• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Dr. Peepee doesn't like it but aside from that Stingers is hard trolling lol. Everyone in FL loves it.

Edit:
Landing detection is the only real barrier to making it feel like melee right now.

shanus

Smash Hero
Thats the problem with giving out an unfinished product. If people played it 3 months ago, its a vastly different game now. Thats one of the main reasons we wanted to keep it under wraps, because people don't honestly understand the level of changes we are now achieving.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
lol trust me jcaeser. i've been a good boy. WHEN I let people play it, I told them how beta it was, but that doesn't change the fact that people just werent having fun with it.

maybe the people that have played with sneak for the 1st time liked it better @.@ idk.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
LOL I can hear the desperation in your voice as you read this. This game isn't anywhere near its prime in hype. Just because people in this thread are hyped doesnt mean the melee commuity is hyped. It doesnt mean the brawl community is hyped.

But they will be... :awesome:
stop responding to me. You can address me in person or PM if you have a problem. Aside from that we have nothing else to say to eachother.

i dont think he's saying that. Landing detection would make the game feel almost perfect, but its not as important as other codes such as L cancel in hitstun.
If landing detection is considered possible to code, then im sure they will wait until it is added. However if not, the game will still be incredibly good. Dont try and rush it, i honestly doubt that it will loose steam, as long as its not leaked to the general public early
I don't think so either. I didn't get that sense either time I played it. In fact it felt like everything else was the problem. Landing detection felt like a bonus annoyance.

I don't think this project should be rushed. It's still got lots of momentum anyway. I just think if landing detection gets fixed on August 10th 2012. Most of the momentum its got now will be completely gone. Nobody will give a **** anymore lol. I'm not even sure people would still be playing smash then.

Jay Talbayne

Smash Apprentice
I honestly think that even without landing dection being fixed, Project M is 100% playable. It will just require a slight adjustment, as will a lot of things.

L-Canceling during hitlag NEEDS to be fixed
OH YEA!!!
Wait... what about the clone engine?..

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Man, I feel really bad for Dant. I feel like he's the only Coder in the project. At least non PSA/BBox whatever coder. That's gotta make things pretty tough for him.

Where are all the Brawl+/- coders at?

Or was that more just character stuff that didn't need actual Coding opposed to like psa type work?

shanus

Smash Hero
Me and Toaster are the only other coders for global GCT codes. However, we do not know ASM or wIIrd (toaster is learning now and has a USB Gecko though!), leaving Dant to do any of the remaining hard (read ASM or wizard-like) codes.

However, most of the codes that we could have coded, have been. Only minor edits remain to crouch canceling, etc.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Me and Toaster are the only other coders for global GCT codes. However, we do not know ASM or wIIrd (toaster is learning now and has a USB Gecko though!), leaving Dant to do any of the remaining hard (read ASM or wizard-like) codes.

However, most of the codes that we could have coded, have been. Only minor edits remain to crouch canceling, etc.
Speaking of crouch cancelling, is it possible to only make it work to say... 50%?

I may be just whining, but it is a bit OP'd on some chars due to its ease of use and how useful it is.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
.....It was said many times that all audio hacks were optional......

LOL @ Hype Backlash @ an unfinished product.

They're called alphas for a REASON.

Jay Talbayne

Smash Apprentice
I just hope this doesnt turn into another card sagas wars lol

Joint still isnt out.. and its been under development for like 3 years!

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I have faith in them that it won't.

All they have to do is NOT follow 3D realm's example.

No one else has a Gecko Grimoire which is needed to promote..........

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Yea um...So i played Project M, and I was playing link, and i noticed that He can do mid-air Glide toss into his bomb for an extra Up-B or he can keep repeating this forever. Idk if this was intentional or not <.<

I think he needs it, Its only useful at high percents, at low percents its just useful for a more ranged Recovery and he can Mid air Glide toss into the stage also.
Do you mean he can AGT (aerial glide toss), recatch the bomb and AGT again? Or AGT and up-B into the bomb, pull another bomb and do it agian? If it's the former, that was taken out months ago and you were playing a very outdated set. If it's the latter, I can't imagine Link would be able to do it more than once and actually gain height from it, unless he was at a really high %.

Or maybe I'm misunderstanding you.
I'm pretty sure he means that you can aerial glide toss and fly into the bomb right afterwards, thus it exploding on contact...and then you can do stuff out of it (even another one of these if you are damaged high enough).

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure he means that you can aerial glide toss and fly into the bomb right afterwards, thus it exploding on contact...and then you can do stuff out of it (even another one of these if you are damaged high enough).
they must be playing an old version or something. now when you AGT you go into special fall, and for link to run into his own bomb vertically is almost impossible with how high he throws it. for him to even run into the bomb horizontally on the stage it takes almost all of smashvilles length to do so. even if by some crazy chance you AGT the bomb up and hit it, do you honestly think you can stall someone out before you get edge guarded?

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
You don't go into special fall if you get hit with something afterwards...
Try dodging diagonally upwards to do it. Since when people use it
onstage, they only dodge horizontally. It would make sense that a diagonal upwards air-dodge would send you on an intersecting path with the bomb if the horizontal one sends you below it.

Edit: And why are you even asking me that question? It's not like I'm defending a point that says "one can do it indefinitely to stall" or something... I'm just stating what I think T2 Virus is saying... :ohwell:

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
Speaking of crouch cancelling, is it possible to only make it work to say... 50%?

I may be just whining, but it is a bit OP'd on some chars due to its ease of use and how useful it is.
Some characters have the good point of having a long lasting Crouch Cancel, such as Samus, it's a great point on her game.

Making all of them have crouch cancel up to 50% would benefit too much characters who haven't a good CC until that and/or take out advantages from characters who had a better CC.

iLink

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure that is what he meant, I've seen link AGT down while throwing the bomb down making it detonate when he catches up to it.

T2 virus

Smash Rookie
Do you mean he can AGT (aerial glide toss), recatch the bomb and AGT again? Or AGT and up-B into the bomb, pull another bomb and do it agian? If it's the former, that was taken out months ago and you were playing a very outdated set. If it's the latter, I can't imagine Link would be able to do it more than once and actually gain height from it, unless he was at a really high %.

Or maybe I'm misunderstanding you.[/QUOTE]

As far as i know it was the latest version. Or not, Either way the game felt extremely smooth and very fun. Personally don't care if its outdated, Its still too fun <.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom