• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Sheik will get her Melee fair back in full force, chill. There is no anti-Sheik bias.

Sneak, did you get Shiz or anyone else to play more Project M yesterday? If not I may be forced to post our G&W vs Snake match. You know the one :p

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Some people obv don't read through this thread carefully.

That Sheik + Falco match was with an outdated codeset!

shanus

Smash Hero
Yeah, ur not the only one. I noticed that too. Falco shouldve gotten gimped if it was the same as melee. Everyone seems to hate sheik + no one has the codeset in PR so w/e im not hyped anymore for this. :/
I love how your not hyped over something work-in-progress... Not every top tier gets finished in a day, if it was the case the project would be out by now.

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
It's amazing how one thing off, which came from an OLD set, has killed the hype for some people.

Seriously guys, stop being ignorant.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
The awesomeness about Sheik's fair in melee is somewhat its power, but mostly its ease to set up and its semispike angle.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Melee Sheik's Fair angle is 25.
Project M Sheik's Fair angle is 25.

Krautrock

Smash Apprentice
How is work on the Melee camera coming? I think that may be one of the major reasons people complain the game doesn't "feel like melee" despite the faithful character replications. The Brawl camera is awful - it stays zoomed too far out and doesn't do those crucial wobbles on dramatic hits.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Not all of them yet. I'm gonna have to upload the rest probably Wednesday. So you'll have to wait for Shiz vs Kage, but it will be worth it, trust me ;)

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Hungry Box's Jiggs didn't seem as potent, but I had to rub my eyes a few times when I saw Shiz's Falco; you guys seriously have recreated him in Brawl. Great work P:M developers!

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Jiggs still needs a lot of work.

I'm gonna try to upload some more tonight if my ****ty internet lets me.

Sterowent

Smash Ace
had the same feeling, marf. but, you know, he was trying to use jab resets which aren't perfect yet i'm pretty sure, and i'm somewhat sure that falco recovers just a tad differently right now, so he missed those rests too. i'm certain puff isn't as done as falco right now (edit: nailed the obvious, yesss), and hbox felt it.

but the matches were good. vs hbox's DDD and lee's lucario mighta been the bestttt

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
Hungry Box's Jiggs didn't seem as potent, but I had to rub my eyes a few times when I saw Shiz's Falco; you guys seriously have recreated him in Brawl. Great work P:M developers!
I agree so much. I'd say the U-throw needs to put Falco into more hitstun, or give more frame advantage? Hbox doesn't miss many rests, and you could see Shiz just barely escaped. The Hbox b-air looks like it missing something...not sure what. It didn't quite have the same walling properties Hbox was used to. This is all from eye tho, not sure about all this.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I think Jiggz up throw has more bkb in brawl than in melee...not sure though. Something is very different between it and melee's though.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I agree so much. I'd say the U-throw needs to put Falco into more hitstun, or give more frame advantage? Hbox doesn't miss many rests, and you could see Shiz just barely escaped. The Hbox b-air looks like it missing something...not sure what. It didn't quite have the same walling properties Hbox was used to. This is all from eye tho, not sure about all this.
This might be why.

Unfortunately, throw data from Melee doesn't transfer over to Project M like other move knockback/angle/damage data does. We'll need to spend a lot of time to get those correct. As of now most of them are kinda close but not exact yet.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
That has not been decided yet. I'm of the opinion that it should be standard.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
wow what...that's silly...leave the brawl models...unless you want to put melee vertexes on every melee character

L/A/W

Smash Journeyman
wow what...that's silly...leave the brawl models...unless you want to put melee vertexes on every melee character
no it's not. brawl fox is horrible and a ton of people agree
but he's the only character that really needs one imo

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Aside from brawl and Grandpa Ganon I don't really care.

Also nice vids JC. I wish the crowd reaction for some were recorded. I never thought anything from a brawl disk could make melee players owwww and OOOOOOOOH! :laugh:

GPDP

Smash Ace
Eh, IMO I'd rather vertex hacks be made optional, including Fox's. Melee models just clash too much with Brawl's overall art direction, ESPECIALLY if only one or a couple of characters are given their Melee models while the rest remain the same.

As long as the gameplay is Melee, I'm satisfied.

CTL17

Smash Lord
I think Kirby should have his Melee model back. Who's with me?
Jigglypuff too!

On the topic of Jiggs... after watching HBox, he's forced to not BAir everything since it doesn't have über range and knockback and all. I don't know if you're going to decide to restore her BAir and soften her FAir in exchange.
I blame HBox's techchase rests missing due to the change in roll distances. They seem to roll farther than expected. I don't know if that's a psychological thing.
I don't know if HBox uses muscle memory to get rest comboes, but the timing definitely feels different. The comboes still work, but the rest tends to be later than usual, as I've noticed. I think it's because she falls faster than she's supposed to. If anything, she just seems to move differently.
Rising Pound causes a net loss in height. She falls too much before she can pound again. See comment about rest comboes.

Despite all of this... she is still very broken.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
MK has clown shoes and mittens and he's top tier <_< so why not fox with clown shoes?

i'm jk btw. melee fox ftw.

Revven

FrankerZ
will foxes melee vertex be the standard or will it be optional(bad option)?
First, it's not even done so it has to look good to even be considered (assuming GW is actually still trying to make it). Second of all, I believe we covered this topic already so I don't know why you had to bring it up again. Third, I believe it was decided that it would have to be debated for Fox but most people seemed fine with allowing Fox to be changed (but only Fox).

Soooo basically, it hasn't been decided officially.

Edit: CTL, Jiggly's hitbox stats (not sizes) were ported fairly recently, it was just Hbox most likely missing Bairs because of not being used to the different spacing.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
her physics are exactly the same. techroll distance/frame data isn't the same. players might actually have to adjust in order to play this game (omfg).
or we just haven't gotten around to techs/techrolls/groundroll frame data and distances yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom