• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanus

Smash Hero
Charizard has a unique form of flame canceling that will be revealed at a later point in time. Its pretty **** epic.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
Charizard has a unique form of flame canceling that will be revealed at a later point in time. Its pretty **** epic.
I am ****ing curious now lol

And now this
Myself said:
First about Mario, will you enhance his recovery? I mean, he will have his tornado back right? Will you give him extra height/control or less lag? And will the tornado be a viable move like the cyclone?

And now for Ike, will you make him closer to his FE counterpart? Like being much faster, agile and maybe have a mid range projectile? Will his counter be closer to Roy's, will be like Brawl+'s or will it have unique properties (don't know, ranged attack, giving more damage than knockback or the inverse, something like that)? Will you make Aether a more viable move like being faster and/or having bigger horizontal movement when used in the ground or something like that?
I questioned those things before, somethings about Ike were answered by humble from marf's post a page ago I think.

But if possibe, answer if you have made any plans about that stuff and if you don't, please answer too lol

shanus

Smash Hero
Mario has a work-in-progress melee-nado that will have some interesting...enhancements. He additionally can walljump out of upB, but its easier than melee because you don't need to be touching the wall the entire time for it to be enabled.

Bowser has been worked on a lot by Jiang, Warriorknight, and Badguy, but his changes will be made public in due time.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
Well, even a balanced game will have character that will have some bad matchups.

But if all of its matchups are bad, then there's a problem

He's strong, heavy and has a good range. Maybe only need tweaks in the recovery and sluggishness area and will be ok, well, just said maybe.

Thanks for answering shanus, I always wanted to use more the tornado. Thas UpB wall jump was very useful in yoshi story sometimes, it's great that you will return with it.

Having to be touching the wall all the time was a pain.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
We aren't changing L-canceling or removing it.

Discussion ended.
Discussion re-opened. :ohwell:

How do you guys in the back-room expect progress on things like this when you shut down potential discussions before they begin?

My Point: There should be situations where L-Cancelling is NOT the best thing to do.

Why?: This would assist with this goal stated in the second post:
3) Where the player has a great degree of control over his character due to the technical skill that he's achieved.
Also with a few of the "un-written" goals which I have picked up, which seem to be "Visible skill gap between pros and scrubs" and "Added depth".

How?: I have no ideas, this is purely up for debate or a decision by the back-room members.

****, yes! Anything else been done with Charizard/any videos of him?

OrlyMelee

Smash Cadet
Grimtuesday if you dont like L-cancel the way it is go make your own mod.

L-cancel wasn't a problem in melee so why do people ***** about it now.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Grimtuesday if you dont like L-cancel the way it is go make your own mod.

L-cancel wasn't a problem in melee so why do people ***** about it now.
I am doubting you read my post. At all.
If I was going to make my own mod, it wouldn't be the standard for P:M, which is what I am going for.
Let me ask you a question, if you don't like a feature in a game, do you make your own game and fix it? Or do you suggest a replacement to the developer?

People ***** about it now because we can actually change it.

shanus

Smash Hero
The point is, we have decided L-canceling long before you joined the discussion GrimTuesday. I am 99% sure in my statement that every member within the backroom supports its inclusion as is (with hitlag bug fixed, of course). We have a goal in mind and I'm sorry if it doesn't match your expectations, but many players are excited for it is as is and your opinion on a new form of L-canceling is in the smallest minority.

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
Since people don't seem to understand this...

WE UNDERSTAND THAT L-CANCELLING IS A THOUGHTLESS TECHNIQUE AND WE DO NOT CARE.

I am 99% sure in my statement that every member within the backroom supports its inclusion as is (with hitlag bug fixed, of course). We have a goal in mind and I'm sorry if it doesn't match your expectations, but many players.
You are mistaken, sir. However, I recognize that my opinion is overruled by nostalgic loyalty to the mechanic in Melee and that I won't get anywhere by arguing about it (since I've had this argument several times, including in the days before B+ was called B+).

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
sorry for going off topic but I have a quick question about Ganondorf's nair.

will you be keeping it the same? my suggestion is to make it similar to C.Falcon's nair.

imo, Ganondorf's nair had very little use in Melee and if you made it like C.Falcon's nair, it'd add more combo potential to his game and another quick out of shield option for him rather than uair or shieldgrabs.

ICHIGOBLEACH

Smash Apprentice
I don't know too much about Ganon, but I think his Nair did have situational uses.

Also, even if we gave it Falcon knockback, he wouldn't be able to combo with it due to his vastly inferior horizontal aerial movement.

Uh... WTF?
no trust me his nair is terrible. give him falcon nair speed and now we've got some potential. nair knocks fastfallers over and sets up for tech chases. this would go hand in hand with his new side b.
also ow selective are you on pm applications
eidt: windowl shanus joked that if l-cancelling was brought up again that you guys would remove zss from project m

stingers

Smash Obsessed
no trust me his nair is terrible. give him falcon nair speed and now we've got some potential. nair knocks fastfallers over and sets up for tech chases. this would go hand in hand with his new side b.
I think you've got a good shot, just apply and give good credentials.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
I don't know too much about Ganon, but I think his Nair did have situational uses.

Also, even if we gave it Falcon knockback, he wouldn't be able to combo with it due to his vastly inferior horizontal aerial movement.
well yeah I don't expect him to combo much out of it. I was thinking more about being able to just knock people away and possibly set up for tech chase opportunities like how C.Falcon does to spacies. I feel like Ganondorf gets stuck in his shield a lot so changing his nair can/would give him more options.

ICHIGOBLEACH

Smash Apprentice
well yeah I don't expect him to combo much out of it. I was thinking more about being able to just knock people away and possibly set up for tech chase opportunities like how C.Falcon does to spacies. I feel like Ganondorf gets stuck in his shield a lot so changing his nair can/would give him more options.
eidt: windowl shanus joked that if l-cancelling was brought up again that you guys would remove zss from project m
yeah same ideas
actually would be pretty tight

Revven

FrankerZ
sorry for going off topic but I have a quick question about Ganondorf's nair.

will you be keeping it the same? my suggestion is to make it similar to C.Falcon's nair.

imo, Ganondorf's nair had very little use in Melee and if you made it like C.Falcon's nair, it'd add more combo potential to his game and another quick out of shield option for him rather than uair or shieldgrabs.
Another reason why Ganondorf's Nair in Melee was actually rubbish is because the hitboxes were only out for a really short time and didn't last the length of the animations. However, in Brawl, they fixed that (which he has this Nair in P:M). Whereas in Brawl Captain Falcon inherited Ganondorf's Nair from Melee (just a fun fact).

SO, really, Nair has already been changed to be better. It's just you need to find applications for it and then if it has none still, go from there.

Hellsinglover999

Smash Journeyman
no Supermodel didn't Grimtuesday did it.
you are misunderstanding what i am saying.

Supermodel started the discussion on lcanceling grim continued it.

what shanus said was if supermodel's post started a discussion on lcanceling then he would remove zss. diddnt say anything about him continueing it lol

not that this matters at all its a joke i think some of this is language barrier

SuperT00n

Smash Rookie
hey guys, application on the way once i get home!
edit: i read the application, how will you go about teaching new recruits?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom