• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Because we are making it really good. We don't know when we find these discoveries such as DI, Landing Detection, stale moves, etc. It will be done when we're done. :)

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Lol @ people who like Brawl's hit SFX

I mean come on.
The 'closed' sounds of Melee were much more satisfying and had much better treble/bass in comparison to Brawl's 'open' and practically ambient sounds.

Slashy

Smash Lord

I mean come on.
The 'closed' sounds of Melee were much more satisfying and had much better treble/bass in comparison to Brawl's 'open' and practically ambient sounds.
Brawl does seem to have better atmosphere than Melee.

bleyva

Smash Ace
Brawl does seem to have better atmosphere than Melee.
actually Brawl's atmosphere sucks, you float around and can barely hear any sounds of battle, it's like you're fighting on the moon.

Melee actually looks and sounds like it's based in reality.

D

Deleted member

What is the dev team's focus now that the big elephant of LD is out of the room?

Grapple fix and more character development?

BinAly

Smash Apprentice
Tech Rolls retaining momentum, ledge occupancy, ledge teching, etc.
Please, take as much time as you need before releasing the patch. It really needs to feel like Melee for us to convince people that this is a worthy replacement.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
The "completed" patch would be rather interesting to see.

Quotations because if you write completed and patch together, they don't seem to fit, do they? o.O
Grammar part took over.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
What Monkunit said. I'm willing to wait till winter of 2011 if that's how long it'll take to find ledge occupancy.
By that time more characters should be in. Although I must admit now that I know landing detection is fixed I don't want to play the current demo any longer. I don't want to get used to something that won't be around for long. So in the mean time I'll be playing melee to re-adjust ;)

Tech Rolls retaining momentum, ledge occupancy, ledge teching, etc.
landing detection + those minor but also major changes should make transferring from melee to melee 2.0 seem less like a change of games and more like a change of graphics.

I said years awhile ago that once this gets to the point when you pretty much can't tell the difference between games when playing more people(even hardened melee players will have to re-evaluate their standpoint) I mean saying melee can't be replaced is like saying pretty much anything material can't be replaced.

For example your car. Even if you get the top notch best care ever right now. 10 years from now even though you still like it and it's a very good care. You have the chance to upgrade to something exactly like it with more features and overall even better....it would be stupid to turn that down.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium

I mean come on.
Japanese SSB64 sounds or gtfo.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I can see no reason why the project can't be the best smash game of all time.

Imagine a world where they make SSB4 and nobody buys it because M is better. Mmmm... M.
Nah, then we **** that game and takes it's good stuff (stages ATs characters) and make melee 3.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Though, I'd have to say that US SSB64 hit SFX are almost nonsensical but it's their comical, cartoony style (along with everything else in that game including the ridiculous proportions on all of the characters) that's made them stick to me forever, heh.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Honestly, if the clone engine and model importer are perfected along with fully threshed out stage hacking (being able to add hurtboxes and damage collisions to stages), why would we even need SSB4 save for maybe better graphics unless the team can transform that into PM2/Melee 3 in a short amount of time?

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Because improting random models is gay? IDK, i ****ing hate MUGEN, I don't want this to be that. I'd rather only import the characters that are the next smash and thats it. No Shadow, Cloud, and Ryu. Bleck.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, if the clone engine and model importer are perfected along with fully threshed out stage hacking (being able to add hurtboxes and damage collisions to stages), why would we even need SSB4 save for maybe better graphics unless the team can transform that into PM2/Melee 3 in a short amount of time?
Progress in respective game hacking?

Base engines of consoles and games?

You could feasibly make the argument that P:M would be better suited as a mod based off Melee because the engine would be better. Conversely, you could say that hacking Brawl is better b/c there are more developments via insight in Brawl hacking.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong.

Brawl/Wii use 30 FPS and Melee/GC use 60 FPS right?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I'm pretty sure they're both 60FPS. Just look at Super Mario Galaxy, one of the smoothest games on the console.

Because improting random models is gay? IDK, i ****ing hate MUGEN, I don't want this to be that. I'd rather only import the characters that are the next smash and thats it. No Shadow, Cloud, and Ryu. Bleck.
The point I was getting at is bolded. We'd basically get the benefits of the sequel without having to re-hack everything again (although SSB4's hacking scene is going to move so much faster with the current userbase for Brawl hacking). The same would go for stage hacking.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Something tells me that alot of people will stay with brawl (pm or not) due to the ******** amount of custumization (read: hacks) it has.

And Etwist, Mugen is a fighting engine, not a game. it's to fighters what rpgmaker is to rpgs. Unfortunately only few people actually use it for it's intended use these days.
Still, it's only as balanced or broken as you want it to be.

D

Deleted member

Nvm. I found the frame rates for Brawl and Melee.

A friend of mine told me they weren't the same and I've been skeptical of his claim.

They are equal at 60 FPS for NTSC.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Card Sagas Wars, heh. Pretty amazing little fighter with an awesome art style made from the M.U.G.E.N. engine.

But yeah, transferring to SSB4 will be really tough if the gameplay is no good. Customization has pretty much made me not care much for Brawl's really shoddy single player content and PM has gotten me past its (personally) unenjoyable competitive play.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Nah, then we **** that game and takes it's good stuff (stages ATs characters) and make melee 3.
Agreed

I don't mind any character getting in but we'll have to have a team to control the "official" characters along with "official" stages.....rules...etc. As long as the character is fair i wouldn't mind.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Something tells me that alot of people will stay with brawl (pm or not) due to the ******** amount of custumization (read: hacks) it has.

And Etwist, Mugen is a fighting engine, not a game. it's to fighters what rpgmaker is to rpgs. Unfortunately only few people actually use it for it's intended use these days.
Still, it's only as balanced or broken as you want it to be.
I know what Mugen is. Most of the players that play mugen are casual people who don't even care if the characters look ******** fighting each other.

That has been in production for how long now? W/e, it still doesn't look legit to me. And I'm a fighting game enthusiast. It looks better than most though, I'm still gonna try it out, hopefully it's good. The scrubbyness of new fgs nowadays is pissing me off.
I don't mind any character getting in but we'll have to have a team to control the "official" characters along with "official" stages.....rules...etc. As long as the character is fair i wouldn't mind.
As long as the custom characters stay the **** out of competitive play idc. I don't know why but non-official characters turn me off.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I know what Mugen is. Most of the players that play mugen are casual people who don't even care if the characters look ******** fighting each other.

That has been in production for how long now? W/e, it still doesn't look legit to me. And I'm a fighting game enthusiast. It looks better than most though, I'm still gonna try it out, hopefully it's good. The scrubbyness of new fgs nowadays is pissing me off.

As long as the custom characters stay the **** out of competitive play idc. I don't know why but non-official characters turn me off.
I personally view some official characters in melee and in brawl as non-official because to me they don't belong. Characters like ****ing R.O.B....wtf is that ****. and I'll never forget when I finally unlocked Mr.GayManWatch....all that **** for that piece of **** 2d ****ing ******. I was mad for days. About as mad as I was when I saw DBZ the movie...smh

Perhaps your looking at it the wrong way. Lets say they added a legit Waluigi to the game? Also Grayfox, Ridley, Tails/knuckles/shadow/eggman...etc, The Black Knight(fire emblem), Additional Pokemon....you get what I'm saying.

I would get kind of annoyed as a greater number of stupid anime nerds or other fighting game fans flooding the game with characters that have no business in smash. Lets take a Peter Griffin for example....I would for sure refuse to play the game if he was allowed in it.

However there are some characters that would fit in and perhaps already should be in a smash game by now because they are related to the current roster somehow; Those I listed and a few more I could accept no problem as long as they were balanced versions. Why should I not?

Kati

Smash Lord
. Although I must admit now that I know landing detection is fixed I don't want to play the current demo any longer. I don't want to get used to something that won't be around for long. So in the mean time I'll be playing melee to re-adjust ;)

this... me and I friends really have no interest playing the demo as it has less characters and an outdated form of landing detection. I can't convince them to bother learning the technical aspects of the game if they know that they will have to relearn how to l-cancel within a few months.

but at least there are other forms of smash, be it 64, melee, or +. Waiting isn't impossible, but I feel the patch only needed landing detection to justify its release.

Good luck with the ledge snapping though! that seems like the biggest issue.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I would hate it no matter what. I ****ing LOVE Waluigi but i do not want him in the game. Same goes for every other character ever.
well you can't always get what you want. If we did...project Melee wouldn't exist :). If for some reason a few characters were added to the roster are you saying you'd quit?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I don't think you have to worry about non-Smash characters ever being officially included in Project M...

Slashy

Smash Lord
I want megaman, bowser jr., knuckles, tails and krystal to project M.

Please :(
To make you feel better those characters have one signifcant benefit that would make them more likely to be accepted....announcer calls.

There are only 14 extra characters that should even be CONSIDERED for Project:M

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
I personally view some official characters in melee and in brawl as non-official because to me they don't belong. Characters like ****ing R.O.B....wtf is that ****. and I'll never forget when I finally unlocked Mr.GayManWatch....all that **** for that piece of **** 2d ****ing ******. I was mad for days. About as mad as I was when I saw DBZ the movie...smh

GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT! R.O.B. was a NES peripheral! Mr Game And Watch was one of Nintendo's first forays into portable gaming! I've actually PLAYED with these things before!

This had better be a joke I'm reading!

In other news, more like Project: MUGEN if we add more characters.

I don't think you have to worry about non-Smash characters ever being officially included in Project M...
I think this is a good policy to take. 1 Sonic is enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom