• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ulevo

Smash Master
I thought I'd chime in a suggestion.

Although I am not sure if it is possible (since for Ganondorf, you seem to have replicated Falcon's run) would you consider finding an alternative animation to Wolfs run? It reminds me of vBrawl Ganon's run, where the character looks gimped, and doesn't fit the overall design. Wolf is feral by nature, and the animation clashes with that theme.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Link could pull out a different color bomb every once in awhile. Make them at least somewhat threatening. The same way Peach has stitchfaces he could have...idk some kind of Special bombs.

Sterowent

Smash Ace
nah, man, peach is a special case since she's only got one projectile, is restricted to being landed to gain it, and is limited to using it the same as an item. link has 3, can pull them out anytime, and they all travel differently, though one does classify as an item. with as fast and often as they are used, it's probably a better idea to have them be consistent! my 2 cents, though.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
edit: what about it do you not like? curious. does it feel wierd? mess up your setups? less efficient than one hit?
I think it should hit them more upwards.

This is the post I was talking about.

I'm not sure if it had any uses but at the time I wanted to simply compare the barebones details about hitboxes and maybe some properties that I was aware of.
Thanks, I was actually looking for that post the other day - I liked it. Is there a video of Link's Brawl hitboxes? I've got the Melee one, but a Brawl one would be nice as well.

Also, if data can now be directly imported from Melee, does that mean Marth will have his former range? That would rock...
He will. The issue is animations though, not hitboxes. Marth holds his sword at a stupid, awkward angle that points into the Z axis in Brawl, so it makes his sword range shorter.

Finally, I notice Melee SFX. Since this requires Riivolution, what will be lost in the shift from using the File Patch and the other old methods, if anything?
Uh, what Melee SFX were shown? FYI, the Shines are using sounds already in Brawl, just not the ones Sakurai (stupidly) picked. And SFX are complicated, but I'm fairly certain we'll make it so the same .pac file could be used with or without an SFX pack - We'll replace the equivalent sounds from Brawl with those from Melee. I'm not aware of much work in regards to custom Melee SFX, however.

L/A/W

Smash Journeyman
in shiz vs kage match 2 kage tripped at 1:12 while shiz was pillaring him
what's going on here guys:urg:

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Like we've said many times before, certain moves still sometimes trip even with their trip % set to 0. We're looking into it.

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
I saw Mario keeping fludd and not the tornado, doesn't that makes his recovery much worse than melee's?

Maybe you could put some more FLUDD knock back so he can use it as a recovery? It'll be like him turning with the cape, then getting a water boost from FLUDD and then keep on recovering. This idea could also work for squirtle.

And why did you choose mario's drill instead of the tornado as a dair? Mario's Brawl Dair is more useful IMO.

Could you please give some feedback on this post?

Ulevo

Smash Master
Oh, question.

What's the deal with light shielding? Are you guys able to implement that, or is that something you're not able to code? Work in progress?

I'd just like to know because I'd prefer to remove the springs from my controllers, but I won't go about doing that if Project: M is going to have that feature down the road.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
Would be a good idea characters having a slight super armor when using the DJC?

I mean, a super armor like the yoshi's midair jump that goes only until a certain percentage but working with the DJC aerials, I don't know, that would reduce the risks of the DJC characters of being gimped while trying to do a DJC, and all of them have issues with recovering.

I don't know if it is possible anyway >_> so excuse if what I said was dumb.

Revven

FrankerZ
I saw Mario keeping fludd and not the tornado, doesn't that makes his recovery much worse than melee's?

Maybe you could put some more FLUDD knock back so he can use it as a recovery? It'll be like him turning with the cape, then getting a water boost from FLUDD and then keep on recovering. This idea could also work for squirtle.

And why did you choose mario's drill instead of the tornado as a dair? Mario's Brawl Dair is more useful IMO.

Could you please give some feedback on this post?
He's getting the 'nado it's just not done yet hence why you saw FLUDD. Stuff that is generally considered WIP is not in the main build that's shown in videos.

ok i was really worried for a sec
Even if we can't technically fix the problem with moves like that, you can still tech the trip on reaction as if you had got put into tumble.

Oh, question.

What's the deal with light shielding? Are you guys able to implement that, or is that something you're not able to code? Work in progress?

I'd just like to know because I'd prefer to remove the springs from my controllers, but I won't go about doing that if Project: M is going to have that feature down the road.
Light shielding is looking impossible (the actual shield itself). We already have a light presses code done which allows for not having to hold the button all the way down. This has been answered before which I believe it is also in the second post of the thread.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb5amTV1fuc

brawl link hitboxes. you know i'm awesome ;D

i agree his rang should hit the opponent up. so i vote no razor wind rang~! or could he have razor wind and an upward trajectory?
Thanks. I'll really try and have some progress in a week or so. I've got social and work obligations up the wazoo, but after this weekend I'm clear for about a week.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
yw.

also, won't light button presses make L cancelling easier because you won't have to press it all the way down? that would be good.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I'm curious about some of the feedback you've gotten from Melee players, especially after showing off PM at Apex. Has anyone said that they enjoy PM not because it feels just like Melee, but because it feels like a continuation of Melee, like a true sequel should have been?

I think that as you get closer to the public (beta) release, the people who expect the game to be that way will be an important demographic to please.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
ok i was watching the match with D3.. i'm not a fan of him bcuz link mains hate him <_<
but don't you think that his up B has waaay too much landing lag? o.O he'll get wrecked so bad..
maybe halve the current time? or 1/3rd.. something? or do you already have plans on that and i'm *****ing over nothing?

Revven

FrankerZ
ok i was watching the match with D3.. i'm not a fan of him bcuz link mains hate him <_<
but don't you think that his up B has waaay too much landing lag? o.O he'll get wrecked so bad..
maybe halve the current time? or 1/3rd.. something? or do you already have plans on that and i'm *****ing over nothing?
It was something Giza was messing around with. It's nothing to fret over (meaning it's going to be reverted).

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
yw.

also, won't light button presses make L cancelling easier because you won't have to press it all the way down? that would be good.
You didn't have to press the button all the way in to L-cancel in melee, either. Hopefully, even if we can't get light shielding working, we'll at least be able to distinguish between light presses and full presses (last I heard I'm pretty sure that this is possible), since you did have to press the button all the way down for ADing.

shanus

Smash Hero
After watching kage vs shiz im hyped! I reeally like the high percent screams.

PS- :( @ lightshielding looking impossible.
Its not impossible, but tremendously difficult and falls entirely on dantarion to execute. Its not likely in any near future.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
You didn't have to press the button all the way in to L-cancel in melee, either. Hopefully, even if we can't get light shielding working, we'll at least be able to distinguish between light presses and full presses (last I heard I'm pretty sure that this is possible), since you did have to press the button all the way down for ADing.
i know you didn't have to that's the point.
---
good to know about D3's up B.
---
also, i remember someone saying that no one should have no use for their wavedash so peach, jiggz, zelda, etc. will have slightly better ones rite?

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
Screams of pain sounds too loud, yeah yeah "We already know", whatever... just don't forget to fix that soon.
i thought the joy of killing someone was to hear their agonizing screams before they are no more? the louder the screams the more satisfying the final stab is.

/notapsychotickiller

XkaruX

Smash Apprentice
In PM; when it happens, it just doesn't feel right, and I think it's bcuz the scream of pain sounds louder than the scream of death.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
In PM; when it happens, it just doesn't feel right, and I think it's bcuz the scream of pain sounds louder than the scream of death.
..when you're dying you have less energy to scream. i know this from experience.

/srslyimnotakiller

Phoenix~Lament

Smash Ace
So I was watching PM videos recently.

I liked what I saw. Good **** guys :)

I hope you guys have a plan for marth though. Or maybe he just needs time for people to figure out stuff he can do.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
The death screams will be looked into when SFX replacement is easily possible.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Yes, FPC 4.0.

However, it was very buggy and the original coder (Phantom Wings) permanently quit Brawl hacking. Riivolution is our only option for SFX replacement.

EDIT: Ninja'd

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
Sorry, English isn't my native language, just don't understand everything very well sometimes.

I knew about PW, but I thought someone was trying work on it (the code).

Seems like I was waiting for a code that would never came lol

Revven

FrankerZ
I thought you could replace them on the ISO itself with WiiScrubber. Is that not true?
You can but, again, that's not really accessible now is it? We want to keep the set simple, the only work the person who downloaded should have to do is stick it on the SD Card. Nothing more, nothing less.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Forgot about ISO hacking and loading through USB Loader.

That would work too.

EDIT: Double Ninja

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
are there any tournies with project M people going on in PA? <_< i should have asked a lonng time ago and i bet any money i missed a few..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom