• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pwned-by-the-poob

Smash Apprentice
some random questions:

1. can falco still chain grab fox with down throw?
2. are marth's animations changed to give his moves melee range?
3. is there anything special/different planned for king dedede? lol. i love him

also when is that shiz gameplay gonna be uploaded? i'm ANXIOUS! haha

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
wtf girls play smash??? IMPOSSIBLE! BLASPHEMY! MADNESS!!!

oknotrlyi'mjk
i know some that do.. but i've never met one who plays competitively.. well i've met 3 =_= w/e you get the point.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
am i the only one who thinks that melee graphics work better for melee gameplay?

or maybe it's the sound effects... i can't tell.. regardless, good match from Amsah.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
We've ported everything about hitboxes except their size sooooo anything you think is off is probably just you seeing things or they had good DI.

See above.
http://www.gifsoup.com/

...how is this Melee KB or angle? there has to be more than just hitbox sizes missing

If it's not done yet, i can understand that, but saying that's it's good and ready to go while looking like this is what bothers me.

am I really just seeing things or does anybody else agree?

Ulevo

Smash Master
http://www.gifsoup.com/

...how is this Melee KB? there has to be more than just hitbox sizes missing

If it's not done yet, i can understand that, but saying that's it's good and ready to go while looking like this is what bothers me.

am I really just seeing things or does anybody else agree?

Melee Sheik's Fair *****, particularly at higher percents.

I see no ****.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Amsah and Faab were playing with an outdated Sheik .pac. We literally transferred Knockback over while they were playing.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
Sheik's Fair obviously will not have it's silly knockback from melee (I think).

Anyway, just posting to say that I(A Brazillian Melee Backromer) am posting your videos and bringing news all the time about Project M and this thread to the Brazillian forums as not many melee players are active on SFW, and it is receiving great feedback and many people are hyped about it, always asking for more videos and things like that.

I would like so much to help but I know just the very basic about programming so I wouldn't be of help unfortunately :(

We wish you so much luck with this project and success. We (or at least I) have faith on your work. Too much awesome changes for an alpha just makes me wonder how more awesome the beta will be.

Thanks for the attention

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
Sheik's Fair obviously will not have it's silly knockback from melee (I think).

Anyway, just posting to say that I(A Brazillian Melee Backromer) am posting your videos and bringing news all the time about Project M and this thread to the Brazillian forums as not many melee players are active on SFW, and it is receiving great feedback and many people are hyped about it, always asking for more videos and things like that.

I would like so much to help but I know just the very basic about programming so I wouldn't be of help unfortunately :(

We wish you so much luck with this project and success. We (or at least I) have faith on your work. Too much awesome changes for an alpha just makes me wonder how more awesome the beta will be.

Thanks for the attention
hyped that brazilians have possibly watched my snake lol

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Also, the high and top tiers are being ported pretty much as is, so they'll have all of their crazy moves (like Sheik Fair, etc.).

However, everyone else will be a lot better than before, and have some crazy moves of their own.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
i came so close to takin a match off of axe in pools i got his pika down to 1 stock high %... then i seen him vs chops and shiz and was like holy ****.. his falco caught me totally off guard tho also.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
dont change pikachu...except qac i guess...axe is so **** you cant change a thing
this.
and while you're at it, taj is so ****ing good with mewtwo you shouldn't change anything for him either and.. oh wait.. e.e

taj almost wrecked armada.. that has to count for something o.o

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I don't think that they've said that anything is "good and ready to go". Everything is constantly changing, even the "mostly unchanged" top tiers.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
dont change pikachu...except qac i guess...axe is so **** you cant change a thing
There are to many things about Pika that need to be fixed. Then matches like those can happen more frequently. I mean if you look at it even Axe's Pika never more then 1 Stocked Armada and Armada 3 stocked him...twice I think. He is still Auto loss vs Sheik. In fact Axe may have lucked out that most good sheiks that actually came didn't make it to pools or who knows....Still aside from those things I think Pika is better in melee then given credit for but not perfect by any means.

94teen

Smash Cadet
Definitely glad to hear that P:M was well recieved at APEX. Can't wait to see some of the matches that were recorded; it'll be interesting to see how well players were able to adapt, and just how similar the play is. I know a lot of people who are a lot more excited about the project after hearing how much Shiz, Amsah, et all liked it.

In the meantime, since there's been a lot of interesting talk about Link, Pikachu, and Yoshi, I'm curious to hear what's been done/what people think could be done with Zelda. I've been playing a lot of her recently, and it seems like there's a couple of problems, but I could just be terrible with her. Here are the things that I've been having trouble with that might be areas for improvement:

1. Her motion is pretty limited. Slow dash and a short wavedash make it pretty hard to space on the ground.

2. There aren't very many opportunities to follow up. Really, your plan is to rack up damage with weaker moves and mindgame people into a Fair/Bair. There aren't very many set ups or combos that I've been able to find.

3. Grab game is the worst? Her grab is so slow, and it's range is awful. The only reasonable combos i could find with Zelda start with grabs. Uthrow can chain fastfallers, can lead to Dash attack or Fair/Bair, and is really the best set up I've been able to find, but it's really hard to get grabs through any kind of pressure, especially on faster characters, or characters who can space better.

4. Recovery is lame. Now, I'm pretty bad at recovering in general, and it could just be that I need to practice more, but Zelda's recovery doesn't give you a whole lot of options. For high recoveries, it's fine, since you can either sweetspot or go almost anywhere on stage. But if you could control the length of ^B, or could get some momentum afterwards, I think it'd give you a lot more options, especially coming from the below the ledge.

Just some thoughts. I'm sure the backroom already has some plans/has already changed Zelda up, but I'm curious to hear what other people think of her.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
I heard from someone a long while ago that zelda was doing fine and you won't be disappointed. i forget who tho..

D

Deleted member

3. Grab game is the worst? Her grab is so slow, and it's range is awful. The only reasonable combos i could find with Zelda start with grabs. Uthrow can chain fastfallers, can lead to Dash attack or Fair/Bair, and is really the best set up I've been able to find, but it's really hard to get grabs through any kind of pressure, especially on faster characters, or characters who can space better.

4. Recovery is lame. Now, I'm pretty bad at recovering in general, and it could just be that I need to practice more, but Zelda's recovery doesn't give you a whole lot of options. For high recoveries, it's fine, since you can either sweetspot or go almost anywhere on stage. But if you could control the length of ^B, or could get some momentum afterwards, I think it'd give you a lot more options, especially coming from the below the ledge.
Zelda has a pretty large grab range in vBrawl and B+ actually, but the problem is that Zelda has few set ups into grab and the slowest non tether grab.

And her recovery is better with the fire hitbox on the end of her up-b, less landing lag, and JC Din's Fire towards the stage to confound your opponent's spacing and preparation.

G

genkaku

Watch some streams, zelda is doing great. Apparently far better than any previous smash game/codeset.

Axe's Pikachu is sexy.
From the looks of it, I'd say that Pikachu just needs higher reward for getting in hits. Maybe expanded combo options. As is, it's very risky to move in and the payoff just isn't worth it most of the time.

WingChroniam

Smash Rookie
Color Suggestions

It just came to mind, but would it be possible to add a color change for each character with a "METAL" theme? Like metal Mario? I thought that would be a nice color choice, but of course its only a COLOR not actual metal box item. And possibly a Dark shadow color and a White shadow body color choice? I thought that would be a nice add on to color choices.

Also have you guys considered adding and designing your own characters? You guys are so good at hacking that I thought maybe you might as well add someone that we all like.

Maybe add 3 characters of our choice by vote? Mine would be:

1. Geno
2. Zero (Megaman)
3. Issac (Golden Sun)

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
It just came to mind, but would it be possible to add a color change for each character with a "METAL" theme? Like metal Mario? I thought that would be a nice color choice, but of course its only a COLOR not actual metal box item. And possibly a Dark shadow color and a White shadow body color choice? I thought that would be a nice add on to color choices.

Also have you guys considered adding and designing your own characters? You guys are so good at hacking that I thought maybe you might as well add someone that we all like.

Maybe add 3 characters of our choice by vote? Mine would be:

1. Geno
2. Zero (Megaman)
3. Issac (Golden Sun)
*Sigh*
Firstly, if you want metal/shadow/white/whatever textures just download them yourself. They don't need to be part of the package.

Also, try reading the FAQ, it's the second post on the thread -__-. Adding new characters would require replacing old ones, which they aren't going to do.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
ummm...why did nobody mention this? o-o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBeceVlZzJM&playnext=1&videos=c1u6i8DuXso

or did i just miss it?

EDIT: was Amsah high? xDD he was walking half of the time lol

and when are we gonna get some Melee hitboxes/KB.....i'm tired of these weak looking attacks T^T
Yeah, ur not the only one. I noticed that too. Falco shouldve gotten gimped if it was the same as melee. Everyone seems to hate sheik + no one has the codeset in PR so w/e im not hyped anymore for this. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom