• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
ROB has never starred in a video game.
You can't star in a game you don't appear in. :/
ROB isn't that good a peripheral anyway, which is part of the reason why I don't feel like he belongs.

G&W is ok with me.

Moving right along, any missed streams over the past 5 days?
All I saw was part of Neko's stream.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Becuase people aren't reading posts.

Official or not, I just want this.

I know that PSA characters like Cloud, GF, Mega Man, Lyn, Zero, and Sephiroth will never get in officially in PM. I've accepted that.

All I request is that when the main game is said and done(and that engine too), that the PMBR please assist the creators in making PM versions of these PSAs, as these are the main ones that ATTEMPT to be balanced within the roster.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
For that matter, I would have loved to see some more third part characters.

But I was extremely happy with hearing about Sonic.

Though... the fact that he already had fighting game movesets kind of annoys me in comparison to his Brawl one.

Also, that Card Sagas Wars thing looks amazing.

Ecks

Smash Lord
I know the pmbr won't add any new characters officially (save for Roy and the others if the clone engine is done) and I hope they don't.

The only character I'd like is Roy. Oh and Megaman :D

And Spam, Why u hatin on ROB and Mr. Gay & Proud? G&W is awesome.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
To be fair, since the balance of Project M will be done, if someone were to make a PM 3 (Assuming the game is programmed similarily), they could easily just steal what has been done with Project M and all every characters balanced quickly. The development, I feel could move along much faster.

Anyways, unless Smash 4 hired Shanus and the crew, I don't want it.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
And what if Smash 4 is a Melee 2.0? And didn't hire the P:M team? You still wouldn't want it?

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
Personally, as far as non-Brawl characters in P:M I would say Mewtwo + Roy (the latter only because of his fanbase) should go in and only then any other characters that would make sense. (i.e. Megaman, Zero) The other "forbidden five" don't really deserve to be in any future Smash game, especially since the good things about YLink and Doctor Mario were added to their respective Brawl counterparts and Pichu is just an emo, low tier Pikachu. Although, this entire discussion is rather pointless considering I can't really see the PMBR adding any characters besides the first two I mentioned, and those only if the Clone Engine is completed by the time the final release of P:M is completed.

EpixAura

Smash Journeyman
They should make characters from other fighting games, and make them extremely overpowered or underpowered just for the sake of troll value.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Smash 4 could still be a great competitive game without being like Melee.
It's not just a question of competitive or not: It's a question of better or not.

If smash 4 had, let's say... every mechanics that Project M has, but Falco has his thrown shine, Wario still has his Bike, etc... In other words, if the battle system is right but the moves suck, I'm sticking to PM. If you want Nintendo to change their ways, you have to stop buying the games that don't deliver, and to continuously pressure them, and let your arguments known. Besides, Falco Brawl disgusted me greatly. The only way I get play SSB4 is if they surpass M. I highly doubt they will.

Slashy

Smash Lord
It's not just a question of competitive or not: It's a question of better or not.

If smash 4 had, let's say... every mechanics that Project M has, but Falco has his thrown shine, Wario still has his Bike, etc... In other words, if the battle system is right but the moves suck, I'm sticking to PM. If you want Nintendo to change their ways, you have to stop buying the games that don't deliver, and to continuously pressure them, and let your arguments known. Besides, Falco Brawl disgusted me greatly. The only way I get play SSB4 is if they surpass M. I highly doubt they will.
I think that Smash Bros. and Pokemon are the only series so far whose GCN installments were superior to their Wii installments.

Those are the only games that I felt "didn't deliver"

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Im sure WW and Twilight Princess GC will blow Skyward Sword out of the water so Zelda can also be added to that list slashy. Also F-zero and StarFox as their wii editions are non-existent. Also IMO
Doubledash > than MKwii, hell Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 2 beat MP3 and other M. The only games series on wii that are better are Mario, Dk, and Kirby.

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
If you want Nintendo to change their ways, you have to stop buying the games that don't deliver, and to continuously pressure them, and let your arguments known. Besides, Falco Brawl disgusted me greatly. The only way I get play SSB4 is if they surpass M. I highly doubt they will.
I am sure that Nintendo will REALLY miss your purchase while a billion casual gamers snatch up the game, toss items at each other and LOL like mad at all the wacky hijinks.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Personally, as far as non-Brawl characters in P:M I would say Mewtwo + Roy (the latter only because of his fanbase) should go in and only then any other characters that would make sense. (i.e. Megaman, Zero) The other "forbidden five" don't really deserve to be in any future Smash game, especially since the good things about YLink and Doctor Mario were added to their respective Brawl counterparts and Pichu is just an emo, low tier Pikachu. Although, this entire discussion is rather pointless considering I can't really see the PMBR adding any characters besides the first two I mentioned, and those only if the Clone Engine is completed by the time the final release of P:M is completed.
See, I disagree with this because there are people who actually like those characters. I think they should just be re-worked but w/e.

Slashy

Smash Lord
Im sure WW and Twilight Princess GC will blow Skyward Sword out of the water so Zelda can also be added to that list slashy. Also F-zero and StarFox as their wii editions are non-existent. Also IMO
Doubledash > than MKwii, hell Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 2 beat MP3 and other M. The only games series on wii that are better are Mario, Dk, and Kirby.
Tapping into third parties you forgot Sonic, Mega Man, (arguably) Fire Emblem, and arguably Animal Crossing.

There are only a select few characters who could be added to P:M without making the game feel like MUGEN.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I am sure that Nintendo will REALLY miss your purchase while a billion casual gamers snatch up the game, toss items at each other and LOL like mad at all the wacky hijinks.
This is why I'm saying people should act in groups. A single man can't do a difference. A group can. Part of our job is to integrate casual into our crew and make them hardcore.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
I would hate it no matter what. I ****ing LOVE Waluigi but i do not want him in the game. Same goes for every other character ever.
He already is.

I view additional characters as DLC: If balanced, well thought out, wanted, and free, why not?
And remember, this WHOLE GAME is unofficial, it is MADE of "fan characters." It would only make sense for the P:M team to fix Brawl's ****ty roster the same they're fixing its ****ty gameplay.
That said, there's only one character that I think deserves extra development time, the most obvious of all: Ridley. Most wanted, unlikely that Nintendo will give him to us, already has model, animations, announcer call. I'm only slightly against it because of the riots that would ensue from deciding his moeveset, and that adding just one would open the floodgates.
Or maybe Galleom…

And ROB was an ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE idea. It already had representation as (three different kinds of) enemies in Subspace, and the Ancient Minister could have turned out to be Skapon (which would make much more sense. WTF makes that ROB so much more important, and bigger?).
And before you argue that ROB deserves to be in because of its importance to Nintendo's history: It was already in as an enemy! It's role had already been acknowledged, and there was no one who cared it wasn't playable.
Not to mention the character ROB is in no way the peripheral ROB; the peripheral was a foot tall and made of plastic, the only similarity is in name, shape, and the Gyro (a single attack). Maybe if it had a moveset that wasn't pulled out of Sakurai's brain/*** (attacks with other hardware. Zapper, stylus, power glove. Final Smash = force enemies to play Virtual Boy?), then it wouldn't be such a worthless addition. But then it'd still be taking development time away from other, more deserving, more WANTED characters.
ROB is like the exact opposite of G&W. ROB bears only a superficial resemblance to a ROB, with all its attack just taken from generic ideas about robots, and was already on everyone's mind because SSE. G&W is a made-up character, but is both highly inventive and EVERY SINGLE ONE of his attacks comes from a game (almost all from different games, meaning maximal representation, not to mention movement, sounds, and stage), and everybody had forgotten Game and Watches existed meaning he was a great surprise.

So, it's been 5 days since Dant since teased us, and no follow-up. Why does he do this!?
Clearly, a wizard arrives precisely when he means to, but has no qualms about hype-mining before then…

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Lol. The simple fact that JCaesar likes ROB and plays well with him warrants leaving him there. I want to fight his ROB. I doN,t think Project M's goal is to use the clone engine and increase the roster, save MAYBE for old characters. I think their primary goal is to make Brawl competitive. Like all of you, I'd new new characters, but that is because we gamers are insatiable. But if they listen of each of our desires, Project M will never be done.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Is it possible to give ROB a second gyro? He had two for use in gyromite after all.

It'd be nice to use one for glide toss shenanigans while saving a full charge one for a kill shot.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Yeah, a guilty gear-like airdash that he can use to tech-chase. or move fast in the air.

Trust them, ROB seems pretty fun, despite him not being the kind of character I'd main. He sitll got Gyros and the laser.

Edit: I think I never saw the airdash be done more than twice in a row. There might be a limit in the current build, but I don't take my word for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom