• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanus

Smash Hero
.....Anyway, how is Ike coming along? Any sort of Ike/Roy merging going on? Or will Ike remain mostly intact? The Brawl+ Ike looks pretty good from what I see in streams.

Ike with l canceling! Can't wait. :bee:
The ike you see in streams is not based off of B+

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
The ike you see in streams is not based off of B+
So then the one I see in streams is a new build? Glad to see that lol So many characters seem to be temporary Brawl+ characters that I developed that misconception.

My b. Care to explain what kind of changes Ike has gone through?

Pen_island

Smash Cadet
ZSS looks like crazy fun! The way she combos looks really sick. She seems kinda OP, but when you think about it every melee high/top tier is OP in some way. Its the brokeness that makes those characters fun lol.

ajajayjay

Smash Journeyman
I thought the same thing when I first layed eyes on lucas. I think its because characters seem way better when you don't yet know the extent of their abilities.

but yeah, zss is a speed demon, and that whip reminds me of marth's sword. pretty bad recovery though

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
plus you gotta give us credit for making the characters look good... you see how everyone thought snake was OP initially because of what we can do with him but once that demo came out I haven't heard that since

ajajayjay

Smash Journeyman
hmm. that MUST explain why I thought that EVERY SINGLE character sneak ever used was waaaaaaay overpowered. Now I know; sneak is just god status. I mean isai status.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
plus you gotta give us credit for making the characters look good... you see how everyone thought snake was OP initially because of what we can do with him but once that demo came out I haven't heard that since
lol this

so much "Snake is OP!" was going on, and now many people think he is one of the bottom characters in the Demo

ajajayjay

Smash Journeyman
I always had this nagging thought that that was how it should have been in melee, since its a yoyo, and in theory should be able to go a long time and still keep its spin. plus the yoyo's sucked in melee; if it had could continue charging, i thought it would be useful at least as an edgeguard tool. maybe not really necessary now, because they have some kind of kill power, but it always bugged me.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
I'm not a fan of using 64 moves. Most moves in 64 come out really fast and it takes away from the powerful feel of the move visually. That happened with Ness uair from melee to brawl. In melee, there's a slight pause before he throws his head forward. It looks so good. In brawl he just summersaults.

Compare DK and Yoshi's fair and Ness' dair in 64 and brawl. In 64 the moves just happen, in brawl the windup makes them look hefty.

Starscream

Smash Ace
64 haters gonna hate.

I'd love P:M to use even more 64 moves. Why should we only throwback to Melee when 64 had so much awesome in it?

Give Link 64 DA.
Give Ganon CF's 64 USmash.

Do itttt.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Damn I missed the stream!

I already suggested ganon with falcon's 64 usmash but I was told it wasn't gonna happen. :(

Starscream

Smash Ace
They weren't serious suggestions since I know they will be shot down anyways, but it would still be pretty sweet.

The more throwbacks to 64 the better.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Sneak please tell me you'll upload those ness videos when you get the chance.

And ZSS looks so legit right now! She was the brawl character I was most excited about back in the day.

ZetTroxX

Smash Journeyman
Is there already something like a tier list for the finished characters? Zelda seems very strong, I´m playing a 99er vs a Lv 9 Zelda and holy crap, wtf is wrong with her :D

Ecks

Smash Lord
There is none and probably won't be an official tier list for the demo.

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
Just want to remind you all that the ness shown in the stream was a highly untested and prototype build, so it's subject to change.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
No tier list will be with the demo, just people have voiced their opinions of who is better. Like I think Fox is still the best character, and Ganon is the worst in the demo. Even though he may be the worst he is still completely viable, so there is no point of even discussing it.

Ecks

Smash Lord
I personally think Ganon is a monster in pm. I didn't like him in Melee but damn he ***** hard in P:M.

@Jiang does that mean no public Ness vids from this stream? :(

Edit: lol the only thing I could catch from the stream was that Sneak and I have the same css song. bad interwebs ftl

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
I just feel he lacks the mobility of the other characters in the demo, but he has the power to compensate i guess.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
What? Ganon has always lacked mobility, Bestness. How does that make him worse than characters he was already better than in the demo?

Like Link. Mario and Zelda are debatable now, IMO.

I think he's clearly better than Link, Lucas and Snake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom