• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
it might as well be infinite <_< have you ever really seen a good meta knight's recovery fall short?

i was obviously exaggerating when saying it's ACTUALLY infinite but still the point. jiggz doesn't get killed from not being able to recover anyway. you have to hit her out whether her recovery is infinite or not.

ya gimp her recovery. i'm not very fond of balloons anyway e.e

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
infinite horizontal recovery. 5 jumps. an air dodge.

she recovers every time. her opponent's never make it. etc.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
If I remember correctly, Rising Pound infinite recovery (a straight line horizontally, doesn't raise you vertically) is allowed in Melee tournies, but infinite stalling is not. So....why not infinite recovery?

Sora-kun you forgot: if she gets hit downwards = dead balloon

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
that's why she has 5 jumps ;\ and an air dodge that goes as far as link's entire recovery in brawl
i'm not exaggerating.. honest.. ;_;

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I don't see anything wrong with removing Jiggs' infinite recovery. In fact, I think it would be irresponsible of us to leave it in.

I mean, where do you draw the line? Is it ok for Jiggs to stall out the last 2 minutes with rising pound? The last minute? The last 30 seconds? Why not just remove the option altogether so you don't have to make a mushy soft-ban?

Personally I think the same should go for anything similar. Peach's wallbomb should lose height. No one should be able to bang their head against a wall forever (Yoshi currently can with egg roll, as Nachos showed me at Apex). Can't think of anyone else this might apply to though (no, Sonic's homing attack cannot stall infinitely, nor could it ever, just airdodge and he dies).

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
You're overrating her recovery. Yes, it is beastly, but it has its many flaws and is NOT perfect.

*Proceeds to spike an unsuspecting jiggz with dairs and etc.)

I still don't see the issue with rising pound. Just ban stalling and you're good...I don't think a soft ban would be mushy at all. if you see them pound one way, and then the other, rinse and repeat, then DQ them.

nvm I guess I'm stupid >>

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
=/ i know i was kidding. i think nothing that's "infinite" should be left in tbh. infinite is a bad word in terms of balance.

unless there are exceptions that i can't think of atm..

stingers

Smash Obsessed
lucario should have infinite aura though...remove the ceiling, lets see how good this character can really be

Magus420

Smash Master
Jiggs doesn't have an infinite recovery to stall with. You have a finite number of jumps and without jumps you lose height with each rising pound. There is no "infinite rising pound" stall. I always thought it was funny that there was a frequently copy/pasted rule in rulesets that banned something that doesn't even exist.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
K, people you didnt have to jump on me. You could've just said "it was outdated" and be done. But calling me ignorant and stuff will only make me less hyped -_-. (I responded now because I hadnt checked the thread) Oh and of course I would be unhyped with PM if fair somehow got touched, its my favorite move and I use it for everything in melee :S.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I agree that most of the responses to your post were generally uncalled for. Please keep in mind that we get comments like "look at this vid 1 thing is off from melee (the youtube video description doesn't say "anything subject to change, this is an alpha test" or anything), game will fail, developers suck, long live Melee," constantly. It gets annoying after a while. People do need to not respond so harshly to comments like those, though.
Please don't be turned off of this game by the Sheik fair thing (her knockback values have since been transferred over from Melee) or the harsh responses from some people.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
In regards to the rising pound, isn't the stale moves effect operated via a queue? Is it possible to make a code through this that negates the rising effects of Jigg's side b if it used more than three times within the queue? (NOTE: I have no coding experience, so I don't know if I am saying nonsense, the obvious, or whatever)

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
stale moves only goes into effect if you actually hit something. (whether it be a shield or person or whatever, but not air)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I R MarF: It's impossible to code that in the way you're describing, though it's possible to code it by other means. Whether or not we will is another subject entirely.

Stev: Second post of the thread. Still closed alpha testing.

Stev

Smash Ace
I R MarF: It's impossible to code that in the way you're describing, though it's possible to code it by other means. Whether or not we will is another subject entirely.

Stev: Second post of the thread. Still closed alpha testing.
Will there be an open beta testing or is it only open once it's complete?

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
About the Fox Vertex Hack. That doesn't matter, it's just a vertex hack. You can put whenever you want, download and put on your sd lol. It won't take up all of your Fox slots and won't even affect gameplay.

And also there's people like me, who played melee and all, but prefer Fox's Star Fox Comman design rather than the Star Fox 64 one. But it would be no problem to put it on 1 or 2 slots of my Fox. There's no real point on discussing that at all. It will be optional whenever people decide it will not be. You can't control people SD cards to not accept FitFox files without or with the vertex.

Well, as Magus said, Jiggly can only maintain her height by using her jumps, she has 5 jumps which has decreased height gain on each one, to the point that she won't gain any height. The thing has a limit, not even 30 seconds can pass before Jiggly starts losing height.

If it doesn't exists, I thinks there's no need on fixing it.

One more thing, having the sfx of when franklin badge is reflecting a projectile on the powershield when reflecting projectiles was GENIOUS! That's the perfect sfx for it that lacked in melee.

L/A/W

Smash Journeyman
About the Fox Vertex Hack. That doesn't matter, it's just a vertex hack. You can put whenever you want, download and put on your sd lol. It won't take up all of your Fox slots and won't even affect gameplay.
i think you're in the minority here
but whatever we'll just have to wait and see

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
i also think it's wise to not have a set release date.. cuz if you don't have it finished by that point you'll have to delay it.. and people being delayed project M will surely cause a riot.. or a war <_< depending on how beastly link is... i might have to use nukes.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
Yes, after all we arguing things won't affect the project since the backroom will discuss everything.

We are basically waiting to see all the time while posting our opinions about something that we'll not decide just for the lulz

lol

MacKellarTeam1

Smash Cadet
Just a question about the 64 stages that have been put in. Will they have the hazards (pokemon/tornado) or will they just be the stage?

grim mouser

Smash Journeyman
Progress is looking great.

And if the credits for Menu and Graphics mean a Melee style start screen and menu are in the works, I will love you guys forever.

Also, if data can now be directly imported from Melee, does that mean Marth will have his former range? That would rock...

Finally, I notice Melee SFX. Since this requires Riivolution, what will be lost in the shift from using the File Patch and the other old methods, if anything?

Thanks in advance guys; I'm hyped.

john!

Smash Hero
Manual L-Canceling - Identical to Super Smash Bros. Melee, L-Canceling is now manual. A shield button press is required within a 6-frame window before landing during an aerial to cancel half of an aerial's landing lag. Manual L-Canceling increases the learning curve and adds technical demand to the game, and L-Canceling itself adds many options for characters who previously had too much landing lag on moves to be useful.
i'm sure this has been discussed before, but could you please explain or link me to an explanation of why you're needlessly increasing the learning curve for a new game that you hope gains a large audience? a simple "no" to aerial lag reduction just doesn't cut it for me, sorry.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
L cancel adds depth to the game, cause you have room for error, therefore you have to be good to land most of your L-cancels. I realy think this is a good thing, it's one of the things that piss me off the most about Brawl+, noobs could combo like pros

iLink

Smash Champion
Technically, what is tournament legal is up to the TO. It will probably be the standard.

masamunecyrus

Smash Apprentice
I'm just chiming in here to say:

Whoever came up with the feature on the Zero moveset were Zero uses a different attack when your smash attack is fully charged as opposed to when it's somewhat charged is brilliant. This is an entirely new and awesome game mechanic that should have been in Brawl to begin with.

Perhaps the Project: M developers should consider the innovativeness of that feature (or perhaps they shouldn't, because people here seem to want to keep things very traditonal and conservatively go from Melee 1.0-> Melee 2.0).

TL?

Smash Ace
L canceling is a completely arbitrary tech to up the learning curve. All it does is make it so people who spend time practicing a stupid and arbitrary tech feel superior to someone who hasn't. It is the illusion of skill. Sadly, this is Project melee so it's not going anywhere. It's already been stated several times that no matter how much better auto lag reduction may be it will not be the standard for P:M. So it's pointless to argue over it.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
L cancel adds depth to the game, cause you have room for error, therefore you have to be good to land most of your L-cancels. I realy think this is a good thing, it's one of the things that piss me off the most about Brawl+, noobs could combo like pros
Well, Brawl+ wasn't made to be technical and stuff, just brawl with added competitive depth. So manual L-cancel would be really out of place there. Anyway, I also think that's a good thing, but I enjoyed Brawl+ nonetheless.

But let us not start that discussion again. It was already decided at first so there's no point.

Well, I know that the balance issue is not a priority right now, but I think you may have some plans to it so I'll question anyway, if you have not discussed about the thing I'll ask you may not answer if you don't feel like.

First about Mario, will you enhance his recovery? I mean, he will have his tornado back right? Will you give him extra height/control or less lag? And will the tornado be a viable move like the cyclone?

And now for Ike, will you make him closer to his FE counterpart? Like being much faster, agile and maybe have a mid range projectile? Will his counter be closer to Roy's, will be like Brawl+'s or will it have unique properties (don't know, ranged attack, giving more damage than knockback or the inverse, something like that)? Will you make Aether a more viable move like being faster and/or having bigger horizontal movement when used in the ground or something like that?

I'll be glad if someone of the project answer at least one of questions lol
Thanks anyway :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom