• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Please do. I'd like the easy things removed. Although it doesn't make much of a difference but we are human after all. We're bound to make a mistake someday and pull out a uAir instead of a uSmash, which makes the match more interesting and could decide on the victory.
At high level play it wouldn't make any difference
At low level play it would be more difficult for new players to ease into the game for really no reason.

It adds no competitive depth to the game. It infact removes options, as it takes at least 1 frame to jumpcancel a run into an upsmash.

as far as kaizo's complaint goes, there's nothing preventing the same from being abused in melee, so I don't really understand the issue here. Jeff shouldn't have gotten hit and instead ***** like we know he can.
plus those are old vids.

OverLade

Smash Hero
In Melee you can buffer sidesteps you're seriously calling Usmash on the C stick a shortcut?

This just the kind of blind biased pro melee mentality that stops good brawl players from even getting into melee...

kaizo13

Smash Champion
Rikana hit it right on point

..and how does it not make a difference even at high level play? makes no sense to me since last time i checked even high level players were human. (except for M2K ofcourse)

you say it adds no competitive depth but just the fact that there's slight room for error makes the game just that much more competitive and exciting (no matter how small of a factor it is)

when all these small factors come together....that's what determines a game's replay value.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
The thing is, there isn't a reason to remove it either.

Remember, this isn't a Melee clone, this is Melee 2.0, if there is a new mechanic that improves on an old one, why should we remove it just to make it more like Melee?

Stevo

Smash Champion
I would leave it.

Reason is, some people may want to use the new feature of turning joystick jumping off, which wouldnt let them use the run up-smash ala melee. (as far as I can tell)

Also, I agree, there is really no reason to remove it, everyone jump cancels before up smash anyway. So new players will have it easy with 1 technique, so what. They will have a difficult time adjusting to many of melee's advanced techniques as it is.

oh and kaizo

NOBODY messes up a jump cancel up-smash from a run. I'm not so sure Mew2king is even human, but he definitely would not mess up a run up-smash.

G

genkaku

Blaming M2K's victory on the C stick and raising an issue over what should make absolutely no difference beyond an obligatory frame is a little childish.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
One shouldn't bump up the minimal technical skill requirements if it doesn't somehow have a notable positive effect on gameplay. Of course the C-stick usmash out of a dash should be kept.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
Blaming M2K's victory on the C stick and raising an issue over what should make absolutely no difference beyond an obligatory frame is a little childish.
I think that whole match was M2K being an ******* and trying to make a statement over either stale moves or something else.
I dun liek M2K.
inb4himshowinguphere
<_<
>_>

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I actually think it should be kept. why make something like that more difficult...

Besides I can name hundreds of times when my fox would SH Nair or Uair when I meant to Upsmash. It's always been an annoyance to me.

Stevo

Smash Champion
really?

I didnt realize people actually have difficulty with that......

spam arrows, are you primarily a brawl player?

i've never known of anyone, newbs included, having trouble with it after playing melee for like, a week.

ynnek123

Smash Ace
really?

i've never known of anyone, newbs included, having trouble with it after playing melee for like, a week.
yeah, i didnt even mess it up when i just learned about it lol..

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
Okay then, let's remove the C stick commands since it's a shortcut to the Smash Attacks/Aerials.

lol

If you do a Upsmash from a run, you should not jump because of it, it's just a run... then an Upsmash >_> what kind of difficulty is in that?

If you choose Tap Jump Off you can still use the JC Usmashes(out of run, out of shield) by pressing the jump button right before using the C stick or the A button+up.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Okay then, let's remove the C stick commands since it's a shortcut to the Smash Attacks/Aerials.

lol
That's the same logic. Might as well take it out as well.........:urg:

really?

I can do running Upsmashes fine with Up and A button. the **** up seems to happen with the C-stick

btw I haven't played brawl since November of 2008.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
or better yet, lets allow the C stick to also F-smash & D-smash from a run.....why just Up-smash?

Stevo

Smash Champion
If you choose Tap Jump Off you can still use the JC Usmashes(out of run, out of shield) by pressing the jump button right before using the C stick or the A button+up.
see that seems unnecessarily awkward for the veteran melee player and newby alike.

and messing up U-smash out of shield is very common, but we are discussing c-stick up causing an up-smash from a run. OoS Usmash (as far as i know) has nothing to do with that.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
see that seems unnecessarily awkward for the veteran melee player and newby alike.

and messing up U-smash out of shield is very common, but we are discussing c-stick up causing an up-smash from a run. OoS Usmash (as far as i know) has nothing to do with that.
I don't see how much, many Brawl players do it normally, I think it wouldn't be a problem to most people. If it wasn't by some limitations, Tap Jump Off would be chosen by every one.

The things are simple, both Usmash OoS and Usmash from a run, are jump cancelled Upsmashes, every Upsmash is jump cancelled if your tap jump is on or if you are not playing brawl.

But I see the point, since the C stick command to up don't use a jump, it shouldn't cause and JC Upsmash.

Even if you remove it, they can jump then use the C stick anyway, it would just add an extra command.

Stevo

Smash Champion
well as far as I can tell (and speaking as a melee veteran) under the current system (with "easy" run up-smashes) the only thing I would lose out on by removing tap jump would be up-smash out of shield, which I guess I could get used to tapping a jump button first, if need be.

Most people are so used to playing with it on that it might be a non-issue.

I personally HATE when I try to egg throw with yoshi BEFORE my double jump, and end up gimping myself lol.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
totally forgot about up-b out of shield...

well anyway, the fact of the matter is, up-smash from a dash is easy no matter what, so it's a non-issue (IMO)
That's basically what I was thinking, thanks for putting it in better words. ;)

As I don't naturally speak english some words just get away from my mind. D:

Revven

FrankerZ
Kaizo's thought process is exactly the reason why it won't be changed. That minor thing does nothing positive or negative for the game. It's just there and there's really no reason in using up time to remove it just because "GAH! ONE LESS BUTTON TO PRESS = TOO EASY". You might as well say that for C-stick entirely, it's one less button to press so why not? It makes it easier, let's remove C-stick smashes altogether!

See, no, that argument is full of fallacy and you know it.

Rikana

Smash Champion
^^^^

I'm sure he knows that. He's saying since you don't need to jc usmash but instead just flick the cstick, why not just have the option to fsmash in dash instead of just crouch to fsmash.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
because it's just one extra button press?
how about instead of wasting so much energy on useless crap like this you just go learn to tap the control stick down during a run.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
Kaizo's thought process is exactly the reason why it won't be changed.
well i'm glad to have made a contribution to the project

and once again...Rikana right on point, was starting to believe half the people here were illiterate

Revven

FrankerZ

and once again...Rikana right on point, was starting to believe half the people here were illiterate
And you think that argument is solid? It's not.

Let's remove c-sticking altogether, it's one less button than pressing control stick + A.

Clearly that argument is solid because I can apply it to something else too that isn't actually a problem in the first place.

/facepalm

Sora-kun

Smash Ace

w/e dude i misunderstood you.
Chill out. It's not a big deal and throwing out insults doesn't help the matter. At all.

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
like I said earlier, I always JC usmash, so its not a big deal for me. I like the fact that its in because it makes some characters with small jumpsquat frames easier to running usmash (sheik and fox especially). Like some others were saying earlier, it helps people that are newer to the game get into it. and to all those people talking about m2k's fox usmash shenanigans, you have to realize something. he plays the gayest way possible. if there is something guaranteed, he'll take it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom