• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Has the clone engine even been finished yet?
No, I don't believe so.
Is it possible to give ROB a second gyro? He had two for use in gyromite after all.

It'd be nice to use one for glide toss shenanigans while saving a full charge one for a kill shot.
Yes, you can make it so he can have more Gyros out at a time. I don't think it is possible to have each have a different stored charge time though.
Doesn't Rob have an airdash now?
Yes. upB and sideB are airdashes. You can only do 3 in the air. After that, he goes into "snake's special fall" IE: you can't airdodge but you can do specials and aerials.
Edit: I think I never saw the airdash be done more than twice in a row. There might be a limit in the current build, but I don't take my word for it.
Yep, 3 is the limit. You have to touch the ground to reset it.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Nice Monk, so it's a great techchase, yet can't be used to stall. Guys, I hated the idea of ROB in Brawl too, but the crew managed to make him fun. I see no reason in removing a character. Why would they reduce the content? That would make no sense.

Pyrax

Smash Cadet
Nice Monk, so it's a great techchase, yet can't be used to stall. Guys, I hated the idea of ROB in Brawl too, but the crew managed to make him fun. I see no reason in removing a character. Why would they reduce the content? That would make no sense.
In trolimars case that wouldn't be a bad idea considering hes going to be hard to work on and his overall gayness.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Lol, JCaesar, the second half was aimed at the anti-ROBs, not you :).

Edit: Olimar seems hard to salvage, but I also see no reason to remove him. He can be made better. it will be hard, but let them work on it before judging, XD.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
R.O.B. is literally THE reason why Nintendo is the company it is today. He's probably one of the most deserving characters in the game, and certainly more so than characters like Marth.
Know you're Nintendo history fools.

Early 1980's the videogame industry in North America crashed and most of the companies involved went bankrupt. Nintendo needed some unique gimmick to get investors and retailers in North America on their side with the hopeful launch of the NES. The introduction of R.O.B. was specifically designed to appeal to the North American market and without him there would have been no NES launch.

Utterrandomness

Smash Apprentice
I hope as many aspects as possible can remain of olimar's game. Obv the recovery will change, but hopefully he will have a similar game otherwise

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Lol, or maybe make the AI of the Pikmins smarter. Who knows. Although I don,t know Olimar much and I doN't know if that could matter.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
nah, the pikmin never really did stupid stuff (even if they did you just have to whistle). I suggested a long *** time ago that they should make the pikmin flowering actually do something but they said that would be really hard since they didn't know how that worked at all.

I think it would be cool if they made Olis jab combo the one he had in Pikmin 2.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
No, it's not. It's made of official characters that were in Brawl originally. They're just designed better.
They're redesigned, and thus no more "official" than Phoenix Mario or Max Onslaught Falcon. To say otherwise would be like saying P:M is "official," since it's made of the official Brawl engine, but designed better.
My argument was that that doesn't matter. Since this is a different game, with new creators, what's considered "official" should be shifted from content endorsed by Nintendo, to you guys.

**** you, ROB is awesome.
But I bet you wouldn't have said that four years ago. And if you really were a fan of ROB back then, I don't see how you're not upset over the fact he's playable in name only.
There's a difference between liking a character, and liking the playstyle Sakurai gave to a character.

I don't think anyone was arguing for not using all the vBrawl characters (other than Pyrax's trolling). I was just saying that there are are characters that Nintendo should not have included, or at least could have done well.

I think it would be cool if they made Olis jab combo the one he had in Pikmin 2.
It would definitely be cool.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
That sounds like a good jab idea. By that description, does that mean that the third jab would be having Olimar swinging further back or would his head grow or something?

So much for my pikmin laser jab idea. :c

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
Im sure WW and Twilight Princess GC will blow Skyward Sword out of the water so Zelda can also be added to that list slashy. Also F-zero and StarFox as their wii editions are non-existent. Also IMO
Doubledash > than MKwii, hell Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 2 beat MP3 and other M. The only games series on wii that are better are Mario, Dk, and Kirby.
How was Doubledash better than MKWii? It had more tracks, better graphics, more characters (not that it really matters in Mario Kart), and the ability to be hacked. At the end of the day it's your opinion, but whatever, personally I prefer it. The only thing that really bothered me was you saying Skyward Sword would be worse than WW or TP. You don't know that and neither do I until it comes out. Everyone said the same thing about WW with regards to MM and OoT before it came out and look at it now- you're now saying that it's a standard to hold future Zeldas to. I'm not going to say it will be the best Zelda ever, but I'm confident Nintendo isn't going to screw this up- after all, they do have a stock price to look after.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
How was Doubledash better than MKWii? It had more tracks, better graphics, more characters (not that it really matters in Mario Kart), and the ability to be hacked. At the end of the day it's your opinion, but whatever, personally I prefer it.
Funny how you bring up everything except the doubles system that makes Doubledash unique :troll:

Pyrax

Smash Cadet
They're redesigned, and thus no more "official" than Phoenix Mario or Max Onslaught Falcon. To say otherwise would be like saying P:M is "official," since it's made of the official Brawl engine, but designed better.
My argument was that that doesn't matter. Since this is a different game, with new creators, what's considered "official" should be shifted from content endorsed by Nintendo, to you guys.

But I bet you wouldn't have said that four years ago. And if you really were a fan of ROB back then, I don't see how you're not upset over the fact he's playable in name only.
There's a difference between liking a character, and liking the playstyle Sakurai gave to a character.

I don't think anyone was arguing for not using all the vBrawl characters (other than Pyrax's trolling). I was just saying that there are are characters that Nintendo should not have included, or at least could have done well.

It would definitely be cool.
Actually I was just trying to stir up talk about Olimar. I liked him in vbrawl but i rarely used him because of that stupid recovery.

Seikishidan Soru

Smash Journeyman
This is irrelevant. A similar argument could be made for C.Falcon before SSB and that wouldn't make sense either. Both owe the major part of their appeal to Smash rather than to their origins and there's nothing wrong with that.

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
This is irrelevant. A similar argument could be made for C.Falcon before SSB and that wouldn't make sense either. Both owe the major part of their appeal to Smash rather than to their origins and there's nothing wrong with that.
Really? I thought Captain Falcon owed a large part of his appeal to Kamen Rider.

C_Ferris32

Smash Journeyman
I agree. It's a shame though, I think Falcon deserves a much larger fan base from F-Zero X, which is just a damn awesome game.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I'm actually rather sad that I missed out on X. I just love F-Zero GX too much. Such a beautiful and awesome game. Where the hell is the Wii successor? >:c

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
F-Zero GX was also based partly on Melee. I remember reading stuff before the game came out and they said that they were inspired by the F-Zero cutscenes in Melee's intro and Adventure Mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom