game because it'll make the Melee players happy trumps having what could be a genuinely better game?

I mean, I know the programmers are Melee lovers (and again, so am I - I love this project because I've held on to Melee for so long), so they'll probably stick with trying to make the game familiar. I just wish they'd show the logic behind the decision beyond "It was in Melee so its gud."

EDIT: Also, though I'd love to see these things changed (or rather, unchanged from the demo), these guys still have my full support. This is already shaping up to be more fun for me than Melee currently is, with or without some of its old brokenness.

Revven

FrankerZ
There are things that are gonna come back that won't be the same, like Meteor Canceling being a 16 frame window instead of an 8 frame window and whenever we can change ledge occupancy we want it to be somewhere in the middle, between Melee and Brawl, not as ridiculous as Melee. But there are instances where it needs to be the same in order for things to work the same (Marth's Uthrow CG).

hotdogturtle

Smash Master

So you can do stuff like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClTiHce36mg

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
looks like you're using Widescreen or something and converted it to 4:3 for Youtube? the stages look ****ed up as far as horizontal size go.

additionally, as far as grabbing people who are "behind" you: the problem is, right now, a grab box can collide with a character and not grab them. Falco400 seems to be bad at addressing things, but that's the issue. a hitbox always hits an opponent if it collides with their hurtbox, why should a grabbox be different?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
try adding yt:stretch=16:9 to the video's tags real quick, just to see.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Today I played the hell out of fox and I have 2 questions.

Is wave shining easier because of ld and light press or have I improved my spacies?

Is someone planning to make a melee standing animation for fox? hes just not the same without it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom