• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I apologize that we've been spending too much time working on the game itself instead of superfluous stuff.

shanus

Smash Hero
Okay, enough flaming. It is a valid point that better clarifying what is melee marth could be an important feature for new players. With that said, we might try and wrap up some wordsmithing, but our focus will be more oriented to the more important features of our demo, which is obviously gameplay.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
So... you would rather us write more on Marth even though what we have already written there basically covers who he is than actually getting back to work on preparing for the demo to give you something that is quality?

...Does not compute.
So lets assume you were a new player, would you learn more from the Marth article or the Shiek article?

And if I remember correctly, others on the P:M team have said MORE character articles will be added in the near future. So how is this detracting from making the demo when typing these articles is already on your schedule? In fact, why bother with the articles in the first place? Why spend so much time on Jiggs's article if Marth's is perfect? Your point isn't valid, its just a guilt trip

EDIT:

Okay, enough flaming. It is a valid point that better clarifying what is melee marth could be an important feature for new players. With that said, we might try and wrap up some wordsmithing, but our focus will be more oriented to the more important features of our demo, which is obviously gameplay.
Without browning my nose too much thank you for being level headed Shanus. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, its practically just you and Shell that actually exhibit professionalism.

shanus

Smash Hero
i'll just quote myself to end this conversation where it started

Sterowent

Smash Ace
the important thing is that the P:MBR will be taking a month solely for writing up bowser's article, as well as finalizing the transfer of SSE to Bowser's Inside Story 2.

Rikana

Smash Champion
^^^^

That image makes me wanna rewatch that episode. Imma go look for it now.. lol.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Hella probably hasn't touched Smash in the longest time.. which is why he probably doesn't play good at the moment. He is also playing a new game which takes a bit of adjusting.

Darkshooter

Smash Ace
Let me ask again.. Will there also be a PAL version of the demo?
Quote from Falco400 regarding this question:
Falco400 said:
Unless we can get a working File Patch 3.5.1 code PAL users are technically screwed unless you use Riivolution. Otherwise if your disc drive isn't functioning the only way is to USB load NTSC-U Brawl (not that we are telling you to do that or supporting you to do it).

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
I have a couple questions regarding the demo. First, will there be a Riivolution version released, and if so, with what XML in mind? Second, what all will come with the demo, besides the obvious? Will things like alt textures/vertex hacks, stages, menus, strap loader, etc. be included or will these be saved for the final release?

I R MarF

Smash Ace
oh my bad, it was so "mature" of you to do a word-count on all the character pages and complain about it lol
Immature? How is that immature? It would have been much more childish if I just whined without any evidence whatsoever. Is it wrong that I like to back my arguments with credible reasons?

And what is the point of making fun of me in the first place? Did you write the article or something?

Word count: 23.

Therefore, I cannot take what you said seriously.
Lol that's insulting to me, but it is actually pretty funny.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Well here's a possible solution: Negative Edge

Pressing B and immediately releasing B will give you a red Pikmin. Hold B instead and then immediately pressing one of the four directions and then releasing will give you blue, yellow, purple, or white Pikmin. I think this would be slower by maybe a couple of frames per pluck, but I very much like the idea of you having total control over which Pikmin you need.

The problem I see with a fixed sequence would be that the Olimar player might have limited mixups. I could be wrong though because I don't know how knowing the Pikmin order in Brawl makes him predictable, if at all.

Although I think implementing negative edge might be more difficult than I think.
Hmm, so negative edge is what it's called. Okay, if that is difficult to program, some other avenues could be explored. How about mapping the action to one of Olimar's taunts? For example, Olimar's side taunt could be used to cycle between which Pikmin is plucked. To indicate which color of Pikmin Olimar would pluck next, the color of his antenna could change correspondingly. Obviously this would cause him to lose a taunt, but it would vastly increase his utility.

Also, how about the idea of not forcing Olimar to change Pikmin after performing Pikmin-utilizing aerials and smashes?

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Immature? How is that immature? It would have been much more childish if I just whined without any evidence whatsoever. Is it wrong that I like to back my arguments with credible reasons?

And what is the point of making fun of me in the first place? Did you write the article or something?

Lol that's insulting to me, but it is actually pretty funny.
Also, you, please realize that no one really cares about the character pages
on the website. Why are you persisting with your argument?

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Also, you, please realize that no one really cares about the character pages
on the website. Why are you persisting with your argument?
I find a copious amount of irony in this statement.
vvvvvv

Someone cares

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I have a couple questions regarding the demo. First, will there be a Riivolution version released, and if so, with what XML in mind? Second, what all will come with the demo, besides the obvious? Will things like alt textures/vertex hacks, stages, menus, strap loader, etc. be included or will these be saved for the final release?
The demo will come with the fighter files, stage files, and the basics to run Project M. Just the basics. Textures will be optional.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Also, how about the idea of not forcing Olimar to change Pikmin after performing Pikmin-utilizing aerials and smashes?
This would mean that Olimar would likely have the highest learning curve in the game, not for technical reasons, but for keeping yourself from not being predictable.

For the revolving thing, I wonder what it would be like if you could switch out the Pikmin behind you. Like if you want the one that's second, you push the first to the back of the line.

I don't think this is the best place to discuss this.

Rikana

Smash Champion
I have my Scyther hack over Falco ready. Imma be pillaring you guys with my Scyther. Oh, and he shoots lasers too.

Omg its gonna be mad good.

Ecks

Smash Lord
I really wanted wolf to be in the demo but with him being a spacey I guess expectations are high. Oh well, it has marth and falcon in it :D

Ulevo

Smash Master
I really wanted wolf to be in the demo but with him being a spacey I guess expectations are high. Oh well, it has marth and falcon in it :D
In my opinion, for the mere fact that Wolf is the third spacey, he needs a lot of work in comparison to what was handed to us in Brawl for him to live up to expectations.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
This would mean that Olimar would likely have the highest learning curve in the game, not for technical reasons, but for keeping yourself from not being predictable.

For the revolving thing, I wonder what it would be like if you could switch out the Pikmin behind you. Like if you want the one that's second, you push the first to the back of the line.

I don't think this is the best place to discuss this.
You're right, Olimar would be severely gimped if he was too predictable. You're also correct in suggesting that this conversation be moved elsewhere. I just signed up at Smashmods and I am currently reading your posts there :)

Ecks

Smash Lord
In my opinion, for the mere fact that Wolf is the third spacey, he needs a lot of work in comparison to what was handed to us in Brawl for him to live up to expectations.
Yeah thats what I figured. It's probably for the best that he's not in the demo (along with other characters like diddy and mk).

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
I say, for Olimar, make the Pikmin more noticeably dependent on the surface from which he pulls, so he more reliably pull what he wants. But it'd also be important to balance this with the amount of surfaces a particular stage provides.

Or, maybe make what he pulls change every second, cycling through them in a preset order. This'd make him unpredictable to unsavvy opponents, and the fact players would have to keep the time in mind would correspond quite nicely with the actual Pikmin games.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I agree 100%. As a Spacey he's expected to meat a certain criteria from the gate so working on perfecting him is important. I wish I could see Pit played in Project Melee at least...one >__>.

but yeah as far as the demo goes I think it's a great demo list. I say put an extremely ****ed up Metaknight in the game but not playable. Let him replace the punching bag on the loading screen so ppl can get there RAGE out on him.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
I think if done correctly Metaknight can still be high tier in Project Melee.

Also I love what you guys have done with sonic.

Not so much when it comes to Snake, why reduce his weight? After all it makes scene that he is that heavy after all he is carrying around alot of Heavy Equipment.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Link's carrying a lot of stuff too. You could argue that he be a little heavier than Link. And besides, does it make sense for him to weigh more than King Dedede?

Vigilante

Smash Lord
What I meant about Olimar, is that with having to press B differently for each Pikmin... there would be five variations. I can't see how that could be programmed well. Plus, you couldn't just get the five right away by just masshing the button. Perhaps keeping it random is the only right solution. I would find it bothersome if Olimar players could just choose the most powerful Pikmin.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I wanted him to have the same weight as Yoshi's NTSC weight because Snake's physical size without the stuff he's carrying is larger than all humanshape characters sans Ganondorf.

When I said this before, I was unaware that they changed Yoshi's weight to mirror PAL Melee.

Also, the stuff Snake uses in battle is heavier than Link's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom