• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
We promised no to say, but the stream showed something that will not disapoint. A very likely future blog post :). Hype, men.

And the new Pit up air is crazy. You can loop and even use it for a quick ledge grab.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I saw the stream...and I never made such promises... :p

But I'm not going to ruin the fun, so I won't say anything about that... ;)

Anyway, on another note: Pit's up-B doesn't even have a wind-box? It should at least have that, since the current start-up animation is the same.

So, the DI issue is purely from how DI is read by the control stick? If not, couldn't you simply make all attacks have slightly smaller, maximum, trajectory angles to accomodate for any increased amount of DI?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Err, DI got completely fixed save for SDI being capable of triggering wall collisions. It's in one of the blogposts. And that's more than just how the control stick is read (it's now radial like Melee's rather than additive like Brawl's) and the maximum trajectory. Double Stick DI and DI while not in tumble are both fixed.

GaretHax

Smash Journeyman
Bahahaha nicew spin-off of the godfather logo. Actually very nice really. Kudos XD (It's late and I might have gotten names mixed up, but I recognize the reference and will figure out exactly what it is at some point (that is if it isn't the godfather...) Neon Genesis Evangelion I knew I recognized it from somthing. Been a long time since I watched that series. weird ending tho...

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Bahahaha nicew spin-off of the godfather logo. Actually very nice really. Kudos XD (It's late and I might have gotten names mixed up, but I recognize the reference and will figure out exactly what it is at some point (that is if it isn't the godfather...)
Nothing to do with the god father, it's an Evangelion reference.

V-K

Smash Ace
I don't get why everyone puts the vids on streams. The quality blows *** and there is a 90% chance that you will miss them if you come here as often as I do.
Youtube guys!

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Well, I did put up one stream on to my youtube account pretty recently (very nice quality and fps). I don't usually put my streams up on youtube afterward because it's quite a bit of work to do so. I have to cut out matches with characters that aren't ready for youtube and split the stream into ten minute chunks afterwards.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
what does it mean to say DI is now radial instead of additive?
It used to be that DIing to the upper-right would give you 100% right DI and 100% up DI. I can kinda see how it could be called additive, but it's complicated, and I'd just call it rectangular.
It has now been fixed so that it gives ~70.7% right DI and ~70.7% up DI. It's radial because now no DI strength can go beyond 100%, thus the control-stick forms a circle of radius 100%.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
It used to be that DIing to the upper-right would give you 100% right DI and 100% up DI. I can kinda see how it could be called additive, but it's complicated, and I'd just call it rectangular.
It has now been fixed so that it gives ~70.7% right DI and ~70.7% up DI. It's radial because now no DI strength can go beyond 100%, thus the control-stick forms a circle of radius 100%.
By radial, you can also think radius. In other words, you can only DI in a circular boundary, kinda. Non-radial is as he said, kind of like in a rectangle. The strenght of both directions' DI is added on top of one another, making diagonal DI unrealistically strong. The radial DI removes that broken feature and brings it back up to par with Melee, where no matter the direction, you can only DI at the same strenght. You can't "cheat" physics.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Don't forget, Pit is still a work in progress. Nothing is set in stone.

what does it mean to say DI is now radial instead of additive?
The stick functions as a unit circle now (like in Melee) instead of a square (like in Brawl).

I don't get why everyone puts the vids on streams. The quality blows *** and there is a 90% chance that you will miss them if you come here as often as I do.
Youtube guys!
It's not always an option, at least for me. My high-speed internet access is pretty limited.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Yeah. JCaesar and Count Kaiser did mention "New Pit", meaning that this one hasn't been fully playtested yet, I gather. Just come to the streams and join the party guys, if you can.

Eccentricities

Smash Rookie
I've been lurking this thread for a few months, the development of this project is turning out great.

Can't wait until a patch with corrected landing detection values is released.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Watching JCaesar's stream was fun! It was also really funy when everbody's attention turned to Yink :awesome:
Let's summarize how it went. She knows people, including me from several years ago, so we talked to her. Then she said she was a girl at some point and people went "OMG, gurl! Hawt! :love: ". Following this, the average IQ level of the chat went down dramatically.

And yeah, I've been convincing her to go check the streams to see her main in action, Ness :ness: , So I also asked JCaesar to show her the new mechanics. If you're nice and polite to JCaesar, he usually replies in kind. After seeing Ness, she looked like she was on cocaine. Hooked it you ask me.

Just saying, most gamer girls would find that insulting. They like to be treated on equal grounds, and are easily turned off when they get a lot of attention just because they game, XD. Heck, going easy on them hurts their pride as gamers.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Though seriously, I wish I could watch the streams. I'm really wanting to see what's going on with Pit. A friend of mine got to play a full build once... with old Pit. Though oddly, his immediate thought (which is odd, because he prefers Brawl to Melee) was that Pit didn't feel like he belonged in Melee. Also he really didn't like how gliding was initiated.

Nice to hear that Pit's looking awesome now. Are there any vids of new Pit on youtube yet?

Pyrax

Smash Cadet
Though seriously, I wish I could watch the streams. I'm really wanting to see what's going on with Pit. A friend of mine got to play a full build once... with old Pit. Though oddly, his immediate thought (which is odd, because he prefers Brawl to Melee) was that Pit didn't feel like he belonged in Melee. Also he really didn't like how gliding was initiated.

Nice to hear that Pit's looking awesome now. Are there any vids of new Pit on youtube yet?
When Pit is released don't play with him. All you guys did was mock him for having no balls, Pit is reserved for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom