• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
you can play NTSC copies of brawl on a PAL wii, you just need to use geckoOS (which apparently will be an option for the demo/final release). Oh and an NTSC compatable tv, otherwise the picture is black and white
I'm 99% sure that using component cables bypasses the difference in colour modulation for NTSC and PAL, so all you would need is a TV that can display at 60Hz, which should be common enough...

libertyernie

Smash Ace
I'm 99% sure that using component cables bypasses the difference in colour modulation for NTSC and PAL, so all you would need is a TV that can display at 60Hz, which should be common enough...
This should work. The PAL version of Pikmin 2 works on my NTSC Wii with the component cables, but only in progressive scan.

shanus

Smash Hero
we have multiple people in Europe who are testing PM currently with NTSC brawl playing without a hitch

NeoZ

Smash Ace
you can play NTSC copies of brawl on a PAL wii, you just need to use geckoOS (which apparently will be an option for the demo/final release). Oh and an NTSC compatable tv, otherwise the picture is black and white
He's talking about not owning a Wii, not having a PAL one.

OrlyMelee

Smash Cadet
Project M demo is gonna be released on monday!....

..and I'm like the only person in my country who's hyped -.-
Hehe m2 unless Paprika_killer is hyped which i doubt he is.

Why release pm on Monday and not on Friday Saturday or Sunday, are there still some bugs in need of fixing before finalizing the demo?

Not that i have problems with monday though, it's just most people have school/work on Monday;)

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
i think that question was already answered, they're testing it in the wild this weekend in smashfests they go to in person...a final stress test, if you will.

EDIT: also it was announced 01-07-10 and will be released 02-07-11
release on the 8th for poeticness of +1 year, +1 month, +1 day?

Slashy

Smash Lord
i think that question was already answered, they're testing it in the wild this weekend in smashfests they go to in person...a final stress test, if you will.

EDIT: also it was announced 01-07-10 and will be released 02-07-11
release on the 8th for poeticness of +1 year, +1 month, +1 day?
That would be +1 year +1 month

I R MarF

Smash Ace
So will we only have a demo until the beta comes out? Or will we get 4-6 characters and important tweaks added periodically until it evolves into the final version?

Soldner Kei

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SoldnerKei
seems like they are going to test the installer and stuff, a bunch of people playing P:M and streaming the whole thing... well that's what I understood

I won't sleep this sunday lol
because this monday **** will be bricked... oh wait, the other way around

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Guys, just buy a Wii. Running games in Dolphin is illegal and you can't expect these poeple to soil their hands with illegal behaviours on your behalf.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Guys, just buy a Wii. Running downloaded games in Dolphin is illegal and you can't expect these poeple to soil their hands with illegal behaviours on your behalf.
Running games in an emulator is perfectly legal in both Canada and most States, so long as you are running the actual game.

Not that this bothers me in the slightest. I'm probably going to leave Project M alone for a bit, I main Mewtwo in Melee and have a tournament coming up, playing P:M probably won't help me too much.

Oh, and a Brawl tourney too, but playing either one will make me better in that.

Sails

Smash Ace
Guys, just buy a Wii. Running games in Dolphin is illegal and you can't expect these poeple to soil their hands with illegal behaviours on your behalf.
Wow. Do you want to know why I don't tell people how cars work and what you should do with them? That's because I don't know anything about cars. You should take the same advice. Using emulators is not illegal. Using them to play games you don't personally own is illegal. If emulators were illegal, software such as VMWare which emulate operating systems would be, but they're not.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I'm no idiot. It is perfectly legal to run emulators when you actually have a copy of the game. However many are asking because they don't have the game. This will force some to buy an actual copy is all.

iLink

Smash Champion
Well to be fair, no one said they don't have the game, they just said they don't have a wii. That and the way you worded it said you can't use emulators at all.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
he was working with the implications...

then again I don't know how the laws in Chile are (in IYM!'s case) but I'm assuming it's the same (then again...are they enforced? Dominican Republic has very similar laws to the US yet it's only enforced if it benefits their corrupt government)

still, I'm sure the team doesn't want to risk their hard work going to **** because 1-3 individuals don't feel like/are unable to buy a Wii and/or a copy of Brawl...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom