• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
this game definitely needs a female spacie to **** with lol
Please tell me you mean Katt and not that abomination from the later games...

Anyway this is totally irrelevant. No non-Melee characters will be added as an official part of Project M. This isn't MUGEN.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
And from the stream Leelue was doing it doesn't look like tech momentum is fixed yet. He did have the latest version right?
Yes, Wes was using the most up to date version, most likely. He usually only takes whatever is in our pf folder but it's a good thing that he remembered to grab Shanus' Procario. I was unable to see the stream, how did everyone do? I know Wes(I think it was him) used Procario a bit. C4 also told me that they ended up doing mostly doubles.

Shawn101589

Smash Journeyman
Yes, Wes was using the most up to date version, most likely. He usually only takes whatever is in our pf folder but it's a good thing that he remembered to grab Shanus' Procario. I was unable to see the stream, how did everyone do? I know Wes(I think it was him) used Procario a bit. C4 also told me that they ended up doing mostly doubles.

I went to bed at 3am est and I know they were doing doubles on another setup. There were no doubles on the setup being streamed. Procario seemed pretty good but I didn't seen anyone taking advantage of his cancel-able moves as I'm guessing noone really knows how to use him yet. I noticed Ganon has a crazy sweetspot now that I'm not sure if was intentional. Also, someone in the chat metioned that the Mario/Sonic matchup is strongly in Mario's favor but I didn't really understand why.

mariodk

Smash Ace
two more questing for clone engine:
what about Kirby hats if kirby take a char. over the extra Slots?
and will the extra slots work on any PSA/import you want over Extra slot?

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I went to bed at 3am est and I know they were doing doubles on another setup. There were no doubles on the setup being streamed. Procario seemed pretty good but I didn't seen anyone taking advantage of his cancel-able moves as I'm guessing noone really knows how to use him yet. I noticed Ganon has a crazy sweetspot now that I'm not sure if was intentional. Also, someone in the chat metioned that the Mario/Sonic matchup is strongly in Mario's favor but I didn't really understand why.
Ganon's ledgegrab box hasn't been edited since the demo IIRC.

Mario v Sonic is in Mario's favor due to the fact that Sonic relies on the ground way more than Mario does and Mario can just cape/fireball Sonic's approaches on the ground.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Sonic loses to Mario because every Sonic player is a scrub.

I wish I could play Fireball Stars' Sonic.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
two more questing for clone engine:
what about Kirby hats if kirby take a char. over the extra Slots?
This. I asked the question a while back and I believe Dant said he had a solution, but he never specified what.

will the extra slots work on any PSA/import you want over Extra slot?
If Dant gets the clone engine up and working, yes.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I dislike you so much right now.
<3

Oh and I wouldn't mind the PM team taking all of the slots, lol. And who cares about Krystal? Katt Monroe is cooler. And Peppy could finally hav a barrel Roll Up B. >.>

Jokes aside, I think it might be better to release the full title before the clones are made. Then add thme in future updates.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Doesn't Sonic have the best dash dance in the game and can easily avoid a slow parabolic projectile?

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Doesn't Sonic have the best dash dance in the game and can easily avoid a slow parabolic projectile?
That dash dance is pretty awesome, but it doesn't help against a projectile that shuts down his ground approaches. Sonic not having very good aerial mobility doesn't help either. As long as that fireball is out, he can't approach without either jumping above it, blocking it or rolling around it - none of which are good options for him. That's my reasoning as to why that matchup could be hard, at least.

Do Mario's fireballs out-prioritize Sonic's downB/sideB/dash attack?

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
I'm pretty much sure that mario's fireballs aren't a big problem for sonic.

His fast and strong smash attacks and aerials are more of a concern then the fireballs.

Fireballs doesn't out-prioritize Spinroll, but will clash and stop Sonic during the state. But no decent sonic will use such moves for approach unless the opponent is visibly vulnerable, and a Mario who is spamming two fireballs at time while still has the possibility to waveland after them sure isn't a vulnerable defense game. Sonic must find another ways of offense, and he has many possible.

also
<3 JCz

D

Deleted member

How is Sonic's DD better than Falcon's?

Does Falcon not still have the most flexibility for his DD between initial dashes?

I'm assuming you are saying Sonic's DD is good b/c he is fastest and therefore he covers more ground in his initial dashes.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
A dash dance's ability is determined by the characters turnaround speed and dash speed, so yeah, Falcons is still better because Sonic turns around a lot slower.

And even though Sonic has more options (I'm not even sure he does) because falcon can retreat so fast and punish it leaves the opponent more weary to approach.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
How does turnaround speed factor into dash dancing? One of the key elements of dash dancing is to avoid the turnaround animation.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
So, somewhat off topic, but I'm seeing people comment about Project:M on an article about Smash Bros on IGN. I would say that even if only a few people are commenting about it on a major gaming website, the team won't have a problem reaching an audience once the final release is out, especially if Mewtwo, Roy, and ????? are in it.

Ecks

Smash Lord
That's pretty sweet, but I don't use riivolution. D:

Is the pm riivo still online somewhere?

Edit: Wait, no Marth? But that's practically the whole reason for me to want it in the first place!
:phone:

BlueSuperSonic1

Smash Journeyman
That's pretty sweet, but I don't use riivolution. D:

Is the pm riivo still online somewhere?

Edit: Wait, no Marth? But that's practically the whole reason for me to want it in the first place!
:phone:
I'm pretty sure that Marth has the sound that happens when he hits someone with his sword, just not the sound when he swings his sword in Melee.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
A code. It's merely changing the clank action's sound ID to something else (which sounds like the No Contest metal clink sound and a few other sounds that use it).
it's a code iirc
Ah crud, is there any way you could change it in the smash sound.brsar or whatever it's called? Because I know no one has this code

What one are you using?

Generally, I'd rather pay more (if I have the money) for something I'm sure will work, much less work well. I could get better sound and equivalent visuals with my camera, lol. (Although, I payed a lot for the nice camera I have... but I'd rather not take the time to set it up for that when I could use a capture card that copies direct to my computer). I mean no offense, but that vid sounds almost like "Youtube Poop" xD.... OK... that was harsh... I apologize. But it looks unbelievable for the 5 dollars or whatever silly low price you payed.
It's cool, I really don't care enough to buy a really nice capture card, it was either that one or non at all really, and now that I got accepted into a decent college I have to save all the money I can to pay the damn tuition

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
The PMBR has the code. :troll:

I'm sure you could replace the clank SFX in the .brsar though.
Bah, I know that! >_>

Anyone have any idea where it would be in there? I looked once and couldn't even find the regular hit sounds for the characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom