• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
lol now i understand- you don't know much about melee
go to melee general discussion
it's roughly:
fox/falco/jiggs
sheik/marth
peach/falcon
the rest
Assuming you're talking about the Melee Tier list

Fox 9.88
Marth 9.85
Sheik 9.69
Falco 9.15

High
Peach 8.35
Captain Falcon 8.00
Jigglypuff 8.00
Ice Climbers 7.88

Tier List from 2008-2010. A new tier list is under discussion by the MBR for the time being. Expect it sometime around early August.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
the official MBR tier list is outdated as heck. l/a/w's list is more accurate.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Having a beta with a small roster is one idea we've had on the table for a little while, and may yet happen.

Non playable character would, of course, have their .pac files removed so you can't get around our custom CSS :p

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
the october 2008 update was the last official MBR update. it's inaccurate. they're currently making another one.

L/A/W

Smash Journeyman
apparently no one knows the tiers list is outdated as **** lol
also the "mini beta" is a good idea imo

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
the october 2008 update was the last official MBR update. it's inaccurate. they're currently making another one.
Oh ok, I was just wondering.

I looked up the tier list on the wikia, and I saw that they removed the "This is the final revision of the SSBM tier list" or whatever it said. I can't wait to see what the next tier list looks like!

EDIT: and yeah, I knew it was back in '08, i guess i should have included that in my post before

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Nice UpB kill with Weegee. Is that moved going to be buffed in any way? God knows we don't need another move as powerful as Jigg's rest but if the rest isn't being nerfed you might as well buff luigi's UpB shoryuken ya know...just to be fair. :p

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Nice UpB kill with Weegee. Is that moved going to be buffed in any way? God knows we don't need another move as powerful as Jigg's rest but if the rest isn't being nerfed you might as well buff luigi's UpB shoryuken ya know...just to be fair. :p
Yes. A buffed up b definitely has a lot of potential; especially in teams: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4dko0HCa-Q

But on the topic of Luigi buffs I think that his fireballs should travel through the air faster. (Or has this already been done?)

Starscream

Smash Ace
The fox/falco vectors look a little out of place, but cool nonetheless.
I concur. I've tried them personally (with Brawl+) and while totally awesome, I just wasn't feelin it 100%. The textures themselves clash too much with the stages and environments because they're so saturated. They also generally look less detailed. I miss the gun holsters, the shine on the hip and the scouters. Melee Fox vertex also needs a bit more work. The snout is too long and he has no teeth. What I would love is a Fox vertex with Melee head with Brawl scouter, and smaller Melee style feet. I'm totally fine with Fox's outfit in Brawl, but his head and goofy clown shoes gotta go.

L/A/W

Smash Journeyman
brawl foxes biggest problems imo are his head, ridiculous shoes, terrible voice, bad animations, and really dumbed down colors (ie. blue fox isn't nearly as purple, etc)

Anth0ny

Smash Master
A beta with only Fox, Falco, Jiggs, Sheik, Marth and Falcon (with pretty much perfect Melee properties) would be amazing. It would keep us held over until the final release, and it would increase hype for sure.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
A beta with only Fox, Falco, Jiggs, Sheik, Marth and Falcon (with pretty much perfect Melee properties) would be amazing. It would keep us held over until the final release, and it would increase hype for sure.
Yeah. It would be nice to sneak 1 brawl character in though. Just to get people use to the idea of new people. Maybe add in Snake or Metaknight or both. let Melee players get revenge on those 2.:laugh:

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Are there any videos of Ivysaur? I saw him in a stream once but I can't really remember him...
I think there were 5 or 6. I'm not sure if they'll be released to the public or not.

In other news I came across a Brawl Snake Combo Vid this one to be exact. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPjB2Rt_8rA

It reminded me exactly why this must be done. Also reminds me of how different Melee snake is.

Revven

FrankerZ
is it possible to have the stocks animations from melee? i always prefered them over the brawl ones due to clarity
Animations...? That doesn't make any sense. Do you mean stock heads? Because if so, that hasn't been looked into but if I had to think about it a bit there's only stocks per player and not per character so if you replaced the stocks with say Mario's stock head it'd be like that for all the other characters depending on which player's stocks were replaced.

If you meant something else, I honestly don't understand what you mean and probably what you're asking is so out there that it's probably not possible to do.

jalued

Smash Lord
Animations...? That doesn't make any sense. Do you mean stock heads? Because if so, that hasn't been looked into but if I had to think about it a bit there's only stocks per player and not per character so if you replaced the stocks with say Mario's stock head it'd be like that for all the other characters depending on which player's stocks were replaced.

If you meant something else, I honestly don't understand what you mean and probably what you're asking is so out there that it's probably not possible to do.
yeah i meant the stock heads sorry. So its not possible then? its just that the stocks and the avatar image overlap so its not as clear as it could be

Revven

FrankerZ
We could probably get rid of the characters' battle portrait if we wanted to to get rid of some the "clutter" but then you wouldn't really be able to replace the stocks with stock heads for each character because the stocks are per player and not per character (as far as I know, as I said, this hasn't really been looked into).

If someone who's more familiar with replacing the stock images thinks I'm wrong please come forth and say so, if not, this'll be one of those things that's 1) aesthetic and 2) will have to be looked at later.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
This is random, but is there a complete list of stages that are going to be replaced in P:M in favor of Dreamland 64, Metal Mario, Hyrule 64, etc.?

jalued

Smash Lord
We could probably get rid of the characters' battle portrait if we wanted to to get rid of some the "clutter" but then you wouldn't really be able to replace the stocks with stock heads for each character because the stocks are per player and not per character (as far as I know, as I said, this hasn't really been looked into).

If someone who's more familiar with replacing the stock images thinks I'm wrong please come forth and say so, if not, this'll be one of those things that's 1) aesthetic and 2) will have to be looked at later.
couldnt you remove the origianl stocks, reduce the size of the stock image dramatically, multiply it by 4 and then give it stock properties

bleyva

Smash Ace
couldnt you remove the origianl stocks, reduce the size of the stock image dramatically, multiply it by 4 and then give it stock properties
wouldnt it be easier to just make the current stock icons a much darker and noticeable color? that seems like a much more efficient solution than playing around with the avatars

JOE!

Smash Hero
Yeah. It would be nice to sneak 1 brawl character in though. Just to get people use to the idea of new people. Maybe add in Snake or Metaknight or both. let Melee players get revenge on those 2.:laugh:
what if MK is even more outrageous with melee phsyics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom