• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Link got a new running animation. :D

Did pkt1 got a speed up? Sneak wasn't having the best time recovering there.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
practice helps... some people should try it before asking for changes
I wasn't complaining about dramatic changes or "gimme buffs/nerf that character cuz im bad." I just wanted to know about just more general stuff like animation changes or frame/hitbox fixes. Besides, I didn't ask for any changes, I just wanted to know if there would be any.

Perhaps I should be more specific when I want to be general.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
I wasn't complaining about dramatic changes or "gimme buffs/nerf that character cuz im bad." I just wanted to know about just more general stuff like animation changes or frame/hitbox fixes. Besides, I didn't ask for any changes, I just wanted to know if there would be any.

Perhaps I should be more specific when I want to be general.

I had these in mind when i posted it

After playing a lot, I think marth needs more kill moves. I've gotten opponents up to 170% and been able to combo the **** out of them, but marth can't kill if he can't land one of his kill moves, and nearly all of those are ground based, and more or less easily avoided.

Played back and forth marth versus ganondorf mostly, and a few other characters, and marth just kept losing. My buddy and I kept trading back and forth with marth. I'm a marth main from melee, brawl, and brawl+, and I could kill more easily in all of those than here. It just seems like marth lost a lot of the power he had in melee. I have not pulled out melee yet to do a more close comparison, but I think this is worth looking into.
This is acceptable. I cannot wait for the patch. In the meantime I will be holding off on Marth and probably moving to my other mains.

EDIT: Snake, his DACUS. I think it's nice that you cannot slide back and forth across the stage launching mortars all the time now, thanks to the new physics, but the window on it should just be a tiny bit wider. It's very very difficult to pull off, almost frame perfect precision is required. I can sometimes manage to slide back and forth with it, but I botch it more than half the time. Can anything be done about this?
A couple other posts also. Wasn't really talking to you. I was making more of a general statement to those who cry for change because they can't pull off certain things or because they just aren't good enough with a certain character.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
A couple other posts also. Wasn't really talking to you. I was making more of a general statement to those who cry for change because they can't pull off certain things or because they just aren't good enough with a certain character.
Odd timing I suppose. Haha.

EDIT: On MetaRoy's tipper system, which moves will receive the tippers? Just non-specials? I'm really interested in this new MK.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
so Ganon/Link got a new run animations......i also wouldn't mind Wolf/ Lucario/ (Samus?) getting one. they don't have to be like complete overhauls, just some tweaks that will make them look less....funky

like Link's vBrawl run......it looked like he broke his lower back. I've yet to see his new run animation but i'm most certain u guys made it look awesome

also, i still have my fingers crossed for Melee fox stance......his brawl stance just looks so awful >< (and ofcourse none of this is a priority atm)

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
also, i still have my fingers crossed for Melee fox stance......his brawl stance just looks so awful >< (and ofcourse none of this is a priority atm)
That's probably why I see so few Foxes. Or maybe it's because spacies can be hard to play as. Either or.

StarshipGroove

Smash Journeyman
You guys could create new animations for Wolf's second jump, since the development team got lazy and simpy reused his ground jump animations...

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
i'm gonna change the titles... i'm just uploading everything while im playing mvc3, so i don't have to retype the name i copy and pasted when i recorded it. I just copy and paste so the name "project m, sneak, and ewb" are already there then i edit whats inside the ( ).

Ecks

Smash Lord
You can see Link's new run animation at the match that starts at 42:06 on sneak's stream. You have to pay close attention since there's barely any running in the match. I don't remember if it gets shown earlier or later in the stream.

btw here's the link to sneak's stream: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/13348189

Edit: Is there even any way to make Kirby's down b good? I really can't think of anything.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I can't think of anything for Kirby's stone either.
Brawl's version is a step up considering it's reduced lag on exit.

I would just stick to the Brawl version.

Any less lag and it would probably be too spammable.

Edit: Maybe more shield damage depending on the time spent in the air to deter shield grabs???

ajajayjay

Smash Journeyman
it'd be cool if kirby copied down special as well when he inhaled. but that sounds like a ****load of animation work for a weird idea.

if kirby needed a little more work, it'd be cool if down-b actually hit opponents downwards. thats the only way I could see it being usable.

Ecks

Smash Lord
@Sneak

Probably won't but you can't blame him for wanting the move to be useful. It's kinda like that psi magnet discussion a few pages back.

Revven

FrankerZ
Down B is good enough right now, trust me. Kirby as a whole right now is a really good character.

And I state once again that not every move needs to be useful. It affects balance, having a bad move or a "not useful move" is apart of what makes a character.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
yea but he doesnt really need it... even if it was useful most likely you wouldnt use it because other options would be better/have more uses in more situations so the move will still seem useless because it will be less useful than other options

Winnar

Smash Lord
Hey here's a question, do falco's lasers have more hitstun in PM than in melee? A friend was playing falco and ended up doing standing lasers against my sheik and I almost couldn't jump out of them, it was really weird.

I guess I could have shielded then jumped, but it was never necessary in melee except as like...link or someone

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
You go into HardLanding after getting hit by a laser rather than Wait. That's probably why there's more "stun"; it has since been fixed.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Man, Link would die for Marth's Fsmash.

...At stupidly low percents.
Yeah... not to be that guy or anything but I think Mario or Falco would have been better examples than Link who actually has a decent recovery and the extra weight to give him more survivability. He could easily survive an fsmash up until mid to upper mid percents.

Though it is relative to the stage.

Is it just me, or do glancing blows seem to happen more often than in vBrawl?
Yeah, do you think its possible to make glancing blows register as hits? Phantoms and glancing blows are just dumb.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Yeah... not to be that guy or anything but I think Mario or Falco would have been better examples than Link who actually has a decent recovery and the extra weight to give him more survivability. He could easily survive an fsmash up until mid to upper mid percents.
Not in Melee if you were in the air when you got tippered. You could easily die at like, 30% or something ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom