• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BEES

Smash Lord
Difference for difference's sake seems a little stupid to me. PM should improve anything and everything it can, but leaving the physics and stuff imperfect for no reason other than to differ from melee is just a bad idea. Especially since it's called what? Oh yeah, project melee.
None of the physics will be imperfect.

Any differences will have a reason for being there. Like Falcon's raptor boost recovery. It's a slight buff that he needs, so nobody in their right mind would object to leaving it.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Probably landing detection is what you're feeling is off, remember, Falco and co. in Melee land on their knees and in Brawl they land on their feet. So, the timing for some things are either easier or they are harder (such as double laser off of a ledge hop or laser platform drops are tighter).
That probably has something to do with it, but I felt like the general movement was a little different. More... Brawlish. Like there was still some kind of buffer or lag to it. It could just be the slightly different models/animations throwing me off, but it certainly felt a little different.

Either way, that's not important, because this isn't Melee. The main point is that you guys are doing a fantastic job so far, and this has been getting nothing but praise. Keep up the good work, we all love you're work so far.

But yeah, Kage was absolutely beasting it with Ganon. At first he was going all Falcon, and we convinced him to go Ganon. Well, it worked out very well.

BEES

Smash Lord
I thought there was going to be a buffer... lower than Brawl's but still 2-3 frames or so right?

I think Landing Detection and DI potency would be much more noticeable differences.

pwned-by-the-poob

Smash Apprentice
soooo... how's the landing detection going?

also can you fix that yoshi djc glitch? every time i play p:m i check to see if it's been fixed and it never is. it really messes me up and because of it i never want to play as yoshi. i know it's back room but still it's pretty annoying...

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
SSSHHIIIIIIIIIIIZZZZ omg.. his falco transferred prefectly to P:M it was crazy. So beast.. No need for me to even upload any matches of falco ever.. shiz has it covered with these. Trust and believe, some amazing footage is about to be put up.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Sorry no stream. Kinda out of my hands. But of course we saved a ton of amazing matches. I'll get em up ASAP.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
also can you fix that yoshi djc glitch? every time i play p:m i check to see if it's been fixed and it never is. it really messes me up and because of it i never want to play as yoshi. i know it's back room but still it's pretty annoying...
PM me the DJC glitch... IDK what you're talking about.
That probably has something to do with it, but I felt like the general movement was a little different. More... Brawlish. Like there was still some kind of buffer or lag to it. It could just be the slightly different models/animations throwing me off, but it certainly felt a little different.
The only differences as far as feel goes should be landing detection and momentum transferred into jumps. The latter is the only physics-based thing we couldn't transfer over from Melee (since the physics engine itself handled that; it's not a character based thing) and landing detection is just really annoying and we haven't been able to fix it yet.

CorteX

Smash Cadet
So, landing detection is surely fixable? Thank god, I hate it when we hit a brick wall.
As far as the ledge goes, does it still allow characters to sweetspot it from over 9000 ft away? I think this has been fixed already, just checking ^^
Also, as far as balancing goes I know you guys are still working on meleefying it but could you please please nerf sheiks dthrow a bit? At least make it escapeable with good DI and a well placed tech.
As a falcon main this has been my #1 annoyance.
I've been playing really good people over the past couple of days in the hope of improving in Melee (Remen, Amsah etc) and hope someday I can pick up my controller and play just as well in P:M.
Also Amsah loves P:M!

Peace

Also, everyone join #projectm @ irc.gamesurge.net
It's unreal for a mod to have such hype while the #brawlplus channel has more people in it :p

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
soooo... how's the landing detection going?
... Aren't you in the backroom?

Whatever. We've made very few promising advances regarding landing detection.
I thought there was going to be a buffer... lower than Brawl's but still 2-3 frames or so right?
Buffer has recently been voted down. It will be included as an option for wifi and friendlies, but by default the "handicap" (buffer) option will be disabled and it will not be allowed in tournaments.

Ideally, we'll have a customized buffer system like Melee's (buffer during jumping out of hitstun, etc.)
So, landing detection is surely fixable? Thank god, I hate it when we hit a brick wall.
Well... We hope so.
As far as the ledge goes, does it still allow characters to sweetspot it from over 9000 ft away? I think this has been fixed already, just checking ^^
It has.
Also, as far as balancing goes I know you guys are still working on meleefying it but could you please please nerf sheiks dthrow a bit? At least make it escapeable with good DI and a well placed tech.
As a falcon main this has been my #1 annoyance.
Already done.
Also Amsah loves P:M!
And we love Amsah.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
I like the buffer idea to only include it for friendlies and wifi. It helps wifi not suck as much(kinda) and it makes everyone happy. Brilliant =O

Furthermore, these matches are gonna make me go insane.. I can imagine it now.. being slowly driven to madness by the thought of "OMG I WANT THIS SO BAD!!"

Looking forward to it.

Revven

FrankerZ
PM me the DJC glitch... IDK what you're talking about.
It's this old "float" glitch that existed in B+ too where if Yoshi is holding an item (makes it easier) and DJCs he will be floating around and stuff... it doesn't really do anything and shanus hasn't gotten around to fixing it yet because the method TO fix it messes up the timing of the DJC and he doesn't want to do it that way.

poob, you really shouldn't be demanding something as little as that being fixed especially when I or shanus haven't forgotten about it, it's just not a priority right now.

pwned-by-the-poob

Smash Apprentice
ok sorry falco400. i was just bringing it up and if it's a hard process to fix then there's no need to rush to fix it. and i wasn't complaining by the way... just mentioning. D:

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
You can take the following post seriously of as a complete joke, as long as my question is answered regardless weather you take it as a joke or not.

Can you program melee to have brawl physics which is the complete reverse of this projects goal?

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
You can take the following post seriously of as a complete joke, as long as my question is answered regardless weather you take it as a joke or not.

Can you program melee to have brawl physics which is the complete reverse of this projects goal?
theoretically yes.. but that would be the highest of smash blasphemy <_<

it's like worshipping tripping (brawl version of satan)

Blitzkrieg98

Smash Apprentice
It is both Smashphemy and madness, Sora-kun; with an even lower dosage of Sparta...

...anyway, when it came to the topic at hand before, I'm glad Melee pros/veterans (minus one Mango, of whom will receive an evil eye or two...) are giving this dear Project M the praise it deserves.

So, Buffer has been completely taken out of the tournament rule set?

Wouldn't allowing 0-2 frame buffer be better than no buffer at all on anything?

G.L.

Smash Apprentice
this is a sweet idea, hopefully it turns out to be fun. will other people be able to get it once it comes out?

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
BTW how's the Melee soundpack coming

EDIT: Watched SS vs people in P:M

Grab super armor? Falcon Forward-B edge grabbable? Falcon Up-B edge grabbable from so low?
grab super armor existed in melee except you didn't take damage. so.. it's not really super armor.. grabs just take priority over attacks but still allow the grabber to take damage. in melee grabs simply had absolute priority. or something like that..

^ info from magus' thing that was posted like 200 pages back. @_@

falcon's forward B grabbing is a buff for him apparently. and idfk about up B.

AGFanProduction

Smash Journeyman
Hi Guys Its me Again AGFanProduction
Guys we (a lot of People/Teams) have an Idea
----------------------------------------------------------------
Please!
We want to Make the Project M bonus Pack (Which Includes the Removed Characters from Melee)
[Mewtwo, Roy, Pichu, Young Link and Dr.Mario]
(This will not be on the Official Release of PM, Its a Bonus)
Guys are you agree with that?
Please Project M Official Team: Give us permission to include the Melee Characters as a bonus for the Fans. (The People will love Project M!)
Give permission to us please......
WE would really appreciate It!
-I am talking for all the Teams: Mewtwo, Roy, Pichu, Dr.Mario and Young Link-

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
Hi Guys Its me Again AGFanProduction
Guys we (a lot of People/Teams) have an Idea
----------------------------------------------------------------
Please!
We want to Make the Project M bonus Pack (Which Includes the Removed Characters from Melee)
[Mewtwo, Roy, Pichu, Young Link and Dr.Mario]
(This will not be on the Official Release of PM, Its a Bonus)
Guys are you agree with that?
Please Project M Official Team: Give us permission to include the Melee Characters as a bonus for the Fans. (The People will love Project M!)
Give permission to us please......
WE would really appreciate It!
-I am talking for all the Teams: Mewtwo, Roy, Pichu, Dr.Mario and Young Link-

i'd support this.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
AGFanProduction

At this time, we do not have any intention of adding Dr. Mario or Young Link as separate characters, as they have been merged into Mario and Toon Link, respectively. An optional Doc and/or Y. Link costume may be included eventually for friendlies, but nothing has been set at all.

As for Pichu, Roy, and Mewtwo, we would definitely like to add them once we get a working clone engine. We have very high standards of quality for these characters, and would prefer to handle any 'official' bonus packs internally. We will contact the leaders of these projects if we are ready to help them polish up their projects for release.

kenshen

Smash Journeyman
AGFanProduction

At this time, we do not have any intention of adding Dr. Mario or Young Link as separate characters, as they have been merged into Mario and Toon Link, respectively. An optional Doc and/or Y. Link costume may be included eventually for friendlies, but nothing has been set at all.

As for Pichu, Roy, and Mewtwo, we would definitely like to add them once we get a working clone engine. We have very high standards of quality for these characters, and would prefer to handle any 'official' bonus packs internally. We will contact the leaders of these projects if we are ready to help them polish up their projects for release.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=282581

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
It sounds like that needs a lot of testing. If any of you would like to help the project and the community out you could go do some testing on this to assist MagmarFire.

Revven

FrankerZ
So, Buffer has been completely taken out of the tournament rule set?

Wouldn't allowing 0-2 frame buffer be better than no buffer at all on anything?
By removing buffer, it means making it off on default, making it 0 frames of buffer for tournaments. You can choose your buffer normally if you turn it on in options for friendlies and what not but, tournaments are likely going to be 0 only due to some thing being (PROVEN by the way) easier to do on a higher buffer than a lower buffer.

BTW how's the Melee soundpack coming

EDIT: Watched SS vs people in P:M

Grab super armor? Falcon Forward-B edge grabbable? Falcon Up-B edge grabbable from so low?
Only going to cover the last two:

Falcon Side B - Why shouldn't this grab the ledge? Just because he couldn't in Melee? We're not making an exact replica of Melee rather a sequel, a successor. Some of these things include allowing things like Falcon's Raptor Boost to grab the ledge when he already has a pretty bad recovery to begin with and isn't really hard to edgeguard anyway. It's a small buff for Falcon that pretty much helps him only slightly in an area he's not so great at.

Falcon Up B - This has been said before, it's alpha, ledge snap distances for Up Bs (and in general) have not been changed yet. It is a priority though and I will tell you right now we are working on this pretty soon.

D

Deleted member

Falcon Up B - This has been said before, it's alpha, ledge snap distances for Up Bs (and in general) have not been changed yet. It is a priority though and I will tell you right now we are working on this pretty soon.
So is Falcon losing his ability to sweet spot the ledge?

He can't sweet spot it in Melee along with Ganon, and it is a partial reason for the ease of edgeguarding them.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Ugh x_x I want to try out, but I was terrible at Melee, and I really have no knowledge of the deep details of any of the gameplay. I have some pretty decent PSA skills, but if I don't know what the end result should be, then I'm just going to be taking stabs in the dark... Not to mention I do have my own personal codeset and some personal movesets that I refuse to get rid of. <:\ Ah well, I'll just cheer this on from the sidelines.

Revven

FrankerZ
So is Falcon losing his ability to sweet spot the ledge?

He can't sweet spot it in Melee along with Ganon, and it is a partial reason for the ease of edgeguarding them.
He already can't sweetspot the ledge, the problem is in Brawl his legs during his Up B grab the ledge. So, when he does the flip he doesn't go through the whole animation because the legs count as his ledge grab range for some dumb reason. Ganon is the same kind of thing, the uppercut part of his Up B grabs the ledge.

These are the kind of things we want to fix, including Jiggly's crazy Side B ledge grab range among other characters' ledge grab ranges that are pretty ridank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom