• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ulevo

Smash Master
I've been posting updates on both Melee and Brawls forums on GameFAQS and despite a few people coming in to the threads with negativity, the overall response has been positive, albeit a bit limited. The more I seem to post there, the more support it seems to gather. It's all about the approach you take.

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
GameFAQs is a generally terrible place for spreading publicity though. Especially if you've been sticking to the Smash games' boards. Most everyone who'd be interested in Project M likely haven't visited them in years, and have no reason to start doing so again (and that's the kicker). Plus threads get locked auto-locked over time, and you can't do anything with the formatting.

But yeah, I suppose every little bit helps.

Ulevo

Smash Master
My friend, there is no such thing as a bad place to spread publicity. It all rides on how you market the product.

As long as you don't jam Project M down peoples throats and tell them to play it, and humor the criticism they have, and answer questions appropriately, it will attract some people, even if only a few.

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
My friend, there is no such thing as a bad place to spread publicity. It all rides on how you market the product.

As long as you don't jam Project M down peoples throats and tell them to play it, and humor the criticism they have, and answer questions appropriately, it will attract some people, even if only a few.
I wouldn't disagree. The forum I frequent (1up) admittedly doesn't draw a whole lot of folks. Well, not compared to GAF or IGN at least.

But yeah, my opinion's that if you can make a good OP that's as comprehensive as it needs to be, and that won't piss off the detractors, that's good enough. Pretend like it's an 'official' thread for any other game, in other words.

And while it's great to see that GAF thread get some PM mentions, I hope talk of PM doesn't go full throttle until the demo hits, in its own thread.

TeiunBomb

Smash Apprentice
I still plan on watching the stream. It will still be interesting to see the progression of the non-demo characters, and to see what tweaks the demo characters receive, if any.

Plus, hearing at least JCaeser's crew interact with each other is always a blast.

tera twin

Smash Journeyman
if the demo is out feb 7th, will it be up for download shortly after 12:00AM? or way later. the reason i ask is because i want to take the demo to a smashfest that very same day and people are willing to play it and give their input.

iLink

Smash Champion
Regarding streams: Honestly as long as you guys make an effort to use characters we can't use ourselves and show WIP stuff then I would still watch them.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Demo characters: Mario, Link, Falcon, Fox, Marth, GW, Zelda, Sheik , Ganon, Falco, Jiggs, Lucas, Snake, Sonic.

HYPE MAH ****AS

Stages: Lylat, Porttown, Skyworld, Rainbow cruise, Delfino, Temple, Pirate Ship, Brinstar, Frigate, Wario Ware, Donkey Kong ice climbers stage thing, Metal Mario stage, Pictochat, SSE Jungle, Halberd, Yoshi's Island

Battlefield, Melee FD, Dreamland 64, Yoshi Story, Pokemon Stadium 2, Fountain of Dreams, Smashville.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PRINGLES

Kati

Smash Lord
Are there plans for Skyworld? the floor ruins Metaknight, even in the brawl+ version.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Regarding streams: Honestly as long as you guys make an effort to use characters we can't use ourselves and show WIP stuff then I would still watch them.
This, although you guys do have complete control over what you show off in the streams. I do believe that you'd like to hype and reward those who show up by giving them some bits on new things like new stages/stage changes, character developments, and generally super wizard hacking stuff anyways.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
lol I remember in B+ when I played toon link on that stage Just obliterated my friend on it due to T.Link could just bounce continously off the platform and sometimes the spike due to disjointed hit boxes would cause it to spike him lol. which i do admit was pretty funny but pretty annoying in the same manner.

Sails

Smash Ace
Guess I'll bring this up again. You guys should see about All is Brawl supporting P:M. Get a front page post rolling, get a ladder and such, it would definitely promote the game among Brawlers.

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
Will P:M surpass Melee? Will it please the hardcore Melee community in general? What do you think? :)

Discuss here:

http://www.smashmods.com/forum/thread-2045.html
I cant seem to remember my username for there so I hope no one objects to me posting here.

Wether P:M will surpas Melee or not is all speculation at this point in time.
Wether it can or not is a question that eveyone can agree on, "Yes".

Project M as a hack has potential to surpass Melee in every way. We just have to choose what makes a competative fighter competative and deep, and we have to emphasize those points and add in new features Melee doesnt have that will unquestionably raise the competative credability as well. we have the potential to make the greatest competative fighter ever made with the amount of controll we have over brawl. how or if we get there is in the hands of the developers.

As for the community accepting us. its important we'd get off on the right foot, but more than that. The Melee and Brawl community have to be open minded. Without that, no fancy paragraph about P:M Will get us very far.

Odessa

Smash Cadet
I'm new at downloading software: so bear with me here.

How do I download Homebrew Channel on an unmodded Wii? I also don't have Twilight Princess.

Thanks. Would help.

Flynn360

Smash Cadet
I cant seem to remember my username for there so I hope no one objects to me posting here.

Wether P:M will surpass Melee or not is all speculation at this point in time.
Wether it can or not is a question that everyone can agree on, "Yes".

Project M as a hack has potential to surpass Melee in every way. We just have to choose what makes a fighter competitive and deep, and we have to emphasize those points and add in new features Melee doesnt have that will unquestionably raise the competitive credibility as well. we have the potential to make the greatest competitive fighter ever made with the amount of control we have over brawl. how or if we get there is in the hands of the developers.

As for the community accepting us. its important we'd get off on the right foot, but more than that. The Melee and Brawl community have to be open minded. Without that, no fancy paragraph about P:M Will get us very far.
omg Wall of Epic Text....that would be cool to see Some new features in Project M but what can possibly come to mind? :urg: btw FIXED

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
Perhaps we can look to other famous fighters and see what their best features are and build off them.

How do I download Homebrew Channel on an unmodded Wii? I also don't have Twilight Princess.

Thanks. Would help.
I think you would need Bannerbomb, find it on wiibrew.
You wouldnt need Twilight Princess.

Sails

Smash Ace

Thanks. Would help.
Assuming you have a copy of Brawl, you can utilize the Smash Stack method if you're on Firmware 4.2. Otherwise, you can use BannerBomb, which doesn't require anything.

Smash Stack, along with information on how to install, can be found here: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Smash_Stack

Do not worry about fudging the installation, it's impossible.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
They will also provide an easy install whent he dmeo is out. There is no real need to mod your Wii.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Perhaps we can look to other famous fighters and see what their best features are and build off them.
Conflicts with:

What is the goal of Project M?
Project M hopes to achieve a game similar to Super Smash Bros. Melee in many respects. It does not, however, intend to be a 1:1 Melee clone. The following is a list of the main aspects of Super Smash Bros. Melee that inspired and have carried over into Project M:

In short, Project M aims to capture the essence of what made Melee a truly great game in our eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom