• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

.Marik

is a social misfit
This sounds great, although I'm perfectly content with the current NSAT (sp?) version.

Can't wait to get my Wii hacked, I raged when 5ive told me my SD reader wasn't allowing Brawl+ to be downloaded.

Brawl- sounds great, too.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Yeah, this^^

And just telling you guys, moonwalking is the most useless technique that Falcon has. If you wanna make him good give his nair priority back(idk if you guys can do that).

Are you guys gonna give Luigi his aerial power back?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Yeah, this^^

And just telling you guys, moonwalking is the most useless technique that Falcon has. If you wanna make him good give his nair priority back(idk if you guys can do that).

Are you guys gonna give Luigi his aerial power back?
>_> Stickywalk says hi.

Moonwalk at least gives him a jump distance boost.
-DD

kirox777

Smash Apprentice
i know you want to make every up to par with the melee standards but just dont get carried away if you choose to nerf someone in the future. like what brawl+ did, it was fine with 5.0 but after that they put less hitstun and unnecessarily nerfed characters because they're trying too hard to balance the game. make sure project M doesnt end up like that. if a character is good and actually wins, leave him alone and work on making other characters good. Thats my advice

i have a suggestion for sonic. make his Nair like the move in sonic 3 for sega genesis. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzWQNSn4I_E skip to 00:35. that move i always thought would be in the original brawl but they didnt. that white ring can be a killer.

for ike i think he should get chainthrows. make his down throw lay the opponent down, like melee fox and falcos down throw. also for fox and falco give them their melee down throw as well.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
When has a good Falcon stickywalked? Name ONE vid recently that showed stickywalking in high level. SS doesn't moonwalk anymore, Darkrain barely ever moonwalks, Hax only moonwalks to show off, same with Scar. I know what helps my main and doesn't help my main.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
When has a good Falcon stickywalked? Name ONE vid recently that showed stickywalking in high level. SS doesn't moonwalk anymore, Darkrain barely ever moonwalks, Hax only moonwalks to show off, same with Scar. I know what helps my main and doesn't help my main.
xD I was saying Stickywalking was more useless than moonwalking.

But yeah. Moonwalking is always a flashy thing, or a mindgame.

;P I'm not arguing ~<3
-DD

kirox777

Smash Apprentice
why does it have to be recent? i have seen people use moonwalking and it helps! anyway. nice conan pic :chuckle:

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Final warning -- anything not related to Project M or ideas, suggestions, contributions etc to Project M will be punished. If you want to talk about Melee and its players, there's always the Melee boards or social topic(s).

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
If you're trying to add new gameplay mechanics, I have a few suggestions:
Techjump: Pressing Shield a few frames before hitting the ground, an then Up in the middle of the "teching" animation, would cause your character to do a small jump with limited horizontal and vertical mobility.

Roll-Off Ledges: Rolling at the side of the stage would automatically make you grab onto the ledge.

Diagonal Throw: The ability to throw items and enemies diagonally.

Water Attacks: Different attacks only usable while in water.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
xD I was saying Stickywalking was more useless than moonwalking.

But yeah. Moonwalking is always a flashy thing, or a mindgame.

;P I'm not arguing ~<3
-DD
*facepalm* I feel very, very dumb right now. VERY.
why does it have to be recent? i have seen people use moonwalking and it helps! anyway. nice conan pic :chuckle:
Meh moonwalkings okay, Glad it's still in. Conan *****.

Sooooo, what other characters can moonwalk? I'm guessing Yoshi, and Link can still do it without walking. What Brawl characters would be able to moonwalk?

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Yeah, this^^

But moonwalking is the coolest AT ever and you know it :laugh:

This is going to be so awesome. Can't wait.

Can we expect a preview anytime soon?

edit- 3000 posts wooooot

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Do we REALLY need new techs??? It's suppose to play like melee, right? All of the techs from melee plus the ones from brawl is good enough imo.

I mean we get all of melees techs and Momentum canceling(?), DACUS(Is this possible with jc grabbing? If not JCG>DACUS), Glide Tossing, Wall clinging(?), and Crawling.

I honestly think footstooling is ********, especially with Melees physics(combo>footstool).

5ive

Smash Champion
Adding new techs to something like this will turn out to be really forced, and are really gimmicky. I say no to newly introduced techniques.

D

Deleted member

Who knows.. maybe they aren't gimmicky. Let's not assume they feel forced until we play with them.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
How about we start with getting all the Melee techniques in there first before we start worrying about new techniques lol

Shanus, I have the Melee player's guide handy... has all the %'s for every non-special move in the game. If you need some for whatever reason, just shoot.

Also, I think a few select aspects from Melee shouldn't be brought over. For example, Kirby's all about horrible-ness. He's good the way he is in brawl ^_^

Dan_X

Smash Lord
I'm extremely excited about P:M! I can't wait for it's release.

Anthony, only the good elements are bring transferred from Melee. If a charater sucked in melee we're not going to suddenly ruin him now. Rest assured this project is in great hands! I'm all for new ATs, I believe that it's possible for someone to concieve a new AT that works very well and fits smash-- I'm just not that someone.

HeroFalcon7

Smash Rookie
I have a question about Project M. A friend of mine and myself were huge melee fans when it was very popular and at is peak. We remember all the big names and tournaments and our concern is if Project M will ever get to at least some point popular enough to replicate some success. How many people will have access to Project Mand how many tournaments will there be.

We are from Riverside, CA and would like to know who around SoCal suppports Project M. We are really concerned that Project M will not have enough players to find like Melee. If there is a list to people that will play Project M and support it, Id really like to know. I know it will take time and it still ways off but just some concerns. We have always wanted the potential Melee 2.0 and are hoping that it will be the next best thing.

Thanks.

Like I said higher up on this post, I know its early. Same concerns with Brawl + basically so copy and paste is obvious. So now its Brawl + and Project M. We are playing Brawl + and I like it better than Brawl. However we still like Melee better and are hoping that Project M is the reincarnation of it. Just like I said earlier how is the scene going to be for Brawl + and the future for Project M.

Starscream

Smash Ace
You just copied your post from the Brawl+ thread but replaced Brawl+ with Project M...

Project M hasn't even been released yet.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
...lols. If you think Project M won't catch on, I'm not sure what to say. This is what lots of people have been waiting for since Brawl+ split from its old form. It will spread like wildfire.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
Hero, you're asking questions about the future-- which none of us can foresee. There are alrady a good number of Brawl+ tournaments. No mod will ever filter to the true casual crowd, those being people who consider themselves good but don't even know a place like smash boards exists. However, for the people that count, the people aware of these boards, and the competitve scene, they all have access to this an any mod.

When casuals discover mods they don't even need their Wii hacked to play.

Stop worrying. A list is ponitless... Just play. Ask in the social thread if anyone's from Cali. I'm sure you'll find people that are local to you.

The only way to ensure a secure future for Brawl+, and P:M is to spread the word. As it is, P:M isn't even out yet.

Its scene is bound to be an interesting one-- that's for sure. I for one can tell you that I'm very interested in P:M, and will definately play it alongside, or even in place of Brawl+. They are definitely two distinctly different mods.

Brawl+: seeks to improve upon Brawl in various ways but still keeping the relative ease of play, and 'Brawl feel' intact. As such, it's impossible for the project to do anything too radical-- even if for the good of the project.

Project M: no restrictions. Make it faster, and make it technical. This is Melee 2.0. Like Brawl+, it seeks to add comboing, and speed to the game. This time however there's great emphasis on 'speed' and 'tech skill.' Both are tournament suitable, however each calls to a different crowd-- or perhaps a rather similar crowd. This project doesn't have to worry about stepping on anyones feet. We know it's going to be different-- that's what we want.

In the end, I'll likely have an SD card for both Brawl+, and P:M. There's a way to load different mods from one card, right?

God, I can't wait to WD! I'm so excited!

Kix

Smash Journeyman
What is this? WHAT IS THIS? :love:

I really want you guys to know, I LOVE YOU. I really love you. You are awesome. Words cannot describe how awesome this is for a lot of people. This is beautiful.

Shanus, you mention Mario's Dair. I have to admit, I'm kind of split on changing things so that characters are strictly more like their Melee incarnations when some of the new changes make them more unique. In another project I think Mario's Dair could gain air. If the water gun is kept I think super armor on fully charged activation or something would be a cool buff. I'm not going to complain if he returns to having Melee moves, though. Would you be looking to make his fireball travel farther and do the extra 1% damage, make his Uair hitbox bigger, etc?

Are sidesteps going to be more like Melee (as in not as good)?

In Melee I didn't feel like there were "wall" hitboxes like in this game. I would just like to throw out that it would be cool to make a lot of hitboxes more precise but I still love you anyway!

camelot

Smash Ace
Shanus, you mention Mario's Dair. I have to admit, I'm kind of split on changing things so that characters are strictly more like their Melee incarnations when some of the new changes make them more unique.
I was thinking this, too.

In another project I think Mario's Dair could gain air.
Maybe he could gain some extra momentum if you kept mashing the attack button, so you could double jump to d-air to get some extra distance, or just d-air to slow falling speed.

If the water gun is kept I think super armor on fully charged activation or something would be a cool buff.
Actually, because of the gravity increase, I bet FLUDD would be fine how it is.

I'm not going to complain if he returns to having Melee moves, though. Would you be looking to make his fireball travel farther and do the extra 1% damage, make his Uair hitbox bigger, etc?
I was thinking about mixing some of Mario's and Doc's moves together. For example, fireballs would do 7%, which is in between Mario's fireballs and Doc's pills in Melee. Also, Mario's f-air would be a Doc hit for the first 3 frames... stuff like that. Would be pretty neat.

Are sidesteps going to be more like Melee (as in not as good)?
It'll probably be like in Brawl+ where you don't get as many invincibility frames. It'll also probably de-homogenize the speeds for the sidestep dodges on some characters.

shanus

Smash Hero
I have a new favorite change for characters, however it might be borderline broken and I need to test it more.

Ike's aerial sideB has IASA with aerials. Mix that with edge canceling and it becomes pretty nuts.

shanus

Smash Hero
How about we start with getting all the Melee techniques in there first before we start worrying about new techniques lol

Shanus, I have the Melee player's guide handy... has all the %'s for every non-special move in the game. If you need some for whatever reason, just shoot.

Also, I think a few select aspects from Melee shouldn't be brought over. For example, Kirby's all about horrible-ness. He's good the way he is in brawl ^_^
Can you PM me it?

Link_enfant

Smash Apprentice
El Raspa => Why not, that would look more like Melee this way. Just a bit smaller of course, but that's a nice idea.

I guess everyone thought about it, but the powershields need to be hard to do (and of course reflect projectiles but that's another problem). They're insanely easy in Brawl :embarrass

shanus

Smash Hero
El Raspa => Why not, that would look more like Melee this way. Just a bit smaller of course, but that's a nice idea.

I guess everyone thought about it, but the powershields need to be hard to do (and of course reflect projectiles but that's another problem). They're insanely easy in Brawl :embarrass
We brought them down to 1 frame in B+ already.

Magus420

Smash Master
Melee: 4/2
Brawl: 3/3
Brawl+: 1/1

Brawl can PS with any part of the shield's area, while Melee only PSs with a smaller area within the shield and not along the outer edge. Brawl will allow PS with the shield coming up as a result of either a button press or pressed, while Melee can only PS if the shield comes up as a result of button press. The analog shield in Melee can sometimes interfere with PSing since you can only PS with the digital/full shield input.

In general:
-Brawl is the easiest with both physical and projectiles.
-Projectiles in Melee and B+ are similar in difficultly, though faster moving ones are easier in Melee, and slower ones easier in B+.
-Physical hits are WAY easier to PS in Melee than B+.
-PSing in B+ relies heavily on the distance from hurtbox to the edge of the shield to turn the 1 frame window into something useful. A hitbox that begins outside of shield range may take 1-2 frames to clear the distance between shield range and hurtbox, inflating the effective window slightly. For hitboxes that come out beyond your shield's safety range PSing isn't really usable at all.

Revven

FrankerZ
Maybe he could gain some extra momentum if you kept mashing the attack button, so you could double jump to d-air to get some extra distance, or just d-air to slow falling speed.
B- (Brawl Minus) has Mario's Dair rise when you repeatedly mash the A button, so you could easily just copy their .PAC's script of Dair (though the height might need to be toned down).

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
A melee-esque dair with rising properties on mashing "A" could have some interesting gameplay applications. Then leave the FLUDD and you have a truly interesting hybrid. I like.

Giygue

Smash Journeyman
meh, I never really liked the inclusion of fludd into brawl...but still...This looks like an amazing idea. melee 2.0, i can go with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom