• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
People not knowing Yink is a girl.

Wow.

Melee kids :troll:.
In all fairness, "Yink" doesn't sound girly whatsoever haha.

But yeah Ness looks good, nice job guys. I enjoyed seeing him, the other characters (lol Zelda) and Fourside.

I'd watch again. :)

Vigilante

Smash Lord
OMFG! Gurl!!!!!1 (Joke)

Cool, I'll link you if I catch them. And yeah, most people think you're a Young Link main, XD

Ecks

Smash Lord
Wait so what does Pit's ub do again? Is it just another jump? that seems kinda...unimaginative.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Ecks, he already has 6 jumps pluse multiple glide inputs. He doesn't need to be able to fly around the stage like he can in brawl with his upB. His upB is going to be made into a simple attack.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Ecks, he already has 6 jumps pluse multiple glide inputs. He doesn't need to be able to fly around the stage like he can in brawl with his upB. His upB is going to be made into a simple attack.
So His current Up B is just there "for now", if I read correctly.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Yink is cool people. But I'm surprised that she's not a mod anymore. :0

I really need to make it to MW:W some time to hang out with all them.

Ecks

Smash Lord
I don't want him to have more jumps at all. I just wanted to know what was planned for it since I've no idea what it currently does (and leaving it like it is seems wierd what with the glide and all). And yeah, new side b is awesome.

Edit: Oh, it's placeholder. nevermind.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
No it's not. He had 3 jumps in Brawl and he currently has 6. But I won't speculate on what Shell's plans are.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
No it's not. He had 3 jumps in Brawl and he currently has 6. But I won't speculate on what Shell's plans are.
He has 3 DOUBLE-jumps in vBrawl (so 4 altogether, including the grounded jump), IIRC. Does that mean that he how has 6 double-jumps, so 7 altogether (which is more than anyone else now), or are you just mistaking and mixing up the terms?

Ecks

Smash Lord
He probably has six jumps because of stronger gravity and because shell may want to do something else with his up b.

Revven

FrankerZ
I think JCaesar is counting the ground jump, I'm quite sure Pit only has 5 double jumps. Which means only two more jumps were added to Pit.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I wish Project Melee made Sheik's Fair sound like it does in Melee with the swosh sound and the THUMP sound when it connects

ahhh

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Considering I've seen absolutely no hacks done for replacing common hit sounds, I might look into it myself seeing as I have been reading through stickman's sound replacement guide quite a bit.

mugwhump

Smash Journeyman
^well, Dantarion's almost got his Custom Sound Engine ironed out, so that should be possible soon.

Personally I like Brawl's SFX a lot better. Actually they've gotten better with every smash.

BinAly

Smash Apprentice
So, mates, I've been playing the DEMO for the entire weekend, and will be playing a lot more tomorrow.

I plan to post some impressions at monday.

Just a question: At the character write-up for C-Falcon at your site, you guys say that after a connection from the mighty Knee, pressing Up-Taunt does something.
We did not manage to reproduce it.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Just a question: At the character write-up for C-Falcon at your site, you guys say that after a connection from the mighty Knee, pressing Up-Taunt doesn't something.
We did not manage to reproduce it.
he says YESZ

But yeah, Marths tipper sounds are sooooo good. Falcons sounds **** his new ones too.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Personally I like Brawl's SFX a lot better. Actually they've gotten better with every smash.
I'd disagree to some extent. Electric sounds are way too loud. Fire sounds in Melee were really good although Brawl did nicely by making them a bit louder. Brawl's common physical hit sounds completely lack the "Oomph" behind them that all of Melee's had from the "THUMP" on Falcon's Knee and Sheik's slap to the "THACK" from Mario's Fair to Ganondorf's Bair. Don't forget the replacement of Melee's high knockback flying sound with the annoying delayed wind noise. Of course, 64 didn't need it because it had the best audience clips.

Also, Brawl's common sword hit sounds (especially Marth's specific sword swing sounds) are absolute ****, no debate. Link's and Tink's swings are ok though. 64 personally did the best in this category.

Brawl did add a lot of other sounds to make each character feel more unique which is, for the most part, pretty good save for some things like how loud Fox's dash sound (amongst other added sounds he makes) is to dumb things like how Yoshi sounds like a rubber duck. And maybe it's just nostalgia getting to me but I liked the 64/Melee PSI sounds so much more.

Oh and finally, 64 is uncontested for most ridiculously violent sounding Ray Gun ever. I ****ing love it and I hate how weak sounding it is in both Melee and Brawl.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
The biggest problem with barlwl SFX is that the whiff SFX are too loud and the on hit SFX have no low-end, such that landing a hit doesn't produce a very satisfying sound compared to whiffing.

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
Why doesn't someone make a BRSAR with all the best of the brawl, melee, and 64 sound effects?

Again, I think something like that should be kept optional, but it should DEFINITELY exist, because it's awesome. Remember, a good goal is to keep the total download size as small as possible to make it easy for people to try this out.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
The move clash sound and Snake's general sounds are quite exaggerated imo.

general eletric sounds are horrible. I like many of Brawl SFX, but some that should be the best, like Falcon's Knee, just plain suck.

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
Don't worry. I'm pretty sure that was a goal that was made a long time ago
I worry.

Regardless, could we have a little less discussion about which sound effects suck and a little more BRSAR editing? Anyone could do it.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Ike's cannon sword sounds should be left intact though, those are the ONLY ones I like. Oh and Metaknight's, they're cool too.
I do quite like the whoosh sounds from Ike's swings along with the crazy hit sounds. He aesthetically matches what he advertises.
I worry.

Regardless, could we have a little less discussion about which sound effects suck and a little more BRSAR editing? Anyone could do it.
stickman's sound replacement guide. I've been reading into it and I was interested in getting Melee Mario and an M&L SSS Luigi. I actually got really far into the process with replacing some of Toon Link's sounds with others from Wind Waker, but I miscalculated original sound lengths so I dropped it. I mostly understand how to do it though so I could always look into common sound effect replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom