• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
True, I too, wouldn't. But are unimportant opinions for the project, that's a fact.

What I don't understand about the casuals, is the constant sentiment of being the opressed group of smash, hating the "tourney***s" for forcing them to play other way. When their group is basically 10 times bigger.
It's not worth dwelling on. Or calling them "the casuals," which only fuels the fire. There's lots of casual smash fans (ie: not tournament players) who liked Melee better and are looking forward to PM. I'd put myself in that category.

If they want to whine louder, let them. It'll only bring attention to PM in the long run. A good thing, because it can speak for itself.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Not all of them are truly casuals. Some are just either:

1: trolling
2: uninformed
3: Don't like reading

Another awesome quote
Sakurai said, though I paraphrase: "**** competition. **** people actually enjoying this game as much as the Street Fighters or the SNKs or the ArcSystemWorks. I'm making a broken party game. After this, I'm never going to try to fix it or make a sequel... ever"

What the hell do you do in that situation? Even though the community was there en masse to support the title, Sakurai was just like "Nope.avi"

So they found out they could make alterations to the game thanks to the Wii's hack-ability. Players could go all MUGEN on their favourite game franchise and try to make their game play to their wishes.

If people are enjoying what their creating, I don't see the big deal. They're creating a superior product from an inferior product. Neatobeans.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
It's not worth dwelling on. Or calling them "the casuals," which only fuels the fire. There's lots of casual smash fans (ie: not tournament players) who liked Melee better and are looking forward to PM. I'd put myself in that category.

If they want to whine louder, let them. It'll only bring attention to PM in the long run. A good thing, because it can speak for itself.
yeah, I agree.

Ulevo

Smash Master
They're called scrubs. They're the closed minded individuals of life in the form of your casual gamer. Just like anyone with a narrow point of view, you're better off ignoring them until decide to see for themselves what you do.

Simple.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
If you like having fun so much, go play something not Brawl!

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
All I know is don't listen to those haters on kotaku or gonintendo. I know a few people like that in RL but w/e haters gonna hate. I personally could care less their Idealism.

I personally love what you guys are doing to the game. Making a Crappy>great game. = ftw in my book.

......no I missed the stream as well /sigh...

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
Seriously people don't read the rules or something /sigh. I really don't want this to be thread to get locked again I just don't understand why people just cannot wait until the beta is released.

Sterowent

Smash Ace
i don't know why they're so persistent with their attacks on this project either, man. it's like they really don't like us that much, hah...

anyway, i've missed another stream. that's two! in a row! what is this madness!

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I find it kind of funny how leaker's can't seem to find something to do other than leak the game. I mean, if I had a leaked copy the only thing I'd be doing is playing the **** out of this amazing game.

DiamondbodySharpshooter

Smash Journeyman
They're called scrubs. They're the closed minded individuals of life in the form of your casual gamer. Just like anyone with a narrow point of view, you're better off ignoring them until decide to see for themselves what you do.

Simple.
As a casual who wholeheartedly supports and is looking forward to Project: M, I resent that.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
I wish to apologize to anyone who found my one post abit out of line. with the swear words. again I am sorry and Will go back and re-edit the post.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
No i didnt post a leak I got a warning about my post due to harsh language.

I really do appreciate the devs deciding to make a demo though. Really is shame though that theres soo many impatient people.

Ecks

Smash Lord
no not that, a few post back someone was complaining about someone leaking pm during standardtoaster's stream.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i'm not 21 yet, but if i'm ever at a tournament with any of the project m team, they can hit me up for a free (fast food) meal
You going to Pound 5?
I'm hungry bro.
As a casual who wholeheartedly supports and is looking forward to Project: M, I resent that.
You're cool.
Why aren't more people cool like you?
Additionally, that person wasn't even using the term "scrub" correctly :/

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Whilst the definition of a scrub is essentially one who does not play to win, I prefer to attribute it to people who don't play to win and attempt to john to make up for this chosen playstyle that inherently decreases the scrub's ability to win. For example, my brother is a casual player, however he does not make excuses or call anything "cheap" that I do as he understands that doing so would limit his ability to improve his game.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Whilst the definition of a scrub is essentially one who does not play to win, I prefer to attribute it to people who don't play to win and attempt to john to make up for this chosen playstyle that inherently decreases the scrub's ability to win. For example, my brother is a casual player, however he does not make excuses or call anything "cheap" that I do as he understands that doing so would limit his ability to improve his game.
I am not sure if that would be considered by a majority to be correct or not, but that was the definition I was associating the word with, because it is typically used in a derogatory fashion.

It which case I think I made the intended comparison.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
This makes me wonder, has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Had an educational discussion with Strong Bad last night, it was kind of cool.

I hear that if poeple are going to use PSAs, they have to adapt it to the P:M code, or they'll be very screwed up. For example, the Wavedash wouldn't look good. So I guess that if they do make the clone engine work, just using a PSA meant just for Brawl would not work well. I don't really use PSAs, but it was a little tidbit of technical info I found interesting.

SolidSnake141

Smash Cadet
I'm really happy with how Fox has turned out, I can't wait to play as him in the demo coming out soon-ish.

I got a question though, and note I haven't read all the pages in this large thread so if it has been answered or planned, forgive me. Will Bowser have his Melee B + forward/backward claw grabbing tilt or will it be his body slam from Brawl?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom