• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
I knew he was not serious, but it's the second time already, so drop it, it's not gonna happen...and it's getting old
Pray excuse my ignorance, but what are you talking about, ValTrox?

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I'd just like to point out that on smashmods, if you are on the P:M page and you click on "forums", it will lead you to the Brawl minus forums when accessed from here: http://www.smashmods.com/index.php/projectm.html

x_x

(Right after current version: Closed Beta.)
Haha, I think we did that a long time ago because the demo forums weren't made back then, we'll correct this ASAP. :p

Hashtag

Smash Apprentice
landing detection isn't really a little problem. It REALLY ****s up my wavelanding.
is that with every character or just the ones you main? I have a problem wavelanding with some but others not so much, like falco and fox for example. I noticed the landing detection only really messes up things like platform landings for me at times. Other wise i don't think it's to bad.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
I know this is probably really hard or impossible to replicate, but with ness, on his dash attack did you guys retain that if you hit with only the second of the three hits, it sends opponents on a obsenely low angle, almost as low as fox's shine? Or did you simply revamp his dash attack so it is better?

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
@Marth's grab range discussion

Where is your god now?

It's not disjointed and anything, the PMBR did the same things(hitboxes, animation) in PM. He just leans forward quite a distance.

Ya, umm i'd say that marth is pretty godlike for grab-range comparativly.

leelue

Smash Lord
The ganon one made me sad enough to cry enough tears to drown enough kittens to make me happy.
I don't like cats, so thank you.

but srsly that ganon one is silly (though it matches his animation if seen in 3 dimensions)

Edit
looked again. It's not bad. never mind

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
To make up for it Ganon can CG like half of the cast (if not more). Ness' grab pisses me off though. His grabs are WAYYYYY worse than Marths yet Marth's goes 4 times farther.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
Ness' grab range is just a joke lol.

Didn't said that Marth's grab range isn't 2 gud. It just doesn't have a big *** disjointed hitbox who does not make any kind of rational sense, it has no reason to not be what it is.

However, a grab like Ness' is what has no reason to be what it is in melee.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Those were the only gifs i could find, im sure there are even more depressing grabs like yoshi, or kirby.

Was there a huge thread for all of those, or did just each char board decide to make them themselves(i got them out of the guides)?

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Ness' grab range is just a joke lol.

Didn't said that Marth's grab range isn't 2 gud. It just doesn't have a big *** disjointed hitbox who does not make any kind of rational sense, it has no reason to not be what it is.

However, a grab like Ness' is what has no reason to be what it is in melee.
Ness's b-throw will kill quite reliably, his fthrow is a set distance. Maybe thats why.

leelue

Smash Lord
Pikachu, bowser, and pichu had the smallest ones I believe. in order from smallest to biggest (yeah, real counter intuitive ain't it)
I'm 80% sure

You say "set distance" like its a good thing (ok, so under like 25 its better than if it was a real throw).
I also thought the only throw with a set distance was bowsers up throw. hm. learn new stuff every day

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Ness's b-throw will kill quite reliably, his fthrow is a set distance. Maybe thats why.
Set distance in PM? Because in Melee the lower the damage, the farther you're thrown with Fthrow and the higher the damge, the farther you're thrown with the Bthrow.
Those were the only gifs i could find, im sure there are even more depressing grabs like yoshi, or kirby.

Was there a huge thread for all of those, or did just each char board decide to make them themselves(i got them out of the guides)?
Ness' is worse than Kirby's and Yoshi's IIRC. :c I could be wrong about Kirby though.

Hashtag

Smash Apprentice
I am going to start trying to post some matches here soon, tho i want to wait until after the patch. See what difference that makes in the gameplay.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I didn't mean literally worse than Ness' grab, i just meant, you'd be depressed when you see them.
Ness' grab range saddens me enough.

When I pick Ness people are like "haha you're trolling with a low tier" and think I'm just ****in around and then they get all surprised when they learn that I actually know how to play him. lol

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
I WOULD BUT THE DAZZLE I JUST BOUGHT ISN'T WORKING.

(Seriously, we've recorded a sickening amount of matches... just getting them to the computer ain't working)
What dazzle did you get? I use a dazzle HD. I'm only able to record using apps on my comp. That would be pretty cool to have a dazzle device that was able to record and save things without a comp so I could bring it to tournies if I were to go to some, though.

Stevo

Smash Champion

Kirby's grab is great

its his THROWS that are garbs

(Edit: In melee, I dont know anything about brawl)

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Kirby's grab is great

its his THROWS that are garbs

(Edit: In melee, I dont know anything about brawl)
If you read the thread, we're saying all these characters grab-range are laughable compared to marth. But ya kirbys throws are horrid in melee. WTF was sakurai thinking, break out of throws-in-motion.

Lol also i find funny that AT THE TIME MELEE WAS RELEASED the three top tier charcters in S64 were the most nerfed, kirby and ness are among the worst in the game and pika is at best average. cept axe too good

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
that's what fighters do a bunch of times. they nerf (sometimes overnerf) top tier characters.

Only 2 melee top/high tiers kept their placing rank in Brawl.

1 because of his general design and the other because of game exploitations, play-testing oversights, and character design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom