• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn101589

Smash Journeyman
So I'm not sure if the post I made a few pages back was overlooked, but I had a question about G&W.

During Leelue's stream I asked him if he could demonstrate G&W's neutral B and if he could fast fall this move upon doing it in the air. I thought it was odd that he couldn't in the demo. I do think it is great that he now cancels his frying pan when he lands on the ground, but I feel like there isn't enough control over it to make it an approach. I feel like if Falco and Fox can both control their fast falls during their Neutral B's then G&W should be able to as well.

If there is something I am overlooking feel free to point it out, I'm simply curious.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Ok I know the common sounds are in the snd_group_joucyu but I can't pinpoint brawl clash sound, since it's done by code in Project M that means it still has the brawl clash sound but does it even make a sound?

Could someone in the PMBR tell me the offsets for the sound if anyone knows it

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Brawl doesn't have any sound effect play when something clanks.
!? But there has to be a file for it right? Since the PMBR change the ID to play a different sound, that means there must be a .wav file that plays no sound then, I'm almost positive the PM clank is wav 183 but I haven't found any yet that don't make some sound

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Roy feels as much like falcon as he does Marth simply because of his weight and the way you play around that. And the fyre.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
What the code does is add a sound effect line to the action when two characters' attacks clank. They substituted in a sound ID that Brawl already has for reference.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
What the code does is add a sound effect line to the action when two characters' attacks clank. They substituted in a sound ID that Brawl already has for reference.
So then it's not possible to replace the sound in the .brsar?

I know that the PM clank is the menu sound wav 11

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
So then it's not possible to replace the sound in the .brsar?

I know that the PM clank is the menu sound wav 11
Replacing the sound that the fighter.pac injection refers to will work.

Nah, I'm pretty sure it's just a fighter.pac injection, so look up how to do that.
Well, as far as putting the sound in the clank action, yes. The sound can still be found and replaced in the .brsar though.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
SFP, your location says you're from Portugal, when exactly did you go to NY to play Wes? I certainly hope you traveled to NY for something besides playing Wes. If you just spent a lot of money to fly to NY to play Wes, you are one devoted PM follower!
Are you implying that I lied to you, in order to get you to listen my feedback on your salty fanservice hack project? Seriously? Give me a break.

I'm from New York. I moved to Europe in March. Get over yourself. Ugh.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Are you implying that I lied to you, in order to get you to listen my feedback on your salty fanservice hack project? Seriously? Give me a break.

Oh. Nononono. Not at all. I was simply thinking that if your location said you were in portugal and you played wes, I thought you spent money to travel there or something. Juu already cleared that up. Sorry if it came off that way.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Replacing the sound that the fighter.pac injection refers to will work.
I play more than PM though so I want to find both, I found PM's but from what I've seen these wavs produce no sounds or have no length:

21 - 0 length
62 - 0 length
75 - 0 length
76 - 0 length
153 - 0 length

So then it's just guesswork? Creating a new brsar for each test is a pain though.

Sterowent

Smash Ace

well, that was a bit unfair.

i'm watching this stream footage, with the saltines + wes crew. it's damn good. wish i was around for the live show, but their play is superb. DELICIOUS!

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Oh. Nononono. Not at all. I was simply thinking that if your location said you were in portugal and you played wes, I thought you spent money to travel there or something. Juu already cleared that up. Sorry if it came off that way.
Why did you find it necessary to bring it up in the first place?

Aren't you guys constantly trying to stop the thread from derailing away from Project M discussion? If you had a question about my location or legitimacy, couldn't you have just sent it to me in a PM? I guess that would have made it more difficult to publicly and sarcastically attack my credibility, though.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I wasn't questioning your legitimacy at all nor was I trying to attack your credibility. I'm sorry that you feel offended but I have already apologized. Let's just drop it.

Anyways, speaking of streams, IIRC Sneak said he'll be streaming tomorrow! :D

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
For those that watched freesaltine's stream, how well did Wes use Procario? Did he make use of the cancels and whatnot? I was only able to catch the first few minutes which has Eli(Captain Falcon) vs Wes(Procario) and I didn't see Wes cancel all that much. :urg:

EDIT: DId they ever post the recorded stream? I really would like to watch it. :bee:

Krautrock

Smash Apprentice
Supermodel from Paris - paranoid much? Jeez. Monk was honestly just asking you a question...

More on topic - did Bowser's super armor frames get reduced recently, or were the red flashes just toned down? I didn't notice much of it on Wes' stream. (But maybe I'm just crazy.)

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Maybe the quality of the stream was bad or the framerate was off causing it to skip showing parts of the red flashes? I know that the red flashes were made to match the armor frames a very long time ago though. Also, his armor hasn't been toned down recently.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I play more than PM though so I want to find both, I found PM's but from what I've seen these wavs produce no sounds or have no length:

21 - 0 length
62 - 0 length
75 - 0 length
76 - 0 length
153 - 0 length

So then it's just guesswork? Creating a new brsar for each test is a pain though.
Ask here:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=296343

Please read the thread first.

Edit:
Compared to the Janurary/February videos of Bowser, Fsmash was slightly nerfed.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Supermodel from Paris - paranoid much? Jeez. Monk was honestly just asking you a question...

More on topic - did Bowser's super armor frames get reduced recently, or were the red flashes just toned down? I didn't notice much of it on Wes' stream. (But maybe I'm just crazy.)
Maybe it was the stream's framerate, no matter how smooth it looks, it's probably around 20 fps or maybe less.

Just like the white flashes when they l-cancel, they're usually unnoticeable in streams, yet when I play the game they're pretty conspicuous.

EDIT: ninja'd by Monk

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer

salty fanservice hack project?
please don't be silly because of MonkUnit's badly worded question

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Ask here:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=296343

Please read the thread first.

Edit:
Compared to the Janurary/February videos of Bowser, Fsmash was slightly nerfed.
I just noticed you have to have the replacement sound be as long or shorter than the original sound, and you can't really put in a sound that's 0.02 seconds long or one without a length in so it's pointless, you need a code, so I guess I have to wait until P:M is finished -_-

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
Hey, friend noticed that Lucas' final smash doesn't work anymore. I don't play with items on, and I doubt any of you do either which is why it may not have come up before now, but still, why is Lucas' final smash missing?

That and frankly, could it be re-enabled. I mean, SOME people out there use the final smash. Unless it's more complicated than just adding/subtracting a few lines, I can't imagine it being a big deal.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Yeah, sorry. We're not too worried about breaking final smashes and items since this is a competitively-focused mod and those aspects of the game aren't competitive. We borrow freely from them to make the characters work how we want them to.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Items could have been better executed in all the smash games....

I wish I could open ItmCommonGen.pac......

I understand what you say though.

It would really help the overall quality of the character if you could get Lucas's FS to use another variable though.

shanus

Smash Hero

Sounds like someone thinks they are hot **** lol

:phone:

Ecks

Smash Lord
lol It got 38 downloads despite me only posting the link here :D glad people like it.

Was that salty stream recorded somewhere?? I hear it was really good.

And I just noticed shanus's name doesn't start with a capital letter. /relevant

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
Why did you find it necessary to bring it up in the first place?

Aren't you guys constantly trying to stop the thread from derailing away from Project M discussion? If you had a question about my location or legitimacy, couldn't you have just sent it to me in a PM? I guess that would have made it more difficult to publicly and sarcastically attack my credibility, though.
didn't think it was possible to care even less about your opinion but here we are..

ladies and gentlemen: those of you who wish your input on Project M be heard and opinions considered, and we do definitely listen to the levelheaded members and sometimes apply ideas found in this thread, treat everyone and not just those in the PMBR with respect.

when you lash out in unstable fits anger not only does it derail the thread into pointless arguments, it also just makes people not want to listen to you.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
lol It got 38 downloads despite me only posting the link here :D glad people like it.

Was that salty stream recorded somewhere?? I hear it was really good.

And I just noticed shanus's name doesn't start with a capital letter. /relevant
If you would like, I could post that FD on brawlvault when I get time. Unless someone else wants to. Just make sure to put the credits from the original FD and the Tabuu BG.

I think it was? IIRC they posted the link somewhere in the last few pages (40PPP)

Because he's a boss. :bee:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom