• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Alrighty, read the critiques of the OP. I'm at work, but I'll get to work on fixing it when I get back.

One thing though: Should I really get rid of the textures? The reason I put them was to demonstrate what people can do with Brawl and create a bit of hype(I'm pretty sure most of GAF doesn't know they can do that). I'd much rather leave them in the screen shots and write a disclaimer saying *all textures are optional and not included in the mod. Check out Brawl Vault *.

I mean, commercials do this kind of shit all the time :laugh:

jalued

Smash Lord
Alrighty, read the critiques of the OP. I'm at work, but I'll get to work on fixing it when I get back.

One thing though: Should I really get rid of the textures? The reason I put them was to demonstrate what people can do with Brawl and create a bit of hype(I'm pretty sure most of GAF doesn't know they can do that). I'd much rather leave them in the screen shots and write a disclaimer saying *all textures are optional and not included in the mod. Check out Brawl Vault *.

I mean, commercials do this kind of shit all the time :laugh:
haha yeah, buy this product and you will look like him/her... except you wont :p same thing!

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
Should I move to Ustream or should i stick to Justin.tv

just asking
Even though Ustream doesn't have recording saves option. You can always download a program called Fraps. and record you live shows on that. You might want to torrent it though due to because I believe the trial version only allows you to save so much for a certain amount of time.

Revven

FrankerZ
ustream can save them, you just have to tell it to. Look at Sneak's stream page for instance, he saved his stream last night.

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
Well, at least thread on GAF doesn't get things wrong, or push forth its own opinions. Bad news is, people are already drawing some misconceptions from it (ie: "I see Samus is missing from the character list. This mod is dead to me.")

Anth0ny, you might want to contact the person who made it or a mod there about fleshing it out.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Was there one last night? I must admit I would have missed it, traveling back to NY.

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
Misconceptions abound at NeoGAF again. Had one 'remaking Melee is the point' and another guy doing this:

""Not too familiar with Brawl. Was there objection from the pro gamer crowd over the game's controls or something?"

Not to the controls, but they were upset because of the removal of moves and physics peculiarities that Nintendo thought were glitches but competitive players grew to depend on and use for the game. Also, because it was a different game."

EDIT: Thread's actually getting a little better now.

EDIT2: "The site claims you just need an SD Card and Smash Bros. Brawl, but that seems a bit too easy." Ahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaha. Some people just try to find issue with anything.

EDIT3: "Also, I always found Tiers ridiculous. How in the world is Mario so low on the list and Falco so high up? Falco is almost unusable to me, yet Mario is probably the best character in the roster." Same guy. Wow.

shanus

Smash Hero
Remember, mondays release date corresponds with 1MM views in the thread

I just want to clarify with people, that we will not release it at midnight

shanus

Smash Hero
I know jalued haha, it'll likely be sometime between noon and 3PM EST, but no promises

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Remember, mondays release date corresponds with 1MM views in the thread

I just want to clarify with people, that we will not release it at midnight
Say what now? We need to get blasted 1 MM views? I hope that's a joke XD

Although I would find it utterly amusing if you released it Monday 12:00:01 AM.

Scufo

Smash Apprentice
NeoGAF post
To reiterate what other people have said, intro is way too long, and sounds overly biased against Brawl players. Too much time is spent talking about technical stuff. Texture hacks in the screenshots could give a bad impression.

Scufo

Smash Apprentice
The overwhelming first impression people seem to have is "whats the point".

Honestly I can't blame them for thinking that if they're not really into Smash as anything more than a fun distraction.

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
The overwhelming first impression people seem to have is "whats the point".

Honestly I can't blame them for thinking that if they're not really into Smash as anything more than a fun distraction.
Well, those are obviously the ones who prefer Brawl. Project M's likely not going to change their minds, unless they're open to the new retro stages and such.

Others will hopefully realize that the roster will be bigger than Melee, at the least.

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
This guy on GAF deserves a medal:

"I liked Melee's engine. To me, wave dashing was not Melee though, it was a glitch the community hung onto.

But in the end it shouldn't matter, if this works properly in the end I should be able to play Melee with Brawls content anyhow. I can continue to just not Wave Dash, and have gentlemens agreements with others to do the same"

D

Deleted member

If critics don't want to be tolerable and mature about this mod, then that's too bad for all the closed minded people.

This project isn't for them. That's unfortunate, but they can still enjoy vBrawl without interference from this game at all.

There's no reason for anybody to act like a prick about this game.

Sails

Smash Ace
I've been a lurker at NeoGAF for many years, and I've had a registered account sitting and waiting for activation for two solid years. It's pretty obnoxious, as I would really like to clear up some misconceptions as well as state that we had an OP in the works...

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
I will say though, I think the GAF thread and current GoNintendo story have (so far) gone over better than the Kotaku and old GoNintendo comments did.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I will say though, I think the GAF thread and current GoNintendo story have (so far) gone over better than the Kotaku and old GoNintendo comments did.
The GoNintendo comments got cut off quickly though, because the more intelligent commenters did a good job at pushing off the misguided quite early.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
ugh, who's the jerk who made a thread on gaf >_>

should have my edited post up soon.

AND LOOK AT WHAT WE HAVE HERE:

This seems more like clinging desperately to an old idea than good game design. There is absolutely no reason not to L-Cancel, ever. The question is just "Do you want your moves to be good? If so, press L." There's no special conditions or limited use to trigger it, and there's no situation where it can be advantageous to not use it. Why would I want the game purposefully made to have the 'feature' that I have to press L every single time I do an aerial attack that hits the ground? So that I have an ace-in-the-hole to cling to when my tragically underdeveloped smash fundamentals are getting trounced by cstick-only marths at some anime convention? I don't buy it. Brawl Plus' solution of lowering the recovery of aerial attacks such that all moves were effectively l canceled was much more elegant as far as I'm concerned. I don't mind execution barriers, but to put this one in on purpose, given the opportunity to pick a better solution, is a bit disappointing.

Of course, all that and I'm still interested in giving this a shot for a couple nights at least.
ohohohohohohohoohoho. silly gaf.

Rikana

Smash Champion
ugh, who's the jerk who made a thread on gaf >_>

should have my edited post up soon.

AND LOOK AT WHAT WE HAVE HERE:

ohohohohohohohoohoho. silly gaf.
I just read that too.

Its okay. He'll be hooked. There's no escaping.

Anyways, I'm gonna make a thread on GBAtemp about Project:M like I did with Brawl+. I'll work on it soon. Probably later on tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom