• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
Unfortunately doesn't make sense along of being weight independent. It would be perfectly plausible with the throw depending on the character weight.

Anyway, that may be interesting in P:M. Some CGs may stop working earlier while other characters may be able to CG heavier characters with a throw that couldn't do that before. But I'm certain that you work on things to not be like Ganon Dthrow on Snake.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
It'd be so helpful if we could get throws to be weight independent. Then we could port Melee throw data <_<
Video game, doesn't need to make sense, yadda yadda yadda. Characters jumping 1 or more times while in the air?!?!?!???!?! oh well.

G

genkaku

I would prefer melee throws. All this talk about being realistic is irrelevant.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
What I'm saying is throw should make sense in this case. If you throw bowser, he shouldn't be thrown as far and falco get thrown. Is it really realistically right for a BIRD to fly faster than a GIANT BEEFY TURTLE? IT doesn't seem right, even in a video game.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
and yet, as far as gameplay goes, the game would benefit from weight independent knockback.
making sense is not as important as having good gameplay.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
i have seen it being played at tourneys in Florida so i know i can get it but where
No one should have to waste their time showing this to you, (its in the second post on the first page) but here is everything you need to know:

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Is there a release date for this project?
As of now, no. A release date would more likely than not result in a rushed game that isn't ready for public release. We'd like to have the game out by the end of this year, or hopefully by Pound 5, but we can't guarantee anything yet.

If I bug the heck out of you, can I playtest plz?
No. You get to go through the application process, just like everyone else.

What if I offer sexual favors?
Depends on your performance. We'll let you know afterward.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
It's closed alpha. You can play with someone who already has it like HBox or Smashmac but you can't have a copy for yourself unless you are a part of the backroom.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
=/

I wouldn't really say that Sora. The only reason why MK is GDLK is the Brawl physics/hitstun. I mean, certain characters get shafted like Falcon and Sonic. Where infact Brawl Falcon would do amazing in a Melee environment (but I <3 Melee faclon moar. NIPPLES!). MK doesn't really have aerial movement or what not. I mean, of course there's going to be some good stuff. But you'd be amazed at how buffed he is by the Brawl physics/hitstun.

True. I agree with you. My main hatred for him is for his priority. oh, and he kills faster than link.. as does everyone -.-
true story: someone lived my non-stale spin attack at 160. He was Marth. e.e

Transcendent priority on his attacks was a ******** idea. As was Tornado being near unbreakable, etc. But i see your point. Brawl physics ensure that he's the best. Nado camping is the way of the future! I lost all faith in Brawl when i saw MLG M2K vs Ally and the commentator said "tornado strategy" without any mocking sarcasm. Smashing B had become viable.

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
well i was watching red halberd playing at a smash tourney i hosted so that is why i asked.

he was wanting me to run a Project M side tourney thats why

OverLade

Smash Hero
MK is a really good character... i just dont think he's OP and about the jiggs players beating fox... its not the character its the player . Fox still ***** jiggs on stage and if you put yourself in a position where ur off stage then you deserve to die. You make bad decisions and you lose, plain and simple. If you look how at hbox vs armada he may use alot of bairs but he did outplay him mentally as well by and mindgamed him into shielding and started grabbing and tricking him into upsmashes and thats all on the player. Jiggs doesn't need a nerf at all.
I think saying Jiggs beats fox requires looking at the characters raw options without factoring in the amount of skill it takes on the individual parts of the players to actually execute at a level where the match will be even. The only players who could beat a top Jiggs with Fox could probably beat that Jiggs player with any other character, not because Jiggs beats fox. Being realistic about reasonable human error Jiggs definitely beats fox. At the level where Fox can actually weave around jigg's aerial attacks the jiggs player can camp and react safely to Fox's approaches...

smash Your m0m

Smash Journeyman
i think saying jiggs beats fox requires looking at the characters raw options without factoring in the amount of skill it takes on the individual parts of the players to actually execute at a level where the match will be even. The only players who could beat a top jiggs with fox could probably beat that jiggs player with any other character, not because jiggs beats fox. Being realistic about reasonable human error jiggs definitely beats fox. At the level where fox can actually weave around jigg's aerial attacks the jiggs player can camp and react safely to fox's approaches...
owneddddddd!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MacD

Banned via Administration
project M people

i just wanted to say lucas *****

and i love that i can play him and not have him suck complete balls

also charging B then dsmash doing 63 makes me feel at home lol

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
project M people

i just wanted to say lucas *****

and i love that i can play him and not have him suck complete balls

also charging B then dsmash doing 63 makes me feel at home lol

We Link mains feel your pain <_<

wasn't the reason the ****** was bad in brawl because of his grab release animation anyway? I'm curious as to what other issues plagued him.

OverLade

Smash Hero
SyM is just trolling, dont' mind him.

My basic point is that if two playersare equally skilled, the player using Puff is likely to win solely on how hard Puff can punish mistakes, and how likely the other player is to make mistakes/occasionally misread.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
True. I agree with you. My main hatred for him is for his priority. oh, and he kills faster than link.. as does everyone -.-

Transcendent priority on his attacks was a ******** idea. As was Tornado being near unbreakable, etc. But i see your point. Brawl physics ensure that he's the best. Nado camping is the way of the future! I lost all faith in Brawl when i saw MLG M2K vs Ally and the commentator said "tornado strategy" without any mocking sarcasm. Smashing B had become viable.
LMFAO, why don't you try "smashing B" on ally and see how far you get.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
SyM is just trolling, dont' mind him.

My basic point is that if two players are equally skilled, the player using Puff is likely to win solely on how hard Puff can punish mistakes, and how likely the other player is to make mistakes/occasionally misread.
Yea i understood what you meant but at the same time i was saying how fox definitely has the tools to beat puff consistently as long as they make the right decisions, but that's universal for every match up

Gindler

Smash Champion

Dair that Mofo, you can....kinda combo into it :confused:

Sigh, where's that list of the many moves that shred tornado?

OverLade

Smash Hero
Yea i understood what you meant but at the same time i was saying how fox definitely has the tools to beat puff consistently as long as they make the right decisions, but that's universal for every match up
Yeah but window of punishment and risk reward are a lot more important than tools. The risk reward ratio of Puff compared to Fox is laughable, and Fox is still probably the 2nd safest character which is why he still does well. Puff should only lose if she's getting outplayed by a sizeable margin and even then sometimes she doesn't because she can take quick stocks from single reads.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
LMFAO, why don't you try "smashing B" on ally and see how far you get.
orly

well you trolling **** http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-19NssjjZQ

gg cp?

edit:
@gindler nado's priority + wind box + the fact that it has stupid shield pressure and moves pretty fast = it's not always easy to get the required move ready to hit him out of it. all because moves exist that beat it doesn't mean the MK will let you be in a position to use it and isn't this a god **** discussion for an MK ban thread? e.e

stingers

Smash Obsessed
of course ****ing mew2king can use tornado effectively on brinstar. you would get 3 stocked. it's not ****ing "easy"

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
of course ****ing mew2king can use tornado effectively on brinstar. you would get 3 stocked. it's not ****ing "easy"
It doesnt take that much concentration or skill, honestly I think any semicompetative Melee player could have had nearly the same results

stingers

Smash Obsessed
It doesnt take that much concentration or skill, honestly I think any semicompetative Melee player could have had nearly the same results
lmao competative

well that thought is just another reason why nobody knows who you are...nor will they ever

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
..that's cuz he was nerfed e.e his recovery not being rediculous = he was nerfed. his priority not beating out everything = he was nerfed. so.. you basically just said "he was nerfed and he seems very balanced now".
...duh. I was replying to the guy who said MK needed nerfing. I don't appreciate you talking to me like I don't know anything.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
you really don't know what you're talking about. if you're going to bash brawl, at least don't be ignorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom