• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jalued

Smash Lord
About G&W recovery. I think it should be just like it is. However, I think nair should have a short float - maybe only if you held A - and a strong hitbox only on activation. This way, G&W could have the option to float after upB still, but it wouldn't be the default. Assuming he can still attack out of his upB - can't remember if he can still attack out of his upB. Anyways, just an idea.
wouldnt the float be slightly broken for edgeguarding?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
G&W's current recovery is fantastic. You can attack or airdodge out of it, and even save your jump for mixups. It's much better than it was in Melee and probably one of the best recoveries in the game right now.

Slashy

Smash Lord
Make it so that it only works if used immediately after up special

What about Sonic and Snake? They don't go into special fall either.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Yes, Sonic's recovery is insane right now and will be toned down a bit.

Snake's is okay due to the armor and height possible, but is too slow to be fantastic.

Slashy

Smash Lord
Could you nerf the spring and make the homing attack aim towards ledges?

That would let him get gimped more and force players to think more about the recovery

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Spring has offensive combo uses, too, which we don't want to hurt.

We are currently looking to remove Sonic's ability to AD after Up-B.

Homing attack aiming for the ledge is probably not technically possible, and would be a recovery buff, which we do not need.

D

Deleted member

I get why the PM dev crew is handling the acclaimed trolls/criticism the way they are. Its something left ultimately to themselves and their goals as a team.

It feels embarrassing to post in this thread now that PM fans have taken it upon themselves to act like ****s towards people who have concerns.

Stingers and BAD aren't trying to troll. Just because they offer a dissenting opinion doesn't mean they're wrong or hostile. There isn't a need to return hostility. They weren't even hostile until somebody other than them decided to respond to them poorly.

Just let the devs handle discussion with opposing opinions. They'll get the feedback they need, remove the trolls, explain the project's goal and more. They'll do a better job than people outside the project can.

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
Homing attack already got some important buffs to make it useful, like a straighter trajectory for more consistent hitting.

Also, because everyone has a melee airdodge now, it will become a decent gimp move in even the worst of cases...

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
People really should just start spot dodging Sonic's homing attack more. He can't lock on to invincible opponents, and homing attack has a set release time now. It has a fair amount of end lag when it doesn't hit anything or collides with a wall/floor.

It's like nobody other than Sonic players even understand how Sonic's moveset works.

Vist

Smash Champion
Jcaesar suggested I post in here about the Luigi misfires sooo

my 2 cents:

I prefer the 1/8 chance of misfiring over a 1/4 initial chance followed by one every 5 times after that.

Being able to predict or guarantee a misfire is kinda cool, but there's times where I'd much rather go with a random chance over a guarantee that I will not misfire until I do a foward-b a certain amount of times.

The surprise factor of a misfire is crucial for recovering in some cases, even more than the distance the misfire the gives you. There's very few instances I've been in where the extra distance was absolutely necessary for recovering compared to the need to throw off an opponent or at least get around an edgeguarding technique that covers all other options (in melee btw)

Rostigalen

Smash Journeyman
On the 5th Side-B, force a Misfire by smashing, while tapping makes it a regular one. (Think Samus missiles and the difference between smashing/tapping) Whenever you smash to force a Side-B, the counter gets reset and you have to do four more until you can get a guaranteed misfire.

I'd also propose a 1/8th chance on a regular Side-B to be a misfire, to make sure that your recovery isn't too predictable.

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
@ DarkSonic

I know. I use neutral b to recover with sonic because my friends will stand there like morons and block the hit. It puts you in such a bad position if they spot dodge. But honestly, i believe as an off stage gimp move it seems like a really good option with the melee airdodge. Idk, would do you think about that?

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Random idea related to Luigi's misfire: 1/8 chance normally, 1/2 chance one time when down B is charged. Since Melee Luigi has to make sure down B is charged before he can use it as a recovery, giving the charge additional effects like improving misfire chances makes it even more important and keeps with Luigi's slippery fish + card playing gameplay.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
wouldnt the float be slightly broken for edgeguarding?
My thought was that it would only have the initial hitbox and would be punishable after that... and since it's an A move, it wouldn't allow G&W to grab the edge - he'd have to release A or something, however the float mechanic might work. Also, I'm not describing a float similar to Peach's second jump float, but one more like his Brawl float. Again, just an idea... that I thought I'd clarify in the hopes that it would quell your concerns. *shrugs*

Stevo

Smash Champion
woo
thanks for the stream JCaesar

Also, if you liked brawl characters how they were in brawl...
play brawl.

I am REALLY starting to understand why you guys don't want to release things to the public.....

B.W.

Smash Champion
For Luigi's misfire, if you don't want it random why not go the direction of making it a charging move? Just make the charge longer and make it so you can hold it.

Like Lucas's Offense-up. It doesn't work like a misfire if it's not charged all the way but once it is make it a guaranteed misfire? Just make the charge take a while. If you make it any set number of torpedos you can just torpedo in place til your next one misfires while the person is out. At least this way they face the danger of losing the misfire, and have to actually think about charging it up.

Just my two cents.

Ulevo

Smash Master
I haven't read through the past ten or so pages, but I really don't need to to understand the underlying sentiment that's been lingering here. That said, I only have one thing to say:

If you want to know the difference between Project: M and Brawl+, it's that when Project: M is finally finished, you'll all be thanking the developers greatly for all their hard work, despite all the griping you may have now about development decisions. If for some reason you fall in to the minority that won't fit this description, there is a simple solution. Don't click the download button.

Respect.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Oh yeah. Is Sonic really that good or are you devs just hype about your creation? He seems like a solid character, but I can't imagine him being better than melee Marth or Jiggs. Someone wanna fill me in on what I'm missing?

Slashy

Smash Lord
I haven't read through the past ten or so pages, but I really don't need to to understand the underlying sentiment that's been lingering here. That said, I only have one thing to say:

If you want to know the difference between Project: M and Brawl+, it's that when Project: M is finally finished, you'll all be thanking the developers greatly for all their hard work, despite all the griping you may have now about development decisions. If for some reason you fall in to the minority that won't fit this description, there is a simple solution. Don't click the download button.

Respect.
There's so many things wrong with this statement I don't know where to begin

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
How can you spotdodge sonics homing attack when he's using it to edguard you? :laugh:
You can use an aerial to beat it (pretty much everything will if timed properly).

You can also fastfall as it releases and it will go right over you (provided he wasn't coming at you from really low before hand). It still locks onto the back of your character's head like in brawl.

And if you're not in a position to do that....it means you're pretty far out and would've been edge guarded to death by pretty much any high tier character in melee.

Guess it kinda sucks that Snake just has to get ***** by it though. I really can't think of many characters who's recoveries get wrecked by homing attack...but not something else that another top tier character can easily do.

But yes, Sonic is too good (mostly his recovery and the spindash hitboxes, which will obviously be addressed).

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Please, educate me.
I'm wondering the same too. Project M developers have done a significantly better job than Brawl+'s development (a lot of them are in PM's team and more experienced now too), it's not even funny.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
After looking up videos and and reading comments by developers, I have to agree with Stingers.

A couple of the Brawl characters, more so looking at my main Lucario, are being rewritten from the ground up rather than taking the next step of balance or making him a part of faster gameplay.

Disjoint on his moves and his Aura mechanics part of what Lucario was about, they were removed. I don't see why this was a balance issue since it didn't break him nor was it better to remove it. It was his thing as a character that made him different, yet I can't think of good reasons to remove something that gave a character difference and an identity as a character.

This is a problem I'm noticing with a couple of characters, more so some Brawl exclusive ones via vids, where the mechanics or things that make them are being removed or changed in many ways to change how the character played.

The way this project is going is the same way I had problems with Brawl+ or even most hacks in general, the set a goal and mid way through production just dropped it to make changes not related to balance.

I'm not liking where Project M is going at this point, this is just another version of Brawl+ at this point.

At least this is how I'm feeling based on the vids I've seen and the info that has been posted, so I'll wait and see how this goes.

Luxor

Smash Champion
You know, when Stingers first posted shared his feelings I thought he was trolling. I never would have guessed he was serious =/

+1 support for devs current path btw, but I'm gonna go watch Lucario vids because I don't actually know what happened to him besides DownB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom