• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
You guys are very disappoint. I just got back from my first day of school and see this.

@Sora - If you have issues with somebody, just use your ignore list in your user cp. I utilize it for several people and it is amazing.
@Stingers - Why you troll tho?
@Others - Be more mature about things. If you see someone post ****, don't respond. Honestly, you guys have seriously disappointed me with your maturity. Control your posting please.
Fine. Sorry. I was in a bad mood already so i guess if that's the case i'll just not read this thread until i'm calm.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
You guys should implement a sexy sound effect for when you strike shields. It would make pressuring shields more entertaining. A good blocking sound effect is definitely a plus in traditional fighters, why not Smash, eh?

OverLade

Smash Hero
Or we could keep the Melee/Brawl shield sound instead of annoying people who actually play smash and not king of fighters/random other fighters with different shield clank sounds...

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
Wouldn't it be hard to find a sound that doesn't get stupid annoying? It'd have to be subtle so it doesn't give a headache and would have to change between a few sounds. Also, considering shielding stuff happens a lot in matches i could see it becoming stupid. I don't really think it's worth it but if it worked it would be kinda cool i guess.. it's the devs' decision.

ManEg

Smash Journeyman
Considering the "shield" here it's actually a bubble, it's kinda hard to think of a blocking sound that doesn't get annoying fast.

I like the Brawl power shield sound, however, it doesn't sound like if is something being reflected. Maybe a sound for when you power shield a projectile and another for when you power shield an attack?

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
A minor thing that i'm wondering about..
When shields break in 64(idr if this is in melee) the character screams. Is it possible to put this in project M? Shield breaking is rare in a competitive level so why not add it as an extra sound to make the rare occasion all the sweeter? like how rest's *PING* gives a sense of victory to the jiggz user.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
A minor thing that i'm wondering about..
When shields break in 64(idr if this is in melee) the character screams. Is it possible to put this in project M? Shield breaking is rare in a competitive level so why not add it as an extra sound to make the rare occasion all the sweeter? like how rest's *PING* gives a sense of victory to the jiggz user.
hmmmm yeah seems like a worthwhile addition.

let's get dant on it right away.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
sound effect things will be done in due time. your suggestions have been noted; however, we do have a lot of non-aesthetic work to do.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
I've seen one video of shiz if I am not wrong that when a projectile is reflected by the shield, it makes the same sound of when a projectile is reflected by the franklin badge, seems pretty good to me. And clearly warns that you succeded on it by being somewhat loud.

I Like the brawl powershield sound, it has personality. In a game when rarely powershielfing occurs like melee, it won't hurt anyone.

I like the SF4 blocking sounds, but I don't think it fits well the shield, it's not something massive like when characters block with their bodies, it's a hard and apparently flexible bubble, I think the current sound is okay.

But anyway, aesthetic details.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
sound effect things will be done in due time. your suggestions have been noted; however, we do have a lot of non-aesthetic work to do.
of course. non-aesthetics should be priority anyway.

hmmmm yeah seems like a worthwhile addition.

let's get dant on it right away.
i.. can't even tell if that's sarcasm or not..
anyway i'm not saying it's important that it be in i'm just saying it'd be kinda cool and wouldn't seem out of place at all.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Oh daaaaaaaaaaaamn. I knew it was some sort of box collision, but I couldn't place the topic of it at all.

And holy crap, that's excessive.

a nub

Smash Ace
That shield break idea would be cool. Kinda weird that only yoshi, falcon, ganon, ness, pichu, and pika scream when their shields are broken

oh and good **** with the ledge grab boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom