• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
i feel that GW is the worst, he is still rediculously light. Try playing against marth on yoshi's island melee...
Who cares if you're light when you can combo into a killing aerial that rivals the knee in power.

G&W is good. Real good. Techchasing, combos, etc up the hizzouse. His weight is a drawback, but saying G&W is bad in PM is like saying Jiggly is bad in Melee.

The ups HEAVILY outweigh the downs.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
What? Ganon has always lacked mobility, Bestness. How does that make him worse than characters he was already better than in the demo?

Like Link. Mario and Zelda are debatable now, IMO.

I think he's clearly better than Link, Lucas and Snake.
I know he's always lacked mobility, i'm saying that it shows more now than it did before, because the characters in the demo from melee, Falcon, Falco, Fox, Shiek were all inherently better in melee and had better mobility already. Mario, Zelda and Link received buffs that remedied the reasons why they were worse than Ganon in Melee, alot of which where in inherant flaws and not mobility per say. Ganon recieved buffs too, but of the characters in the demo he seems to have the least mobility(save maybe snake), which to me means he can be outmanuvered quite easily.

Link also has bad mobility, but it isn't as much of a problem with him because he can control space to limit other peoples mobility, same applies with zelda with her new dins fire.

Ganon just seems more limited to me than the others in the demo and thus why i think he may be the least good of the bunch. But like i said he is competent so there isn't really a problem, he can compete and that is all that matters.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
I know people who think that Snake is OP or top tier. I personally think that he's incredible good, but OP is an overstatement.

Ganon lacks mobility, but he can create a big wall of high priority, very powerful hitboxes around him, he can't reset his position very well with his jab and can **** you with any read, Ganon hits you 4 times and you have - half a stock.

G&W is very, very light, the second lightest character, but he's almost as strong as Ganondorf and has a very big range in many attacks helped by disjointed hitboxes on all attacks, nice mobility with WD e good comboing.
He's like one of the few characters that can compete in range with Ganon and Marth.

It doesn't matter how much I examine, I always find the characters to have a great balancing between advantages and disadvantages.

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
After playing a lot, I think marth needs more kill moves. I've gotten opponents up to 170% and been able to combo the **** out of them, but marth can't kill if he can't land one of his kill moves, and nearly all of those are ground based, and more or less easily avoided.

Played back and forth marth versus ganondorf mostly, and a few other characters, and marth just kept losing. My buddy and I kept trading back and forth with marth. I'm a marth main from melee, brawl, and brawl+, and I could kill more easily in all of those than here. It just seems like marth lost a lot of the power he had in melee. I have not pulled out melee yet to do a more close comparison, but I think this is worth looking into.

Revven

FrankerZ
After playing a lot, I think marth needs more kill moves. I've gotten opponents up to 170% and been able to combo the **** out of them, but marth can't kill if he can't land one of his kill moves, and nearly all of those are ground based, and more or less easily avoided.

Played back and forth marth versus ganondorf mostly, and a few other characters, and marth just kept losing. My buddy and I kept trading back and forth with marth. I'm a marth main from melee, brawl, and brawl+, and I could kill more easily in all of those than here. It just seems like marth lost a lot of the power he had in melee. I have not pulled out melee yet to do a more close comparison, but I think this is worth looking into.
Everything about Marth is Melee, this includes KB. Marth has always had trouble killing, even in Melee.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
@Vig: Not really. If you're playing the AI, you'd be dividing by zero..........
Hope you guys will find what works and what doesn't for that odd Ness build.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
@Vig: Not really. If you're playing the AI, you'd be dividing by zero..........
Hope you guys will find what works and what doesn't for that odd Ness build.
Soviet Russia does it.

Jokes aside, what I meant is that a huge influence in how good he is is your ability to trap opponents and control the terrain. Those who are not used to this kind of combat style will think he's OP.

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
Did a ton of testing in training mode. None of his aerials, save for his spike are kill moves until very high percentages (high 100s, low 200s). None of his ground moves kill below 100% except fully charged up or forward smashes at the tip. His up B cannot kill unless you are directly next to them, and even then it is spotty.

You mention fixed DI? Will this help marth kill? How exactly?

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I can't play Marth because of the sound effects of his sword. I have no idea why. I think it's because I usually hit confirm if I hit a tipper or not by the sound.

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
Like, exactly like melee.
This is acceptable. I cannot wait for the patch. In the meantime I will be holding off on Marth and probably moving to my other mains.

EDIT: Snake, his DACUS. I think it's nice that you cannot slide back and forth across the stage launching mortars all the time now, thanks to the new physics, but the window on it should just be a tiny bit wider. It's very very difficult to pull off, almost frame perfect precision is required. I can sometimes manage to slide back and forth with it, but I botch it more than half the time. Can anything be done about this?

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I for one like it being frame 1.

Also, has any P:M Falco main begun to implement DACUS into his game? I'm trying to while I'm simultaneously learning Melee Falco and it seems really good.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
*EDIT* WHOA THERE WERE MORE PAGES

First time I`ve done this on a thread that isn`t the Pit social.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
I've put Falco's Dacus in my arsenal. Buffered one is a bit easier to do for me though.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
This is acceptable. I cannot wait for the patch. In the meantime I will be holding off on Marth and probably moving to my other mains.

EDIT: Snake, his DACUS. I think it's nice that you cannot slide back and forth across the stage launching mortars all the time now, thanks to the new physics, but the window on it should just be a tiny bit wider. It's very very difficult to pull off, almost frame perfect precision is required. I can sometimes manage to slide back and forth with it, but I botch it more than half the time. Can anything be done about this?
It tool me ten mins to get down and I haven't played Brawl in forever. I thinks it's something that's suppose to be hard to learn (thankfully I played Snake in Brawl like every other Melee Falcon.)

Revven

FrankerZ
His jump start was made faster which affects DACUS timing... so unless you want him to jump SLOWER then I think it's a fair trade off tbh.

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
Also, has any P:M Falco main begun to implement DACUS into his game? I'm trying to while I'm simultaneously learning Melee Falco and it seems really good.
Yep. I've found it to have its uses, but at the same time there's usually something among Melee Falco's bread and butter options that can work just a well if not better than DACUS. But it's good to throw in every now and again.

IAPs I would think may have better application, but I have yet to perfect it on 0 buffer and it may not be (as) effective once landing detection is figured out.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
i see.....although i do recall this happening alot even before the implementation of ASDI?

Edit: holy ****....i should have refreshed lol

Revven

FrankerZ
i see.....although i do recall this happening alot even before the implementation of ASDI?
No... if you did it was only aerially, as ASDI was disabled while the character is on the ground. I.E: You couldn't ASDI down a Jigglypuff Rest while standing on the ground and tech.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
hmm..so is it currently easier to ASDI tech because of landing detection? (somehow)

same potency as melee?

Revven

FrankerZ
hmm..so is it currently easier to ASDI tech because of landing detection? (somehow)

same potency as melee?
It's the same potency as Melee, if it weren't Magus would have fixed that lol. It's not any "easier" either, it was easy to do in Melee! I did it all the time on accident before I even knew what it was back in '05 when I played Melee every day.

Now you might tech sooner because of landing detection but that has no bearing on difficulty... with or without that fixed it is easy to do.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Yep. I've found it to have its uses, but at the same time there's usually something among Melee Falco's bread and butter options that can work just a well if not better than DACUS. But it's good to throw in every now and again.

IAPs I would think may have better application, but I have yet to perfect it on 0 buffer and it may not be (as) effective once landing detection is figured out.
Hands off his caramel chocolate.

I'm liking the new squirtle stuff that I saw last night. Sneak has a beast ness. Ness looks really fun with all the new stuff he's getting. And lol @ troll falco from last night.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Are there going to be any changes (other than bug fixes) to the existing characters of the demo in the next patch? Also, is it possible to get Link's boomerang come back after being hit, like in Melee? It usually just collides with my opponent's moves. Or is this a Brawl kind of issue because I know it was like that in Brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom