• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Suggestion: Make the front of KJ64 not so pixelated. It didn't look that way in Melee, and it looks horrible with the high-res brawl characters in the background.

Ulevo

Smash Master
So, simple question. Are you guys planning on giving this game a particular name when you are finally finished it? Project: M kinda entails the name of the project in progress, not the name of the release itself.

Happy Birthday Shanus.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Lol, conceived and born on the same day...
It's as if he just came be... born of the void and conceived from nothing :p
Happy "Becoming" Day Shanus xD...

Anyways, on a more PM related note... maybe, I have a thought to share. I was discussing tourney rules in brawl with some people earlier. There are certain stalling tactics that are banned as well as many tournies that institute a LGL. I know this is less an issue in Melee, but a solution to these special regulations came to mind that was related to Melee.

Anyone remember decision matches? If not, decision was a match option that determined victory through bonus points rewarded for special actions. Brawl does not use these special bonus points anymore... but it still records in game data such as running distance, air time, and smash count.

The notion I dreamed up was the return of decision type matches with bonus points related to in-game data that already exists, and that could basically "auto-ref" - penalizing behavior such as planking and stalling. How's this related to PM some might ask? Well, if anyone has the motive to try and do such a thing... it would be the PM devs, seeing as this is related to something that was original to Melee. Obviously, this isn't very important in the grand scheme of things, but the idea has been presented - again if I'm not the first one, lol.

At the very least, I'd think some of the devs would enjoy bringing bonus points back just for fun. Keeping all the original Melee ones but also making their own. Imagine bonus points for things such as character specific combos or data records showing wavedashing distance or L cancel count...

Edit: I very much doubt this would be easy as it isn't like anything anyone has done before - that I know of - but I think that makes it all the more interesting.

Darkshooter

Smash Ace
Sup? I decieded to do something for once. Below is a list Im currently working that shows what if P: M decieded to have a real world soundtrack. Here it goes:
Menu

X02 - Celldweller - Solaris
X03 - Junkie XL - Mulu
W30 - Celldweller - The Sentinel

Yoshis Island(Melee)

W05 - Nine Black Alps - Cosmopolitan
W15 - Nine Black Alps - Shot Down

Battlefield

X04 - Marilyn Manson - Rock is Dead
T02 - Klayton - Shapeshifter
X25 - Hive - Ultrasonic Sound
W21 - Pitchshifter - Genius
W23 - Fear Factory - Faithless (Zero Signal)

Final Destination

X05 - Juno Reactor - Burly Brawl
T01 - Rob Zombie - Superbeast
T03 - KMFDM - Megalomaniac
W25 - Limp Bizkit - Pollution
W31 - Paul Oakenfold - Dread Rock
Anyone like? Yay, Nay, Maybe?

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
i'm just gonna go ahead and assume you guys are getting rid of Fox's awful Brawl stance/standing animation :)?
what you talking about, he's the only guy with an actual martial arts stance, compared to most of the cast thats just chillin there, he looks like he's ready to fight at any second.

D

Deleted member

At least its better than Marth sitting there playing with his tiara and hair.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
The project is dependent on Dantarion to make any progress. Since he's currently on a short vacation (or half week vacation; he's gone right now, that's all you need to know), nothing will be progressing really.

Also, that Falcon clip was ridiculous.
I wouldn't say that(I believe you were joking btw), as the devs said before, the game progresses all time since changes and testing are done to characters very often.

Roy bad designed... the flare blade sweetspot on the tip of the sword and the little usefulness of the tip of his sword on most attacks are the greatest proof of it :/

He needs to hold his sword on sheathe when not attacking this time though :D
The worst lord character of the FE series needs moar love <3

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Does anyone know if Brawl edges have been fixed? Specifically the magnet hands that auto cling you from miles away?
Ledge grab ranges are in the middle of being fixed for all of the cast. Most of them are done however, and the rest will be soon.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
@FireBall Stars
You sort of took the quote out of context. The person I was responding to was asking about the condition of landing detection which pretty much only Dant will get anywhere with. PM will always be progressing though, yes.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Roy bad designed... the flare blade sweetspot on the tip of the sword and the little usefulness of the tip of his sword on most attacks are the greatest proof of it :/

He needs to hold his sword on sheathe when not attacking this time though :D
The worst lord character of the FE series needs moar love <3
Yeah, Roy will need work... and I hope he gets buffed to point that he is to Marth like Falco is to Fox; Clones with just enough differences to give them very unique playstyles in combination to high viability

Roy is already halfway there to the Falco:Fox relationship with his terribad recovery when compared to Marth's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom