• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Wonder why Marth's blade turns reddish when he vsed roy. Against all others, it is still blue.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Can't be... Marth and Roy have different tippers. it's just that the swords are red. :p

Vigilante

Smash Lord
What I see is that the two icons (The two Marths) first have the same image, have the same sounds and share textures. So for example, if you start making teams with the current Roy and set your Roy skin to Black Marth, you will end up with a Marth that fights like Roy.

So they seem to be able to clone a character, but not to make it have its independent selection icon, texture, sound effects, etc...

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
@Slashy, I don't think anyone besides you wants that stage. It is not possible to make birdo shoot out the eggs that you can catch/stand on. I don't think we could recreate the carpet movement to be exactly like melee's either because IIRC it was random movement.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I think some people want the stage, but you are correct about it not being possible, certainly not without more extensive knowledge on stage hitboxes. Plus, you'd have to have a health system for Birdo so that he also tries to retreat if low on health.

DiamondbodySharpshooter

Smash Journeyman
Things don't have to be perfect. I think it might be completely possible to make the stage without the grabbable eggs or the retreatable Birdo. But of course, people want the complete accuracy. However, I think it'd be just A-OK if Birdo (with a collision on her head) 'shot' eggs (with collisions on them).

Though really I just want Pidgit and the logs, I miss those most of all.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Oh man, I forgot about those logs. Well, right now, we are busy focusing on other things. If someone wants to go ahead and make this stage, go right ahead. If the stage turns out fine, we can give it the melee data, ie: death boundaries, collisions, etc.

Rostigalen

Smash Journeyman
Could someone please clarify if the demo will be available for PAL users or just NTSC ones? I've seen the question asked by others but AFAIK it hasn't been answered.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
We do not have a PAL build in the works yet. For the demo release, it will only be NTSC. For the official release, we hope to have a complete PAL build even if it might be slightly after the official release for ntsc.

Lolo_knight

Smash Apprentice
Ok.. im a bit lost here... sorry I do not intend to make you ppl mad so beforehand I´m telling you I just (happilly) found about this mod. The thread says, stay tunned THIS WEEK for the demo this means 30 (jan) 5 (feb) week?... So... probably 2day 2morrow or the day after imma get my hands on this sweetness?.
Second.. I (long ago) put some cheat dats on my sd card, for brawl to be faster (I have no idea if its +, - or bbrawl...) is this going to be like this?, meaning I load ocarina cheats, go to vault and load an image and the cheats are set for the game to be played like melee?. And the last question, this is a demo... so i'm I to hope that in some time (if you could tell an aproximate ill be glad) imma be able to play pokemon trainer/samus/other characters with melee physics?.

Hope my english its not that bad for you to understand me, and thanks in advance for the answers, YOU guys ROCK and will make my wii come back to life for it has been sitting death since i dunno... NMH2?

edit: sorry one more question, online?, im aware that the other person must have the same ...mod? on his smash for it to work.. but online? maybe not in the demo but on the final version? thnx!!

Lolo_knight

Smash Apprentice
OHHHHHH! yeah... I didn't read that, and with the livestream thingie going on... i thought the day was close.. lmao thx man ,^^ im sorry, as for the other questions, any idea?

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
Great stream last night. Most people could see the alpha beta roy lol

Also the progressing work on the demo characters and some others.

And Kizzu popping up at the stream chat was quite a surprise.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
@Lolo_knight

No me recuerdo quien lo dijo pero ellos van a poner como un video o una pagina para explicar como se hace. Lo que yo si se es que solo necesita un SD card y el Wii, no necesita nada mas (bueno....el juego seria bueno tener jaja)

Y para el dia que todos los personajes estan en el juego.....ellos no saben...ellos lo van a terminar cuando ellos terminan. Ellos quieren que Project M sea perfecto...

personalmente, yo voy a decir...abril o mayo

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I missed the stream last night...goddamn it...I failed P:M > Laid.

anyways I think it's safe to say that after the Demo characters are finalized that characters like Wario, Bowser, Ike, Peach and MetaKnight are on the short list as far as being released next. Only because I see them played alot now do I say this.

So next I'm guessing characters that have been mostly ignored will get the spotlight next?

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Ok.. im a bit lost here... sorry I do not intend to make you ppl mad so beforehand I´m telling you I just (happilly) found about this mod. The thread says, stay tunned THIS WEEK for the demo this means 30 (jan) 5 (feb) week?... So... probably 2day 2morrow or the day after imma get my hands on this sweetness?.
Second.. I (long ago) put some cheat dats on my sd card, for brawl to be faster (I have no idea if its +, - or bbrawl...) is this going to be like this?, meaning I load ocarina cheats, go to vault and load an image and the cheats are set for the game to be played like melee?. And the last question, this is a demo... so i'm I to hope that in some time (if you could tell an aproximate ill be glad) imma be able to play pokemon trainer/samus/other characters with melee physics?.

Hope my english its not that bad for you to understand me, and thanks in advance for the answers, YOU guys ROCK and will make my wii come back to life for it has been sitting death since i dunno... NMH2?

edit: sorry one more question, online?, im aware that the other person must have the same ...mod? on his smash for it to work.. but online? maybe not in the demo but on the final version? thnx!!

1) Me encantaria contarte los detalles, pero mi contrato del PMBR me ata a la respuesta "esperar a un anuncio esta semana" con respecto a la fecha del publicacion. :(

2) Si, seras capaz de acceder los codigos del Project:M en la misma manera como lo hizo para tener acceso a Plus, Minus, y BBrawl.

3) El demo se limita a los 14 personajes anunciados. Usted no sera capaz de seleccionar los otros personajes de la lista normal de Brawl porque no estan completo, y como ZenJestr dijo, queremos que esos personajes (y Project:M en general) sean perfectos antes que ponerlos en el juego.

4) El modo de online para el demo deberian funcionar con normalidad, siempre y cuando todos los jugadores usan los mismos codigos y el mismo "buffer".

Si tienes otras preguntas, siempre puedes enviarme un PM.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
I missed the stream last night...goddamn it...I failed P:M > Laid.

anyways I think it's safe to say that after the Demo characters are finalized that characters like Wario, Bowser, Ike, Peach and MetaKnight are on the short list as far as being released next. Only because I see them played alot now do I say this.

So next I'm guessing characters that have been mostly ignored will get the spotlight next?
The stream is recorded :p

Rikana

Smash Champion
1) Me encantaria contarte los detalles, pero mi contrato del PMBR me ata a la respuesta "esperar a un anuncio esta semana" con respecto a la fecha del publicacion. :(

2) Si, seras capaz de acceder los codigos del Project:M en la misma manera como lo hizo para tener acceso a Plus, Minus, y BBrawl.

3) El demo se limita a los 14 personajes anunciados. Usted no sera capaz de seleccionar los otros personajes de la lista normal de Brawl porque no estan completo, y como ZenJestr dijo, queremos que esos personajes (y Project:M en general) sean perfectos antes que ponerlos en el juego.

4) El modo de online para el demo deberian funcionar con normalidad, siempre y cuando todos los jugadores usan los mismos codigos y el mismo "buffer".

Si tienes otras preguntas, siempre puedes enviarme un PM.
Si.

Me llamo Rikana.

That's as far as my spanish goes. What happened to Wes streaming yesterday? Please tell me wes recorded his stream. :(

Edit: fuuuuu-. Someone told me ustream auto records your videos. Oh well.

GreatFalco

Smash Apprentice
Pretty good spanish up there GuruKid ; )

1) Me encantaria contarte los detalles, pero mi contrato del PMBR me ata a la respuesta "esperar a un anuncio esta semana" con respecto a la fecha del publicacion.
Would you really like to tell us the truth? May I be happy for this? :awesome:

@Lolo_knight
Como ya te han dicho, tal vez no publiquen la demo esta misma semana, pero en cualquier caso la fecha límite es antes de Pound 5. Así que si no cae esta semana caerá la siguiente ;)

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
I'll try to get cubaisdeath to play more Link. :)
That would be awesome.

I'm still trying to figure out this entrance thing though. I'm guessing I'm gonna have do something with the values of x y and possibly z due to for some odd reason. I managed to put a Left and Right entrance in but when I tested it Link either faces forwards or backwards when coming down depending on the slot but even then thats sometimes random. like for example when I choose a 4 player match player 1 is usually facing backwards and so is usually player 2... 3 and 4 choose get the face forward. However when I look at Pits entrances animation in game he always comes in faceforward no matter the player port.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
ok here's a question for the PMBR

with the demo coming out, people are obviously gonna want to play online. That being said, will the P:M IRC channel be available for matchmaking purposes or will there be a a specific chat for that?

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Kaizo, online forces lag on you. So I highly doubt you would want to play online under these conditions. Technical characters liek Fox and Falco wouldn't do well at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom