• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
it was a few years ago. Now its considered too good for fox and jiggly, so its been removed from CP. Most stages are banned now in melee sadly, including mute city, brimstar, DK 64, pokefloats etc
What? Brinstar, DK64, and RC are all counterpicks the vast majority of the time. Somebody might ban Brinstar or RC on rare occasions, but it's not the norm.

edit: At least in the US. I know Japan and much of Europe use smaller stage lists.

Mahie

Smash Lord
Yeah in Europe it's basically FD, DL64, YS, and then PS/FoD/BF, one of those 3 being usually a counterpick, but that changes.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Yeah the "pound 4" ruleset (which a lot of tournaments follow) has the following stagelist

Neutrals: FD, BF, YS, DL, FoD
Counterpicks: Pokemon Stadium, Brinstar, Rainbow Cruise, DK 64

Making a total of 9 stages.

Rainbow Cruise is just one of the more extreme counterpicks of the list is all, but not so extreme that it needs many changes (though there are a few, such as making the yellow blocks above the swinging platform near the top pass through-able)

D

Deleted member

it was a few years ago. Now its considered too good for fox and jiggly, so its been removed from CP. Most stages are banned now in melee sadly, including mute city, brimstar, DK 64, pokefloats etc
Its up to the TO's discretion to ban these stages.

Brinstar, Kongo Jungle 64, and RC are often not banned.

Pokemon Stadium is the only official CP.

Also, all the CPs in Melee favor Fox the same way that all the CPs in Brawl favor MK.

jalued

Smash Lord
Its up to the TO's discretion to ban these stages.

Brinstar, Kongo Jungle 64, and RC are often not banned.

Pokemon Stadium is the only official CP.

Also, all the CPs in Melee favor Fox the same way that all the CPs in Brawl favor MK.
European tournament stages are generally very limited. Having the best peach in the world doesnt really help the situation with kongo 64

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I thought Japan was FD and BF only.

They hate platforms?

Anyway, though that match has an easy solution(pick someone else) scaling it down will stop that from happening.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
This thread is terrible >_>. I was expecting 7 pages of vids and cool stuff when coming here. And all I see is wario discussion for a few pages, complaining and melee stage discussion....woot?

stingers

Smash Obsessed
well why do you have to say that and feed to the negativity...there is nothing wrong or unnatural about a melee-centric thread diverting to melee stage discussion after awhile, and obviously the people who were conversating about it didn't seem to much mind it. if you don't have anything nice to say, then just don't post, rather than complain about it

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
The point of my post was to steer discussion back to the topic of Project M, or at least for someone to relate the current discussion to it, rather than "ya KJ64 should be banned" which has absolutely nothing to do with Project M.

But there's no recent amazing news to share with you guys, unfortunately.

AeonClock

Smash Apprentice
How is this thread terrible because of the Wario thing? Isn't that kind of the PURPOSE of the thread?
It's better than just discussing random crap and asking the same questions over and over.

Darkshooter

Smash Ace
Little feature list I made:
Its time to end vBrawl once & for all.

.Heart pumping physics: Experience the glory of Melee, all over again.
.Raising the Stakes: Snake, a legendary soldier of fortune and Sonic, Sega's answer to Mario, have joined the Melee! Also included is Lucas, Ness's second in command.
.Function over form: Every stage in Melee 2 has been designed for the most simplistic. That means no distractions, in turn meaning more fairer fights.
.Oh you fancy, huh?: Get them fancypants ready. Teching just returned, and hed like to have a word with HAL.
.Soundtrack to suit tastes: Two soundtrack will be made. One of mostly video of games, and the other of real world tracks from Celldweller, JXL and Blue Stahli. What you choose, is all up to you.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Pit is being looked at as an entire character... Or will be. SHeLL has been busy, but he's going to handle the revamp himself. I'm also going to assist him where I can.

D

Deleted member

This has probably been answered in the 1154 pages, but...

Do I need a Brawl disk to play this when it comes out? This is the only thing stopping me from selling it.

Also, was there any resolution to the donations thing? You guys are doing great work and I wouldn't mind donating.

MuBa

Smash Lord

Do I need a Brawl disk to play this when it comes out? This is the only thing stopping me from selling it.

Also, was there any resolution to the donations thing? You guys are doing great work and I wouldn't mind donating.
Yes you will definitely need the Brawl disc to play (and a regular SD card, preferably 2 GB a most). Also we (or me in this case) don't need any donations. We're working on this project with much love and enthusiasm for all of you guys who are interested. The only thing we need from you is to keep the torch for Project M burning.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
I have no idea if this was already mentioned, but is Roy's up-b one hit kill on Jigg's being kept?

I think it should because its VERY situational (However, since Roy's combo power is being improved he could very well end up with the ability to combo into it like Marth can with his up-b). Also, considering Roy's recovery, characters like Jiggs will be his nemesis. So I think this very minor vantage could help him out a bit in the matchup. Though it is very miniscule.

Secret 50:50 Roy and Jiggs matchup ftw

jalued

Smash Lord
I have no idea if this was already mentioned, but is Roy's up-b one hit kill on Jigg's being kept?

I think it should because its VERY situational (However, since Roy's combo power is being improved he could very well end up with the ability to combo into it like Marth can with his up-b). Also, considering Roy's recovery, characters like Jiggs will be his nemesis. So I think this very minor vantage could help him out a bit in the matchup. Though it is very miniscule.

Secret 50:50 Roy and Jiggs matchup ftw
it may have been good against jiggz, but overall his upB have set knockack meant that it was really bad against everyone else. Tbh mot of Roy's moveset in melee was badly designed and im sure that his remake will put melee roy to shame (without removing the "feel")

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
Pit is being looked at as an entire character... Or will be. SHeLL has been busy, but he's going to handle the revamp himself. I'm also going to assist him where I can.
I hope he keeps his Dair and Uair. I use those a lot. Dair at least.. But i'm sure he'll turn out even better if you decide to change those.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof

MuBa's response.. Needs fixed. ;)

1) USB Loaders work with Project M. Nothing about them can be discussed on SWF however.
2) PMBR itself isn't really taking donations. Dantarion is. He's the one doing the big magical codes - Landing detection, clone engine, etc.

LAW2222

Smash Journeyman
project look great so far, im excited to play it
is landing detection coming along at all?
sorry if thats been asked a bunch

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
project look great so far, im excited to play it
is landing detection coming along at all?
sorry if thats been asked a bunch
The project is dependent on Dantarion to make any progress. Since he's currently on a short vacation (or half week vacation; he's gone right now, that's all you need to know), nothing will be progressing really.

Also, that Falcon clip was ridiculous.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Sorry about that.
I thought KJ64 was going to be in the stage list and suggested a way to make it better for PM by scaling it to the characters like in 64.

Why don't we finish tweaking stages and such while we wait for him to be back from semi-vacation.

I don't have a Gecko Grimoire, so it may be a while before we can decipher the scripts I found in certain stages....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom