• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
You can't replace anything in it though, but it's pretty much all you got. Make sure to look up stickman's guide on sound replacement.

Slashy

Smash Lord
My only gripe with custom characters is that aside from the extra 14 characters who have announcer calls every other addition is going to feel tacked on no matter how far the character is developed.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I'm pretty sure Dant wants Pichu in.

Also, Brawl tipper SFX > Melee tipper SFX.
Brawl Ike SFX > Melee. Seriously, his sword. Is a ****ing. Cannon.

And Japanese 64 SFX > Everything.

Also I really need a better image for my avatar. This one isn't doing it for me.

Ecks

Smash Lord
My only concern with adding Pichu and M2would be that there are so many pokemon in brawl as it is. But the more the better I guess.

And lol Shanus uses Marth's sword, Fox's shine, Falco's lasers, is faster than Falcon, has the knee, has float cancel, djc, sheik's Melee d-throw, a tether, and his percentage gradually decreases. :troll:

:phone:

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
He also has invincibility on his idle frames and when his shield breaks the opponent goes into the shield break animation.

Oh, and in addition to having Sheik's Melee DThrow he has Dedede's vBrawl pivot grab range, not scaled down to the Melee model size... On his dash grab.
On both sides of him.

Rikana

Smash Champion
but no other character has a chance of being officially included in the project (shanus might though, just to troll me)
Going by your logic - Shanus is Randal.

Randal confirmed for PM.

Also, Ganon's crouch cancel downB is to Ike's counter. Discuss.

Spoon~

Smash Ace
He also has invincibility on his idle frames and when his shield breaks the opponent goes into the shield break animation.

Oh, and in addition to having Sheik's Melee DThrow he has Dedede's vBrawl pivot grab range, not scaled down to the Melee model size... On his dash grab.
On both sides of him.
And shuttle loop, glide and vbrawl MK downsmash. Hell he may as well have the *****nado.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
So use them in tournies.

And get disqualified.

Damn french keyboard. Can't find the goddamn square brackets.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
No. No no no no. I don't. Want to hear "ho ho hohohohohohohohohohohohohoho" every time I want to ****ing wavedash.

I know the team isn't going to add mandatory sounds, but if they did, this would be one of them.

Just had to post to balance the opinions out. :p

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Please tell me you mean Katt and not that abomination from the later games...

Anyway this is totally irrelevant. No non-Melee characters will be added as an official part of Project M. This isn't MUGEN.
I am disappoint, a little.

Adding one new character to give PM something other Smash "installments" didn't have would be welcome and wouldn't make PM "mugen."

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
SFP, your location says you're from Portugal, when exactly did you go to NY to play Wes? I certainly hope you traveled to NY for something besides playing Wes. If you just spent a lot of money to fly to NY to play Wes, you are one devoted PM follower!

Shawn101589

Smash Journeyman
I am disappoint, a little.

Adding one new character to give PM something other Smash "installments" didn't have would be welcome and wouldn't make PM "mugen."

Agreed. The thing about Mugen is that none of the characters have a process to them that balances them out, and the fact that Mugen is a fighting game template and not really a fighting game. The fact that you can add unbalanced/unpolished characters to brawl is a better comparison to Mugen. Adding a polished character to the roster that is approved by the team designing the game isn't like Mugen at all.

That being said, I'm sure this discussion has already been had many times so this will be my last post on the subject.

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
Agreed. The thing about Mugen is that none of the characters have a process to them that balances them out, and the fact that Mugen is a fighting game template and not really a fighting game. The fact that you can add unbalanced/unpolished characters to brawl is a better comparison to Mugen. Adding a polished character to the roster that is approved by the team designing the game isn't like Mugen at all.

That being said, I'm sure this discussion has already been had many times so this will be my last post on the subject.
The last thing Melee players would want from PM is to lose with their mains to some brand new character to the series that's been 'legitimized.' At least with the Brawl characters there's precedent and more of an established template (even though it may be necessary to deviate from it for balance purposes).

I'd be in no way opposed to an extra, optional expansion pack of characters, provided that the PM team would give their blessing. Or who knows, maybe it's something they'd oversee to some degree. Just so long as it's given as much of an emphasis on polish and balance with the Project M roster as Project M is in itself.

.... But this is all so far in the future that it's probably not worrying about. Besides, only 7 could be added anyhow so far as we know, *if* the clone engine pans out. Not including Roy, Mewtwo, Pichu, etc either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom