• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
Alloys cannot grab, shield, or do anything besides A attacks (and of course jump and what not) so no they can't be used as slots for DLC characters. Annnnnd no it's not easy to fix that stuff either.

So we would not include them at any point at all.
I see thanks for clearing that up.

Pimpfish

Smash Journeyman
all my firends play kirby and jump high and down b or play link and jump high and down air.

i do have one pro friend who plays shiek cause she can combo easily, and by pro i mean not a pro

D

Deleted member

all my firends play kirby and jump high and down b or play link and jump high and down air.

i do have one pro friend who plays shiek cause she can combo easily, and by pro i mean not a pro
That's like casual smash 101.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
I don't think there's any need to advertise it to casual players in a special way, they can try it themselves and see if they like it.
There's also no need to sugarcoat anything, the game will be fun even if they don't play competitively.

And they might even find it more fun than you might expect since every character should stand a chance, there should be no unwinnable match-ups or OP characters that would dissuade them from continuing to play.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889

adapt to meta/mind games is all I can say.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
If you really want to bring new people into P:M you all should probably stop assuming everyone is either a melee purist who own 5 copies of melee, or a brawl player who picks kirby and just jumps really high and uses down b. Most people are somewhere inbetween. Even people who aren't into competitive smash in the least should enjoy all the new stages. ;)
You're new to the internet, aren't you.

Ecks

Smash Lord
There are a lot of casuals who prefer melee's gameplay too. When brawl came out I played melee casually (as in no l cancels, wavedash, etc) and when I tried brawl I was so dissapointed... Hell I got brawl (someone was throwing it away lol) recently.

I have a feeling that after pm is out alot of casuals are gonna try it just to see what the fuss is about. That's how I got into competitive melee.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Can't believe I missed the blasted Roy v Marth. Hope someone recorded it.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
People might make a couple of questions though, if you really are calling it the synthesis of 64/Melee/Brawl, you might have to revert or change several things.

[quote-Why is the Result's screen exactly like Melee's?
Being dark means it's exactly like melee?
-Why Mewtwo and Roy? I want some new characters :(
neither of those chars are confirmed, and we aren't spending > 400 hrs to add a different character that was never in a smash game.
-What happened to <insert move here>? I liked that move and it was better.
we are able to justify any change we've made.
-This game is too fast, I want it to be more like 64/Brawl (Melee is the only fast game in the series, Brawl+ was right in the middle)
64 is about as fast as melee.
either way, play one of those games. we aren't pleasing 1 person to displease 95% of our followers.

Sails

Smash Ace
Was it ever stated why Wario's bike was removed for his SideB? I understand the trade-off, but some players really seem to enjoy the tires and other uses. I also understand nothing is finalized, but I'm curious as to what the current reasoning is.

Revven

FrankerZ
Was it ever stated why Wario's bike was removed for his SideB? I understand the trade-off, but some players really seem to enjoy the tires and other uses. I also understand nothing is finalized, but I'm curious as to what the current reasoning is.
Recovery mainly, also, we've tried reimplementing tires in other ways but the game makes them invisible without the bike being there. We know people like the tires and we'll try to continue to explore that some more but for now, we can't seem to do it.

Sails

Smash Ace
Recovery mainly, also, we've tried reimplementing tires in other ways but the game makes them invisible without the bike being there. We know people like the tires and we'll try to continue to explore that some more but for now, we can't seem to do it.
My friend brought up an idea of using a taunt that brings out the bike and then explodes leaving tires (Think the mustache pulling victory screen animation). Why wouldn't this work? I'm sure there is more to it >_>

Revven

FrankerZ
My friend brought up an idea of using a taunt that brings out the bike and then explodes leaving tires (Think the mustache pulling victory screen animation). Why wouldn't this work? I'm sure there is more to it >_>
Animation space, there's a limit on the file size of Wario's motionetc file and as a result we can't really make a taunt that spawns the bike in a sensible way. Like I said, we'll continue to explore the possibility but right now it's really grim.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
And they might even find it more fun than you might expect since every character should stand a chance, there should be no unwinnable match-ups or OP characters that would dissuade them from continuing to play.
Huh? Link, Kirby, Pikachu and Ike will still be over-powered for them :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yLcGnN9Zb8
Lol, no, it really isn't.

It just isn't as smooth. The pace of gameplay is pretty close.
-DD
You realize that lots of match-ups in Brawl are that fast as well, right?

Animation space, there's a limit on the file size of Wario's motionetc file and as a result we can't really make a taunt that spawns the bike in a sensible way. Like I said, we'll continue to explore the possibility but right now it's really grim.
namesearch

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yLcGnN9Zb8
Lol, no, it really isn't.

It just isn't as smooth. The pace of gameplay is pretty close.
-DD
4 year old video aww yeeeeee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-t4TS7AgCnc

you're welcome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKB-kO8kJTE&feature=related

also linking this to combat future planet zebes johns.

You realize that lots of match-ups in Brawl are that fast as well, right?

also this.

I wasn't talking about the length of the match, I was referring to the pace.
and this.

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
i read the Project M homepage and the threads, but there doesn't seeem to be a set date for the final version.

anything concrete, or is the demo just going to be another part of the test phase????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom